User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Save on foods no longer allowing stacking

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

Just came back from Langley S.O.f. tried to stack a few, only Mapleleaf prime chicken was allowed, the rest a big "No"
    hijinx25 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Good to know about the Maple Leaf Chicken. Might be wise to use those stacks before that becomes excluded.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    240 (100%)

I never even knew that you can stack at Madison Square....guess I should of asked, but hate getting shot down or have that "look" like I am crazy :0/

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    I would be curious to hear from people that shop at Madison Sq in Burnaby and the Cambie locations. These locations have been very coupon-stacking friendly to date.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i think this is the key issue

Quote Originally Posted by hijinx25 View Post
    With the increase of stacking confusion and due to certain ethical policies that are put forth by the manufactures we are no longer able to accept coupon stacking.(
    for the store to claim all the coupons they take in they have to sell one item for every coupon used.. for example if you went in with a 4 coupon stack and bought 1 bag of Vanhoutte coffee the store needs to sell an additional 3 bags to be able to claim the rest of the coupons.. and i think where the trouble lays is they are not selling that amount of product.. between the high increase of couponers, the stress and frustration it adds to the cashiers (unless you are a solid couponer it's hard to keep up with all the different coupons with different wordings and if the store has to write every aspect in a coupon policy it would be pages and pages long)

i've heard of incidents where a store will get a coupon audit and they have to prove they sold X amount of product for X amount of coupons claimed
    renegado and hijinx25 like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Ot would be nice to see some of the stores adopt the double coupon day policy that a lot of store have down here. Florida is not know for grocery stores that double coupons, but in the 3 weeks since I landed here, I done 2 double coupon trips and 1 where I could use a store and a manufacturers coupon together.

I've noticed that almost every store will allow a store coupon and 1 other coupon (manufacturers,printable,e-coupon etc...) It works out pretty well. I just make a list of what I need, then unless it's something I need immediately, I wait for a sale and a store coupon to combine with mine.

Publix,Winn-Dixie,Target,Walgreens,CVS,Sweetbay....they all take 2 coupons and sometimes double the manufacturers coupon, plus all the stores with the exception of Target give you back Catalinas wheich are a super bonus!

Maybe Canadian stores should bring in some catalina machines!!!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Holly, FYI - I've been to Targets that give out catalina coupons ... they're great!!!
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I'm pretty sure every single coupon out there has the wording "One Coupon per Purchase" well that sux not that I stacked too much at Save on though wont affect me too much. I like my london drugs just wish they were like a grocery store too

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Stacking? Man you guys have been really lucky being able to stack! They dont stack in Quebec; it is totally unheard of!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Thanks - I have that and emailed h/o with some questions of clarification and that's when I received the above email. I've spoken to a handful of managers in my area (Delta, Surrey and Richmond) and they all said NO MORE to stacking.

I have a friend that was able to stack in Chilliwack and another in Burnaby that was OK to stack on the weekend. Another friend went to the Nordel location (the one I frequent the most) and her cashier told her she's not allowed to accept stacks any more but since she was a great couponer, she'd allow it

This is my take: SOF took months to fully implement their stacking policy. There were cashiers who, months after a stacking policy was creating, did not know how to accept stacks. The reverse will be true. It may not take months, but I'm sure gradually we will see that no stores will allow stacking as per this new guideline. I mean, seriously, show me a coupon that does NOT contain one of these clauses:
    o One coupon per purchase
    o Use of more than one manufacturer coupon per product is strictly prohibited
    o Only one coupon valid per purchase
    o Limit one coupon per customer, limit one coupon per purchase

They are excluded stacking entirely. They say they stack, but the reality is that they won't EXCEPT they will permit the stacking of manufacturers with store coupons.

I hope I am wrong though. But "Steve" from h/o left little hope for me.
    I think that we'd still be able to stack the VH coupons....the ones I have don't have any restrictive wording whatsoever.
    hijinx25 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    324 (100%)

i have vh coupons from booklet
    all of them state -one per purchase ...

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

live simple the ones from the insert don't say that.. and i THINK the yellow booklet ones don't say i tand the blue/black hang tags don't say it
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is an email response I received this morning in response to my questions regarding coupon stacking at Save On.

Hi Monica,

With the increase of stacking confusion and due to certain ethical policies that are put forth by the manufactures we are no longer able to accept coupon stacking. However you are able to stack one Overwaitea coupon with one manufactures coupons.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,
    Steve
    Customer Service

Please consider the environment before printing this email or its attachments
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note: This message is only intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
    information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the
    intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
    hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
    have received this communication in error, please notify us by telephone (604-888-2079) or electronically by return
    message, and delete or destroy all copies of this communication. Thank you. (
    Yes.. the manufacturers do not want to be ripped off by coupon users!

Remember not too long ago.. when stacking was going crazy at London Drugs? People here were clearing shelves of product.. and paying for it with coupon stacks. The one item that comes to mind is Febreeze Flameless Candle. London Drugs couldn't keep these on the shelves.

The big picture - P&G sells 10000 Febreeze Flameless Candles to London Drugs for $6ea. $60000
    90% of these at $14 retail are bought using stacks.
    London Drugs sends in $126000 coupons for product they've paid P&G $60000 for. P&G won't be too happy with this.

This stacking was so bad - P&G changed the wording on their coupons and London Drugs changed their policy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

You are totally right and I get that.

Eg. there's a "crazy chicken lady" at my SOF who always clears the shelves and then some of Olymel when they do BOGO or put Olymel on sale. She literally gets like 50 boxes.

I want 2-4 for my family. I always end up getting a rain cheque.

This is WAAAY over the top and I understand SOF for changing their policy because of couponers like her. It just sucks for the majority of us who DON"T abuse and play by the rules.

(By the way, the cashiers at my SOF call her the crazy chicken lady, not me!)
    thriftygranny and jezz like this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I don't think P&G is hurting for money LOL
    rombursuc and PurpleBunny89 like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

You are totally right and I get that.

Eg. there's a "crazy chicken lady" at my SOF who always clears the shelves and then some of Olymel when they do BOGO or put Olymel on sale. She literally gets like 50 boxes.

I want 2-4 for my family. I always end up getting a rain cheque.

This is WAAAY over the top and I understand SOF for changing their policy because of couponers like her. It just sucks for the majority of us who DON"T abuse and play by the rules.

(By the way, the cashiers at my SOF call her the crazy chicken lady, not me!)
    50 boxes!!!???!! Wow...I would be embarrassed using coupons for that many. I bought about three boxes every couple of weeks.
    fuzzycoconuts likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information