User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Drug Dealer Across the Hall!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

The door closer is a great idea (and a requirement for fire doors in a lot of locations). Definitely do the CrimeStoppers thing - you can even report anonymously online, you don't even have to call.

Sorry you're dealing with all that additional stress - a baby waking up and crying is not fun for anyone in the family, poor thing must be exhausted.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

call the police, and file a report and keep calling them until they do something about it. I have called the police for teenagers playing music way to loud all hours of the night because I can not get sleep! and this is more serious than that.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Mon, Oct 29th, 2012 at 12:22 PM.
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

There are groups....safer communities here in NS.....they work hard to get drug dealers outta family living areas....contact the police, or even just make an inquiry with police....to see about options
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

call the police, and don't be afraid of him retaliating.

the police will NEVER tell him they followed your tip, they will let him think they have been following him for a while or something.

i have witnessed police tell a fib about details, just to protect the person who gave them the info. no, not in a bad or corrupt way, but just to make sure things went smoothly.

you do not want him, his friends or customers even around your building.

talk to the cops, and let them know you are concerned. they will take it from there. if it turns out he is doing nothing, well then at least you will have that peace of mind. if it turns out he is doing something bad, well then congratulations on getting him caught
    matrix82 likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I'd probably call the landlord and inform him/her of your concerns. Usually when the landlord is notified of these type of things, they will call the police themselves.
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sounds like we have the same neighbor! Mine is right across the hall from me, constantly slamming the doors, and Ive actually let in a few ppl not knowing they were paying them a call! The most annoying part for me is when I wake up in the middle of the night because I can smell them smoking their drugs.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Is this a condo or an apt building. Unfortunately, if it's a condo, there is very little that can be done (been there). What the police told us to do is to call for a police officer visit every time someone knocked on the door, every time the radio was on even a smidge too loud after 11, basically annoy them to the point where they wanted to get out (in out case, an older gentleman thought it would be a great idea to pay off his condo faster by dealing drugs, then his clients threw him out of his home - after they were sufficiently annoyed, they moved out in the middle of the night & gutted the place, all fixtures, applliances, doors, everything including drywall was stripped).

As for your poor pup, there is a way to train her to stop barking. Since the slamming door is a regular thing, every time the door slams & she runs to the door barking, give her a cookie. After a few times, she'll anticipate the cookie & the barking will be less. Eventually, she'll give one bark, then run to you for the treat.

It's a bit of work, but will at least give your pup some peace of mind til the situation is resolved.

Good luck.
    lecale likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Do yourself a favor and call the police, you never know what kind of people he will have coming around your area due to his extra curricular activity.
    And whatever you do, please do not confront this individual, you do not know what he is dealing - who he knows or what he is capable of. He sounds like a small operation that probably sells some dope, but never the less tread carefully!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Complain to your landlords. Our super has recorded and evicted activity like this. No one ever reported it to the police, but considered it "Disturbing the peace" of all the tenants.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I always call my superintended or landrod first on anything etiher is appt. issues or neighbours, I tell him what is annoying me and he usually is pretty good at getting fixed it right away NO MATTER what it is .. In my building is a NO tolarance for drugs so if they find out that you smoke marihuana they will kick you out .. I have a 3 year old and I had reported marihuana smells and they stopped rihgt after I talked to my super!.

Crime stoppers is another way for sure, but talk to superintendent so he can start getting support documetnation for the records !
    Happy Shopping !!

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Sorry to hear this is going on! We have TWO across the street. One guy we know he is because a friend of mine told me, the other guy is just too obvious. Cars pull up ALL HOURS of the night and HONK! Seriously!?! Honking at 4am is unacceptable! But fortunately if we just close our windows we can't hear it, so we really haven't done anything about it. But we're in a house and if you're in an apartment it's such a different story, you're literally sharing a roof with this guy.

As for door slamming our old apartment had this mechanism on the top of door to prevent them from slamming open/shut too quickly, and if you just let the door go behind you it closed very slowly and quietly on its own, maybe that's something you could talk to your building manager about? Is it waking your little guy up? Even if it isn't I would lie and tell your landlord it is, and hopefully he could address the issue.

And as for looking out the peephole, that's all I did in my appartment LOL! DH used to make fun of me for it! I hope all goes well for you
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

So, do you have an update? Did you call the police?
    matrix82 likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    So, do you have an update? Did you call the police?
    Yes I curious about what happened too.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

If you're in an apartment building and he's actually growing the stuff, he's obviously going to need bright lights and equipment. I'd talk to the landlord and alert them of suspicious activity. Then they can check the hydro meters for that suite to see if there's anything off the charts.
    Let the landlords deal with it, keep yourself safe! Only they can enter and check out his suite to see if your suspicions are right.
    Open for all coupon trades!
    Join Swagbucks for free money!

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's the price you pay for living in an apartment. Don't expect peace and quiet and the most ideal neighbours. You're living in a community of a good 100+ people where people don't own the property...you're obviously going to get shady people.

Move!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information