User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: When do you turn on the heat?

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Still not on here either, we turned the fireplace on the one chilly day. I think I will cave by Friday. The long range forecast is cold.
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Have put it on the odd time this past month but not on at all this weekend. Some days felt cool but we waited since when we cook dinner it gets so hot and then we were ok! I like it cool for sleeping so was a great weekend with no heat on! ( I just need to snuggle up to my furnace!)

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

As soon as DH isn't paying attention... pretty sure I had the heat going a few days in September already. I'm always an ice block. 19.5 degrees is the lowest I will tolerate in the house most days. We keep it a little lower when we aren't home during the day. DH keeps our house pretty sealed up to keep the heat in during the winter.

Our gas bill has run about $35/month for the last 6 months and I usually it jumps to $100/month for Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar. We are *supposed* to see a 6.7% rate decrease in January, so we shall see what happens.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Put in on about a month ago,we heat with wood and it is a old L'islet furnace.
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Right about now!! lol

Clearance
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

we have had our pellet stove on since mid September but it is set for 20 degrees so it turns off some times, Our fire place upstairs is set for 21 and has been on maybe 4 times, personally I wouldn't mind it cooler but my MIL is 74 and we don't want her getting sick

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

We turn ours on whenever we get cold. We have electric heat in the ceiling (which doesn't make sense as hot air rises!) and live in a top floor apartment so if the lady beneath us has her heat on we generally stay warm for awhile. Seeing as we don't have to pay electric costs we keep it around 23 - 23.5 in here. DH is a wuss puss when it comes to the cold. If we had to pay to heat then I would keep it at 19 at night and 21 during the day.

My sister says she never lets it get below 10 in their home (and she has two little ones too) and I went home and my DH laughed together about it as we'd both be complaining for sure!
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information