User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Drug Dealer Across the Hall!

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    It's the price you pay for living in an apartment. Don't expect peace and quiet and the most ideal neighbours. You're living in a community of a good 100+ people where people don't own the property...you're obviously going to get shady people.

Move!!!
    I don't even live in an apartment building and I take great offense to this comment. I can only imagine how other SCers who DO live in apartment buildings feel after reading this.

First of all, many people do not CHOOSE to live in an apartment building, they live there because it is affordable, close to work, close to their kids school, or their last resort for a roof over their heads.

Secondly, you should not need to own the property to be respected. You're still PAYING to live there (often times, more than a mortgage payment would be!). DH and I actually bought a house because the mortgage was cheaper than the rent, not everyone has the means to do this. If we wouldn't have had family to help us with a down payment that never would have happened for us, not everyone is this fortunate.

Thirdly, unfortunately we all don't have the luxury to just pack up and just move on a whim. Moving is extremely costly and not always in the cards. It usually involves putting down a damage deposit, a full months rent, renting a moving van, buying boxes, and taking time off work. Also you can't forget about all the hidden fees when you relocate your hydro, cable, internet, home phone, etc. Not to mention moving almost always involves finding a new daycare in your area, and if you don't have a car, finding a new way to work, and the huge hassle that comes with changing your address on everything...

Why should SHE move because someone else is causing havoc in the building? This concept makes zero sense to me. I'm sure she's not the only one upset by what's been going on. It just makes no sense to have all the loyal tenants move and let a drug dealer stay... AND when you are PAYING to live somewhere you absolutely can expect your neighbors to be respectful, but even is she was living there for free, he is breaking the law!

Perhaps you didn't mean your message to come across the way it did, and I'm sorry if that was the case, but that's the way I took it.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponclippercaitie View Post
    I don't even live in an apartment building and I take great offense to this comment. I can only imagine how other SCers who DO live in apartment buildings feel after reading this.

First of all, many people do not CHOOSE to live in an apartment building, they live there because it is affordable, close to work, close to their kids school, or their last resort for a roof over their heads.

Secondly, you should not need to own the property to be respected. You're still PAYING to live there (often times, more than a mortgage payment would be!). DH and I actually bought a house because the mortgage was cheaper than the rent, not everyone has the means to do this. If we wouldn't have had family to help us with a down payment that never would have happened for us, not everyone is this fortunate.

Thirdly, unfortunately we all don't have the luxury to just pack up and just move on a whim. Moving is extremely costly and not always in the cards. It usually involves putting down a damage deposit, a full months rent, renting a moving van, buying boxes, and taking time off work. Also you can't forget about all the hidden fees when you relocate your hydro, cable, internet, home phone, etc. Not to mention moving almost always involves finding a new daycare in your area, and if you don't have a car, finding a new way to work, and the huge hassle that comes with changing your address on everything...

Why should SHE move because someone else is causing havoc in the building? This concept makes zero sense to me. I'm sure she's not the only one upset by what's been going on. It just makes no sense to have all the loyal tenants move and let a drug dealer stay... AND when you are PAYING to live somewhere you absolutely can expect your neighbors to be respectful, but even is she was living there for free, he is breaking the law!

Perhaps you didn't mean your message to come across the way it did, and I'm sorry if that was the case, but that's the way I took it.
    I have found that it's just best to ignore some posters comments. They are ALWAYS the same, rude, don't care about other peoples feelings and just posted to get a rise out of us. If enough people report those people, they will eventurally be forced to make yet another new profile, and hopefully have learned a lesson.
    matrix82, Insane, GoJays and 2 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I have found that it's just best to ignore some posters comments. They are ALWAYS the same, rude, don't care about other peoples feelings and just posted to get a rise out of us. If enough people report those people, they will eventurally be forced to make yet another new profile, and hopefully have learned a lesson.
    You're right Holly. I should have bit my tongue... I admit I was a little (more like A LOT) heated when I wrote that and should have taken a few deep breaths first. It just makes me so upset when people are so ignorant...
    hollyquaiscer, GoJays and i_forget like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Crime stoppers ...you may even get some money from it!
    matrix82 likes this.
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I don't live in a world of marshmallows and rainbows like the rest of you. I say things as it is, the truth. If there's a drug dealer across from you...either you...report it to the authorities, move or deal with it.
    LauraWill and saveadollardiva like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    I remember when one of our neighbours moved in (and we were in townhomes and he moved in across the walkway). He rented from the previous owners. We had nicknames for some of the neighbours we didn't know personally. We called him grow op guy! He just gave us that feeling but was a nice enough, neighbourly guy. Don't you know about a year or so later we wake up to cop cars IN the walkway! Turns out his neighbours heard someone breaking in so called the police. Police arrive and he had a GROW OP in the basement! No word of a lie! I only wish we'd have had more proof then our "suspicion" and had called crime stoppers. You could always call crime stoppers then you'd be annonymous.
    OFF TOPIC a bit... (OP, i hope this got resolved! please let us know an update...what did you do??)

LOL. i like this post... we have commented that we are certain that some of our neighbors probably think we are drug dealers... (we are not!!!). My boyfriend works for himself, and only seasonally... so every morning when everyone else leaves for work, he's still home... when they get home in the evening, he's home before them too (the luxuries of a short workday...)... he works all summer, and stays home all winter (so he really looks like he's doing nothing good). we have a lot of friends come over for "movie days", video games, poker games, other get togethers... there's always strange cars coming and going... often carting a case of beer with them on the way in! haha. we had two friends living with us for a while, so that increased the "traffic" to and from our house too. My bf loves to watch tv or movies in the dark, so our blinds are always closed... we have two dogs (could be perceived as guard dogs, but they're far from it!) plus, we're a good 10+ years younger than most of our neighbors, and it's not really the cheapest neighborhood, so they're probably wondering how we can afford it (we barely can, but couponing helps!! ) so more than once, we've had the convo of how we think the neighbors are suspicious of us. haha. Also, like you, i have nicknames for the neighbors that i dont know. but for the most part, we just use house numbers.... "10 was out washing his car when i got home and he said..." etc... lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information