User Tag List

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree203Likes

Thread: Gc for them and bonus points for you Nov. 10 to Nov. 16, 2012

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rombursuc View Post
    do you have to pay cash or debit in order to get the points? or can you also pay them by credit card?
    I know there are rules against buying credit with credit. (For example, using your Mastercard credit card to buy a prepaid mastercard card.)

I participated last year in this event, and was able to use my credit card on regular gift cards (for restaurants, SDM, stores etc), but had to use a debit card when I bought a prepaid credit card.
    rombursuc likes this.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

If it all works for me I will be participating in this. My dad wants a home depot gift card for xmas, and the better part my brothers and I are chipping in to get it and I get the points ! YAY!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I'm poor I want to do all those super amazing 33 transactions like other brag about because we shop at Home depot year round, as well as fill up with gas (esso cards) DH drinks from Tim's all year and I shop at SDM once a month atleast. That all being said we can't afford to put too much out at once but I am slowly getting DH to agree to more cards.

I will be getting all my cards in SDM card form first. Then two weeks after I've bought them and the points have been awarded I will use those SDM cards to get the other cards. The promo will be over at this time so I won't be trying to "double dip".

So far I've got:

SDM $150 - convert to $150 Home depot X2
    SDM $150 - convert to $150 Esso (hoping DH will agree to get a second one because it so much better rewards then using a silly CT coupon and only getting a few dollars back and he fills up anywhere from $80-$160 a month! My little car only takes $50 or so a month)
    SDM $150 - Keep as SDM for MR taxes
    SDM $150 - convert to 4X $25 Swiss Chalet Cards for Presents and the other $50 to Tims.

So so far we have 5 transactions. I would love to do 6 or 7 and the extra two to be converted to Home Depot and/or Esso but we shall see.

EDIT: I forgot to add that we will be using DH's Visa as he gets rewards. I just have a plain ol' regular boring Visa.
    Last edited by PurpleBunny89; Tue, Nov 6th, 2012 at 04:54 PM.
    Jezebel, Silk and Tabby40 like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

oh but I just don't have enough cash....... Salary comes only after the promo
    Marteli and luckbealady like this.
    Search/Click and win free gift cards! I could really use a friend!!
    Search and Win on swagbucks.com
    Join Superpoints, it's back!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

just in case of no one thought of it......be aware, GCs usually have activation Fees ( around 6$ for a $100 GC).....but no Fees for SDM GCs

forget it, i'm totally wrong......Fees are for Prepaid Credit cards....
    Last edited by Mia001; Tue, Nov 6th, 2012 at 05:10 PM.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Does anyone know if you can use an Esso gift card to buy smokes?
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BuggaBugga View Post
    Does anyone know if you can use an Esso gift card to buy smokes?
    Yes in Esso Station, I use Esso GC to pay for Tim Horton located inside Esso
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I'm poor I want to do all those super amazing 33 transactions like other brag about because we shop at Home depot year round, as well as fill up with gas (esso cards) DH drinks from Tim's all year and I shop at SDM once a month atleast. That all being said we can't afford to put too much out at once but I am slowly getting DH to agree to more cards.

I will be getting all my cards in SDM card form first. Then two weeks after I've bought them and the points have been awarded I will use those SDM cards to get the other cards. The promo will be over at this time so I won't be trying to "double dip".

So far I've got:

SDM $150 - convert to $150 Esso (hoping DH will agree to get a second one because it so much better rewards then using a silly CT coupon and only getting a few dollars back and he fills up anywhere from $80-$160 a month! My little car only takes $50 or so a month)
    SDM $150 - convert to 4X $25 Swiss Chalet Cards for Presents and the other $50 to Tims.

So so far we have 5 transactions. I would love to do 6 or 7 and the extra two to be converted to Home Depot and/or Esso but we shall see.

EDIT: I forgot to add that we will be using DH's Visa as he gets rewards. I just have a plain ol' regular boring Visa.
    Can u buy gift cards with shoppers gift cards or points??
    orange

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

So far I've got:

Great plan

But you need to get yourself a Visa card with rewards! See if your CC company has one you can just trade it in for. That's what I did with my RBC Visa -- traded it in for their new Optimum cc (no fee, not the one w/ bank account ) and I earned 15,000 optimum pts with my first qualifying purchase.

Silk
    Jezebel likes this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    Can u buy gift cards with shoppers gift cards or points??
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Great plan

But you need to get yourself a Visa card with rewards! See if your CC company has one you can just trade it in for. That's what I did with my RBC Visa -- traded it in for their new Optimum cc (no fee, not the one w/ bank account ) and I earned 15,000 optimum pts with my first qualifying purchase.

Silk
    I had to actually allow them to put a hold on $500 in my savings account for 2 years in order to get a credit card otherwise they wouldn't allow me one and nor would any other company. Really made no sense to me because they offered an ex of mine several credit cards from different companies despite the fact that he was unemployed and had terrible credit. But they trusted him and he racked them all up and never paid them back. But me, who has a full time permanent job and they wouldn't give me one. My 2 years is up in January and I will be cancelling it and getting a WM MC rewards card
    Jezebel, Silk and coley3 like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I had to actually allow them to put a hold on $500 in my savings account for 2 years in order to get a credit card otherwise they wouldn't allow me one and nor would any other company. Really made no sense to me because they offered an ex of mine several credit cards from different companies despite the fact that he was unemployed and had terrible credit. But they trusted him and he racked them all up and never paid them back. But me, who has a full time permanent job and they wouldn't give me one. My 2 years is up in January and I will be cancelling it and getting a WM MC rewards card
    Wow, I never heard of a cc putting a hold on $ in a savings account.

There's a WM MC???

Oh, I just Googled it and it's not available in Quebec

Be sure you get the bonus rewards for signing up and I think there's one if you say ok to electronic statements!

Silk
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I didn't participate last year as there was no extra money for this. If I plan I might be able to squeak 1 batch out. 8000 points for me sounds great. When will the points show up? In time for mega redemption?
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    I didn't participate last year as there was no extra money for this. If I plan I might be able to squeak 1 batch out. 8000 points for me sounds great. When will the points show up? In time for mega redemption?
    yes in time for mega redemption I think someone said the 23rd...

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Wow, I never heard of a cc putting a hold on $ in a savings account.

There's a WM MC???

Oh, I just Googled it and it's not available in Quebec

Be sure you get the bonus rewards for signing up and I think there's one if you say ok to electronic statements!

Silk
    Yeah, it was the only option I had unless I signed up for pre-paid cards which I didn't want to do. Luckily we could afford for them to put a hold on $500 at the time but I was hesitant because 2 years is a long time to have $500 (a lot of money!) on hold. But it will be released this January and not a moment too soon as we might need it then. They basically did the hold because they didn't trust me and thought I would be one of "those people" who get a card, go on a shopping spree and never think about it again. Yet I've paid in full every month and never had a problem

The WM MC is the best option for my family and our spending habits. I looked into lots of other cards like SDM, CT, PC, etc and the WM one came out with the most benefits for us. I will sign up for them and get guaranteed before I cancel the other.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Can anyone confirm that iTunes cards qualify for the GC promo? Thanks!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information