User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Fpc dove coupons are fraudulent?? I THINK NOT !!

Trading Score
    455 (100%)

Expired on: Mon, Jul 22nd, 2013
    Name:  AIR_20121027_00000.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  265.3 KBImagine my surprise, no SHOCK today at Walmart in Strathroy ON. I was told the 7 FPC Dove coupons I was going to use were FRAUDULENT coupons.
    The manager showed me the information they had recently received on fraudulent coupons and included was a picture of my FPC DOVE COUPONS!!!

AGHHHHHHHH I traded for these coupons here on SC.

So what do I do next??
    Contact the person I traded with??
    Contact the mods??
    Return them to Unilever??

This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Last edited by knitting nurse; Tue, Oct 30th, 2012 at 06:39 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, my gosh! I suppose you should contact the trader first to find out where the coupons initially came from.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I'd like to know more info since I also have a few I traded for. I was told they were from a promo a while back.

Do you have any specifics?

Perhaps there are legit ones and fraudulent ones and there is a way to spot the difference between them?

Did you contact Unilever?

Trading Score
    455 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I'd like to know more info since I also have a few I traded for. I was told they were from a promo a while back.

Do you have any specifics?

Perhaps there are legit ones and fraudulent ones and there is a way to spot the difference between them?

Did you contact Unilever?
    Not yet I just found out today.
    The cashier did say that a clue to them being fake was the fact they have no bar code and company coupons usually have holograms on them.
    Last edited by knitting nurse; Sat, Oct 27th, 2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Adding more information

Trading Score
    455 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, my gosh! I suppose you should contact the trader first to find out where the coupons initially came from.
    Yes, your right that's a good place to start. I do keep records of my trades so it just means going back to look.
    Natalka likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    341 (100%)

Please keep us posted. I've definitely traded a couple of those that I got from other traders, so am going to feel terrible if I unadvertently trading some bad ones.
    knitting nurse likes this.

Trading Score
    455 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thesemicolonel View Post
    Please keep us posted. I've definitely traded a couple of those that I got from other traders, so am going to feel terrible if I unadvertently trading some bad ones.
    Will do I am a woman on a mission!!

Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I got a DOVE fpc this week from Unilever and my coupon looks exactly like the one posted. There is no hologram or bar code, but it has a code under the expiry date.
    Armygirl76 and knitting nurse like this.

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by candy2apple View Post
    I got a DOVE fpc this week from Unilever and my coupon looks exactly like the one posted. There is no hologram or bar code, but it has a code under the expiry date.
    what is the code on yours?

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

ok, I had a similar problem last year with Stouffers FPC's. The sobeys store I tried to use them at ( mine were good, straight from stouffers rewards ) had gotten a fraudulent copy of that same coupon a month earlier. Stouffers contacted them to tell them the one they received was fake. Sobeys, took it to mean that ALL coupons like that were fake. but of course we all know they are not. Walmart likely had the same thing happen, they likely had someone pass a copy of an FPC to them, and were likely contacted in regards to the fake. They likely took that to mean all those coupons are fake. I would think your coupon is still ok. The cashier who accepted the fake coupon may not have taken the time to give it a good look over and it was likely printed on a color copier. If yours looks like it was printed at a company and its glossy there is a good chance its real and walmart is just taking a precaution. Try folding it in half length wise, if the corners match up EXACTLY its for sure real. Thats how to test a counterfiet bill as well, machines can cut precisely where people at home cannot, even with a paper cutter, if they match up corner to corner precisely, you have a real coupon. Try another store. If your feeling really uneasy about it, call the company to be sure. I have had a coupon like that though in the past right from dove, they actually do make a coupon like that.
    Last edited by JennyFromTheRock; Sat, Oct 27th, 2012 at 01:40 PM.
    knitting nurse and MISSCUTEZ like this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

That looks like the one I had mailed out to me because of a broken aerosol can. Unilever coupons don't have bar codes, the upcs are the 8 digits printed. Look at the scans of some of the $2 wub2 dove products, no bar codes. I could see why Wal-Mart would not accept since they could be copies, mine don't have any foil, but you can tell it is printed on high grade shiny paper. Upc 89288117
    Last edited by mrsf1sh; Sat, Oct 27th, 2012 at 01:41 PM.

Trading Score
    455 (100%)

Oh, thanks for the info !!
    You are making me feel a whole lot better about this whole situation.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by candy2apple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsf1sh View Post
    That looks like the one I had mailed out to me because of a broken aerosol can. Unilever coupons don't have bar codes, the upcs are the 8 digits printed. Look at the scans of some of the $2 wub2 dove products, no bar codes. I could see why Wal-Mart would not accept since they could be copies, mine don't have any foil, but you can tell it is printed on high grade shiny paper. Upc 89288117
    Ditto. I received one directly from Unilever and saw no hologram or bar code, but yes on shiny paper.

p.s. If you call Unilever, i suggest that you don't tell them you traded for it!

Silk
    knitting nurse and Candini like this.
    Have a great life!

Karma Canuck
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

stores do make mistakes regarding what they think are fake coupons...
    knitting nurse and Candini like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

WOW..............so much to trust people.....Hoppe they get caught and pay a prise for it. It dont matter what we do there is bad people everywere. I feel sorry for you, you did not need to go true that at all. No body deserve that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information