User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By DeannaMac

Thread: What do you guys think of the new Walmart?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

it still has a zellers feel to me, but i'm glad it's up and running.
    just in time for christmas shopping.
    no more dartmouth crossing trips - YAY!

i only checked out a couple departments (sporting goods, toys, housewares).
    they were small but had the main things i'd be interested in.

what are your opinions?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart, Zellers

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I gave the new Walmart location a trial run yesterday. I was displeased with the layout of the store. The men's section is two short aisles (that's it), I didn't notice any grocery section (unless it's hidden somewhere), and the cart-situation is weird. I'll be sticking to the Dartmouth Crossing location.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was really displeased with the store and the cashier that I went through.
    I was the first customer to use coupons through her cash. She told me that she needed everything I bought back up on the belt so she could change the prices. Meanwhile the line up was getting longer behind me and the men were getting mad at me. So I told her to call over a CSM, so she flicked her light and after 5 mins and her waving her arms around a CSM came over and told her how to do a vendor coupon.
    After her chastising me and making me feel like a ding bat.... I said to her in the nicest way possible... That I was a learning experience that she will never forget.
    mulock and Mich649 like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

just got back, also not happy...
    not a single flyer in the store.."we're not slated to get flyers"...WTF does that mean??
    oasis juice that was supposed to be .87 is $1.11 but cant prove otherwise cause they dont have flyers..
    couldnt find half the stuff i went there for...they have pantry items but no fridge/freezer stuff
    I used 3 coupons and the cashier says "Oh, and you have all of these?" Wow...
    A co-worker told me she was there the other night and witnessed a lady clearing a shelf of small toys INTO HER PURSE!!!!
    She went to the front and told an employee who said "we weren't told what to do in that situation" WHAT????
    And watched this lady walk out the front door with $50 worth of stuff in her purse....unreal...
    I think this store will be just as crappy as Zellers was, I wont be returning anytime soon

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jenj77 View Post
    just got back, also not happy...
    not a single flyer in the store.."we're not slated to get flyers"...WTF does that mean??
    oasis juice that was supposed to be .87 is $1.11 but cant prove otherwise cause they dont have flyers..
    wonder if they'd honour the walmart flyer if you brought your own in?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

[QUOTE=anawhatsme;5066421]wonder if they'd honour the walmart flyer if you brought your own in?[/QUOTE

I didnt get any flyers last week or i would have taken it with me, but others might be able to do that?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Sheesh. I hope the Greenwood one isn't that crappy.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I was there yesterday and agree with you, it's a lot like the old Zellers. I was there with my three month old and was disappointed that the automatic doors still don't work. I was greeted with a mouthful of sawdust when I pulled some diapers off the top shelf and the cashier gave me a hard time about trying to use more than one $2 off coupon for Edge shaving cream at one time. She asked for help from another cashier who proceeded to ignore her for five minutes, and then when she finally gave us her attention she just shrugged and said "just put it through".

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pamplemousse View Post
    Sheesh. I hope the Greenwood one isn't that crappy.
    I like our new little Walmart in Greenwood, very nice, and I've used coupons and had no trouble. Very impressed !

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    258 (100%)

Yeah..hubby and I went over today, for the Grand Opening Sale. Uh huh..no sales..no flyers..tiny crowded store. I did get some Patak's on sale..yummy Curried Chickpeas with Spinach and Peas on Quinoa for supper tonight, but otherwise a wasted trip.

Weenie Mom
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

I didn't like it there either. The store felt even smaller than when it was a Zellers. THeir staff was less then friendly. I don't like Walmart much to begin with, but I most likely won't return to that store, if I did feel the need to go.

Thread Information