User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Your City Deals Scam $49 for $100 GC Discussion

Trading Score
    387 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Unless you specified that you were not buying, I repped you a comment about a refund if you commented - ignore it if you didnt order
    So nice of you to take the time to do that for all the members
    glenglen likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

What a scammer this guy is he said Paypal refused to give him the money that's most likely the reason people are getting their money back, my guess is he would have taken the money and ran if he would have gotten it..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by glenglen View Post
    What a scammer this guy is he said Paypal refused to give him the money that's most likely the reason people are getting their money back, my guess is he would have taken the money and ran if he would have gotten it..
    Agreed, but I think the even stupider part is him trying to claim it's not a scam and that he just didn't know how overwhelming the response would be.

Umm, buddy: you're offering GAS CARDS AT 51% OFF. You're lucky you haven't been mobbed by a horde of people with pitchforks and set on fire.

If he had wanted to set up a legitimate offer, he should have offered, say, 2,500 $100 GCs at whatever discount he wanted - he'd have 2,500 new sets of eyeballs on his site. Lather, rinse, repeat for new customers...not hard to understand. Limiting the quantity is the key.

I'm glad everyone's getting refunds.
    FallenPixels and Whatsup like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

yes, at certain points people asked if there were still more gift cards available and they posted yes
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank goodness for forums like this. Discussions in forums enevitably set off bells and whistles with Paypal when people started enquiring if it was a legit deal. But what a SCAMMER. How could he sell 1 million dollars worth of gas cards with no capital to back him. The guy should be behind bars. He expected to collect all the cash and then buy the cards hehehehe. Just unbelievable.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Looks like they're trying to run another scam. Wow unreal.

http://yourcitydeals.com/deals/25-for-50-lcbo-gift-card

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi

Wondering if anyone subscibed to Ottawa Deals.com "Unlimited Snow Clearing" for $99 from Everclean 991 in Orleans?? I did, its been a week of trying to contact and get someone to dig me out - no luck, though lots of assuring messages on their Facebook page - where the person writing the entries is, I believe, in Florida...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information