User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By LegobrandonCP
  • 1 Post By chillys-willy

Thread: iPOD Deals and ?'s

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I am looking to get the gets iPods for Christmas. What should I be getting (the kids are 7 and 8) and they want to play games. What price am I looking at?

Thanks
    Kerry
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Well the only iPod that can handle games right now is the iPod Touch. There are two options, an expensive one with 5" screen or a cheaper one with a 4" screen.

The iPod Touch with a 5" screen was recently released back in October and retails for about $299 CDN for a 16 GB model or $399 for a 32 GB. While the 4th generation (4" screen) retails for much cheaper ever since the 5th generation was released. The 4th gen goes for $179 for 8 GB, and $199 for 16 GB.

If your kids can wait after Christmas, I suggest you get either model on Boxing day. Best Buy or Future shop will usually take $30 off of each device.

As for me, I recommend you get the 4th generation since your kids are young and don't really need a high-end device like the 5th gen.

Refurbished iPod Touch 4th generations are also available on Apple's website. The 8 GB goes for $149.

Hope this helps! If have any more questions, just let me know!
    nicolthepickle and 4sure5 like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

My 10 year old son has the 8GB 4th Generation and he has hundreds of games. He filled it once, only because he bought and HD TV episode of from Itunes, he just removed the show and then he was fine. He's had it for two years now and the 8GB seems to be enough.

Apple always has a Cyber Monday or Black Friday sale, and the Ipod Touch has been discounted by 10%, (at least that's what happened the last two years). Also when you order from Apple you can get an engraving on the back for free.

And like LegoBrandon said, the refurbished stock on the Apple website is quite good.

I purchased my son a Refurbished Macbook for his birthday this past March. I saved about $200 and it has worked perfectly fine. It came packaged like a brand new product, he is none the wiser and we haven't had any issues at all with it.

And, if you want the most bang for your buck, I am sure that's why your on SC Sign up with Ebates first, then log into Ebates and access the Apple store through there, you will also get 2% cash back on your purchase.

If you PM me I can send you a link to Ebates

Oh, and I would highly recommend getting a case for it. The way it's designed it's sleek and slips out of your hand easily. We dropped it a few times the first day. I know of few of his friends have dropped theirs and cracked their screens.
    Last edited by glamorousgirl; Tue, Nov 6th, 2012 at 04:29 PM.
    Couponing Since 2011

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

There are alot for sale on Kijiji at discounted prices too.
    smartnuts likes this.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with chillys-willy.

You might also be able to pick up an older generation ipad from kijiji for a comparable price.

Thread Information