Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks!

Silk
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Thanks for the early post!
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    112 (100%)

HBC has current promo of double points when using cc outside of HBC stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam786 View Post
    pc master card gives you 10 points for every dollar spent and yes 20,000 pc ponts are redeemable for $20.00 worth of free stuff.And hbc cc gives you double the points if you use hbc card on hbc stores.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Thank you for this post. Wow i just read this whole thread! And I want to make sure of one thing...if I want to buy GCs I CAN use my Royal bank VISA card, right? Just like last year the OP used the TD visa card I believe. Just want to make sure I can use my credit card for this years promo.

I am still wondering is there a limit to the amount of transactions one can do?

And can I do MULTIPLE $150 transactions (if no one is in line behind me of course!)? And these must be seperate $150 transaction to receieve the points right?

I did the math just now - yes at 1:30 in the morning...so i hope this is right.

In order to get 95,000 pts (well 96,000 to be exact) I'd have to do 12 transactions of $150, thats $1800 in total, and that inturn equals to $170 free $$! Or $250 on redemption day!!

And you'd get more points if you bought SDM cards!

One more thing..since this start on Nov 10th (saturday), I can be in the store Friday, at 11:59pm and start my transactions when the clock hits midnight right?
    Last edited by littlebean; Tue, Nov 6th, 2012 at 03:34 AM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Is that 'Member Price' and 'Non-Member Price' thing new? I don't recall seeing it before.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

tytyty..........Thank you very much...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you OP for the great news. I need some points for mega.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks OP!!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean View Post
    Thank you for this post. Wow i just read this whole thread! And I want to make sure of one thing...if I want to buy GCs I CAN use my Royal bank VISA card, right? Just like last year the OP used the TD visa card I believe. Just want to make sure I can use my credit card for this years promo.

Some stores don't allow credit cards to be used ever on gift card purchases; presumably because they have had fraud issues in the past. I used my Shoppers Mastercard last year on many, many transactions and only one store did not allow purchase with any credit card. However, in that store I was trying to do 3 transactions ($450 in GCs) and suspect if I was only doing one they would have allowed cc as payment.

No limit. As Thien posted she did 33 last year, I did a similar amount as did many others with no problem. But I spread my purchases out and only did several at a time where the store staff knew me.

And can I do MULTIPLE $150 transactions (if no one is in line behind me of course!)? And these must be seperate $150 transaction to receieve the points right?

You should be able to but as noted above if staff don't recognize you they may limit how much you purchase using credit card. Even though it should be obvious we're doing it for the BP promo they may see multiple purchases as possible fraud.

In order to get 95,000 pts (well 96,000 to be exact) I'd have to do 12 transactions of $150, thats $1800 in total, and that inturn equals to $170 free $$! Or $250 on redemption day!!

Correct! I bought a lot of gas cards last year; necessary expense so might as well get something out of it.

Correct.

One more thing..since this start on Nov 10th (saturday), I can be in the store Friday, at 11:59pm and start my transactions when the clock hits midnight right?
    Yes, but I found last year there was no shortage of cards throughout the promo (was 2 weeks last year, looks like just one week this year) so I don't see a reason to rush in.
    littlebean likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

tysvm thien you da best
    sharkie likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean View Post

Just my 2 cents, I wouldn't want to do the transaction at midnight though, I heard that SDM register is changed around 2-3 am, so I wouldn't want to do it at midnight, you would still get points but you might end up calling Head Office

Some SDM will not let you buy gift card using any credit card, due to the fact that there were so much fraud for them, you might have to use debit or cash to pay for it. Some of the SDM I know don't let you buy GCs paid by Credit Cards (any CC, included big banks' credit card) are SDM Sherway Garden, Hurontario - Dundas.
    littlebean and queenkathy like this.
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

So if they don't catch the typo (50,000 points for $200) does that mean we can actually do it? With the last typo 9,000 points for Jamieson flu $9.99, I did not not know, and my store did not put up any signs, so they had to manually give me my points.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

so we cannot purchase regular gift cards (ie: tim hortons, home depot...) with a sdm gift card which was purchased outside of this event? I have gift cards here I wanted to use

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jan26 View Post
    so we cannot purchase regular gift cards (ie: tim hortons, home depot...) with a sdm gift card which was purchased outside of this event? I have gift cards here I wanted to use
    Nope. You can use them for taxes if you are participating for mega redemption in a few weeks, though.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jennleeholmes View Post
    So if they don't catch the typo (50,000 points for $200) does that mean we can actually do it? With the last typo 9,000 points for Jamieson flu $9.99, I did not not know, and my store did not put up any signs, so they had to manually give me my points.
    I think that would be frowned upon especially since you know it is a typo
    queenkathy and PurpleBunny89 like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information