Like Tree163Likes

Thread: SDM ON Flyers Nov 10 - 16 -2012, Bonus Redemption and GC Promotion

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Is it just me or is this the first time ever they are charging different prices at the register for SDM optimum card members and non members for certain products.

I am not talking about point redemption , but straight different prices at the cash register if you have or don't have an optimum card .

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

i've never seen it before and not too sure how i feel about it as i am known to forget my optimum card on a regular day
    Tabby40 likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Is it just me or is this the first time ever they are charging different prices at the register for SDM optimum card members and non members for certain products.

I am not talking about point redemption , but straight different prices at the cash register if you have or don't have an optimum card .
    I noticed this too...it kind of looks like a space filler in the flyer. Kind of like 'If you're not an Optimum member, pay our regular insanely high price...if you are a member, pay a slightly reduced price that only brings is slightly closer to everyday price at other retailers'. I'd be more excited if they looked like actual disounts!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    273 (100%)

I called, I can use MBNA shoppers Master card to buy $150 GC.
    Last edited by hcao; Thu, Nov 8th, 2012 at 11:09 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I was wondering if anyone could let me know what the Royale sale for the two days is?

In the QC flyers it's not there. They have kleenex brand for sale instead of royale and I'm quite sure it's not a good a deal.

Thank you

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, it looks like Shoppers is starting to go the Club Sobeys route- 2 prices on certain products-hold the member card, you get the lower price, better offers, stream of info on program. Whoever said membership does not cost?

BTW, all of you do glance from time to time at the Optimum program rules, right? Has the 2016 date changed for the program expiry? Just curious who else is keeping an eye on that fine print.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    She doesn't know because the flyer isn't out yet. I don't know where the OP got hers but this flyer is not yet released to the general public.
    Some people get their flyers earlier in the week than others. That's generally how a lot of people get their flyers that they post. Where I used to live I would get flyers on Thurs evening (if at all)... now I might get my flyers on Tuesday (when the delivery person decides to drop them off LOL).
    Tabby40 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    BTW, all of you do glance from time to time at the Optimum program rules, right? Has the 2016 date changed for the program expiry? Just curious who else is keeping an eye on that fine print.
    It's still saying Dec. 31, 2016, with a redemption deadline of March 2017. Still a few years for it to change though.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

I'd be careful about buying too many gift cards, they might not consider that reasonable household use, and suspend your card folks. BE CAREFUL.
    hcao likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by debragirl31 View Post
    I'd be careful about buying too many gift cards, they might not consider that reasonable household use, and suspend your card folks. BE CAREFUL.
    I'm not sure what they get from the GC companies for each card sold, but the math makes me think that they are less interested in targeting customers who spend a lot of money on GCs.

In order to get 95,000pts (enough for $250 during MR) a customer would have to do approximately 12 transactions, spending $1800 (or $1500 in SDM GCs). Considering that most companies offer promotions during the holiday season to get people to buy their GCs, it's not unreasonable to spend $150 to get $10 in points back.

And it would be difficult to calculate "reasonable household use" on GCs, as it is the holidays, and they are not the same as items for household use.
    momgoneawol and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lealgen View Post
    You would get 15x points. So if you make a purchase of $150, you will get 2,250 points awarded at the end of your billing cycle ... or at least this is how it worked last year
    First I apologize if I'm just plain thick and I'm not getting it. I think it's just one of those days

If I purchased the $150 in SDM gift cards using my Optimum CC, I would get ONLY the 2,250 points? Or those 2,250 points + the 1500 base + 8,000 bonus? Or some other combination of these?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Terry_Lynn; Fri, Nov 9th, 2012 at 02:54 PM.
    VEGAS PILGRIM likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Maybe I am just missing it too .... but spending $1000's of dollars up front on gift cards to essentially save $10 (8000 pts -or roughly 7%) doesn't make a ton of sense to me..... With the exception of the gas cards (if they carry the ones that you use) which I can see ppl using up in a couple of months. I hate having a bunch of gift cards in my wallet that have various left over balances. At this time of year many places offer discounts on gift cards of 10-15% (Itunes, restaurants etc) so there are definitely some better deals out there.

What if you lose them, misplace them etc? I get the idea of spending a few hundred bucks to buy gift cards but definitely don't understand the need/drive to buy as many as some people are discussing. What am I missing?
    costybex and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    Maybe I am just missing it too .... but spending $1000's of dollars up front on gift cards to essentially save $10 (8000 pts -or roughly 7%) doesn't make a ton of sense to me..... With the exception of the gas cards (if they carry the ones that you use) which I can see ppl using up in a couple of months. I hate having a bunch of gift cards in my wallet that have various left over balances. At this time of year many places offer discounts on gift cards of 10-15% (Itunes, restaurants etc) so there are definitely some better deals out there.

What if you lose them, misplace them etc? I get the idea of spending a few hundred bucks to buy gift cards but definitely don't understand the need/drive to buy as many as some people are discussing. What am I missing?
    People buy them for things they use and it means fast points. Those points basically equal free money and there is a ton of variety all in one store.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you spend $1500 in SDM GCs you earn enough (95K points) for $250 on mega redemption day - that is almost 17% return on investment.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information