User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: My Employer Took the Credit!?!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

I do not have the receipt as it was a call-in purchase with a credit card at the floral section of the fortinos I work at. I couldnt walk there or drive for that matter on the drugs i am on atm

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaPantz View Post
    I do not have the receipt as it was a call-in purchase with a credit card at the floral section of the fortinos I work at. I couldnt walk there or drive for that matter on the drugs i am on atm
    Will it be on your credit card statement? Or can you print your credit card statement from the credit card company’s website?
    matrix82 and hollyquaiscer like this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I agree with having you bring the receipt and if they take the credit they should pay for it. Also, I think you should talk to your managers boss. Show them the receipt and explain the whole situation. Even though your not at work people should not be doing that!
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Thu, Nov 1st, 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaPantz View Post
    They will have to have a copy of the transaction in order to validate a purchase with the credit card company. When customers question charges on their credit cards, the vendor must substantiate the charge against the card. I'm sure the store would be able to substantiate the charge for you. If not, then Shwa Girl is correct - a copy of your credit card statement (with other information blacked out with permanent marker) should certainly suffice. If you ordered the flowers on your own, with your credit card and your boss took the card out and replaced it with one of his own....that is theft!!! I can't believe anyone would do that.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Amanda,

That's so low, I feel really badly for you, thank goodness you told the son ahead of time. Very kind guesture on your part to be thinking of someone else when you are recovering from your surgery. I understand that you are upset as I would be & I know myself I would be down there giving hell and making a scene, however, you know in your hearts of hearts what you did and I wouldn't want you to get fired over your distress & disgust. I would inform the top dogs whomever they may be what this person did, you have a copy of the receipt and show them that you are the one who sent the flowers not Mr. or Mrs NO-SHAME.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

OMG....what a sad thing for your manager to do. It makes me angry when I read things like this. Great people like yourself(especially since you just had surgery) take the time to do a feel good moment for another and some slime takes all the wind out of your sail, and the rest of the co-workers for that matter. Just my opinion, but someone like that should be fired. There is no excuse for what he did and since he threw away your card, he knew exactly what he was doing. Just makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm really sorry that happened to you. I hope your recovery is going well. Cheer up, he will get whats coming to him!
    i_forget likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

So terrible, this is the type of stuff that turns my stomach...how can people treat each other so badly?! Anywho, I agree with the other posters re taking in your cc statement for reimbursement. Sometimes the quiet approach is the best one. The key people who needed to what really went down are already in the know, and you'll remain the bigger person for not airing the dirt on this one. And as others have said, if it was so easy for the employer to make this card swap, Lord knows they've done more and perhaps worse. Hugs for you to be so kind and giving while healing from your surgery. Your heart is big and the kindness will come back to you (not them)!!!
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

disgusting! I agree with the others, get the company to pay you back. Ask what happened to your original card, too.
    Jonesy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information