User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Welcome to **9**Team

Some of you may have taken a peek at the other groups so you have an idea of what's coming.

Learning as group is terrific -- it's fun to share your enthusiasm about what you find out and ask questions and swap stories.

I'm looking around for a co-facilitator. Any senior interested? PM me.

Our Fabulous Group Members are:

We are all on the learning curve together so please contribute what you've found where you are - things are different regionally, from city to city, and even from store to store.

Here's what I will do for the group:

-I have volunteered to facilitate
    -I'll post up show and tell photos, pictures, answers to questions, videos, slidecasts, interviews, etc. and I invite you to do so too
    -I'll send out a coupon train (no board pass for conductor) -- to be explained when we talk about trains [may take a little longer than the other groups, I need to replenish my stash of coupons]

Here's what I hope you'll do and your fellow team members are expecting:

1. Please participateand share your ideas, opinions, stories, and questions. The idea is that we'll all learn together and hopefully make some coupon buddies along the way. And it's more fun.

2. Do the activities. From time to time, I'll post a question or an activity (let's make your first wish list, all related to Smart Canucks and take just a couple of minutes) etc. I'd like everyone to try to answer and share. I know that our families, friends and self care time comes first, so fit it in when you're able, but please fit it in.

3. Have fun. Feel free to discuss more than couponing. We'd do that if we could meet face to face.

4. Give me, your facilitator, lots of feedback and suggestions. Please.

Okay - let's dive in.

FAQs for Visitors

1. Can visitors (non-group members) post in this thread?
    Answer is in this post.

Is this group full? Yes but no worries see #3

3. When would the next group start?
    Last group was Fall 2011. Not planning to do anymore.

4. How do I sign up for a new group?
    Just send me a message and let me know your town or city and province.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Giving-Small; Thu, Jan 26th, 2012 at 01:21 AM.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

May 31 - Train left station heading towards NicoleLJ

Last edited by Giving-Small; Wed, Jun 1st, 2011 at 01:48 AM.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Train and other info in these reserved spaces

Join Listia to get free Huggies, pampers codes, FPCs using free sign up points: PM me for a tip sheet.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

I have posted a slidecast (slideshow with audio) that show you my coupon "binder", coupon stash, stockpile and some tips on stockpiling just to get started.

You can jump ahead to the particular slides that are of interest and the sound track will skip along accordingly.

Start the slideshow. (16 min)

Your Activities

1. Create a post and introduce yourself a bit (ie. from Kamloops, mom with 2 kids ...)
    2. Share the story behind the Smart Canucks "name/handle" you chose
    3. Tell us how you found out about couponing.
    4. Do you have a pet(s) and if so tell us about them and post a pic if you like ...
    5. Share your thoughts on the tour and whether you think you'll stockpile a little or a lot.

Bonus Question

Anyone have ideas for a great name for Team #9? Please post your idea(s) here and then we'll pick one.

Couponing/Honesty do mix
    Trading Score
    123 (97%)

I guess I am the first one to post. My name is Nicole and I am 35yrs old. I live with my spouse, Doug, who is 41. We live with our 3 fur kids. Sheena (who you can see in my profile picture) who is a White GSD and is also my Medical Alert Dog. So she goes every where with me. She is 7yrs old and awsome. Then there is Zen. He is an 8 month old kitten that we got from a farm. Last but not least is our newest addition. Luna. She is a mix of GSD/Husky and lab. She is only 3 months old and a total sweet heart. I reside in the city of Medicine Hat, Alberta.

As for my handle. I just picked something easy. My first name and the initials of my middle and last name.

I was raised to believe couponing was a waste of time and that the person never really saved money. Man was I wrong. This past winter we had some finacial hardships and had to take a serious look at our spending. I am on disability and my spouse has two part time jobs. I found some coupons for some products I use in the redplum flier that I normal throw out. I used them and was happy to save that money. Then I wondered if there were coupons for other products I use. So I did a search. Found this site and have been hooked ever since. So far couponing, in the 3 months we have been doing it, has saved us a few hundred dollars. Since I am home and enjoy organizing and such I do all the work for it. But my spouse enjoys the reqards. lol

I really enjoyed the tour. As for our stock pile we do plan to do it. When our hard time hit it was so bad we had to go to the food bank. I never want that feeling agian. So we have a spare room we plan to convert to our storage room. We are also looking for a larger freezer as well. So far we only have 2 or 3 extras of about 5-6 products but we are getting better at it and every pay day we get a little more.

The biggest reward we are finding is we are spending less then we ever have on groceries but we are getting way more, eating a lot more healthier and better quality products and using better qulaity products for personal cleanliness and house cleaning as well. It is amazing. Any way that is me in a nut shell.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Welcome Nicole - is white GSD - mean german shephard dog? or ? She looks big and has a happy face.

Couponing/Honesty do mix
    Trading Score
    123 (97%)

Yes. Some say WGSD or White GSD or even White Shepherd. But the GSD means German Shepherd Dog. Her size is right on standard of 65lbs. And she is very happy and vain and is really well known around here. Clerks and managers at businesses know Sheena's name but not mine. And she is always greated by them when she enters a business.
    Last edited by NicoleLJ; Wed, Apr 13th, 2011 at 02:25 AM.

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Hi everyone, my name is Tara, I'm currently a stay at home mom and I live in Surrey, BC with my hubby, 2 kids (6 next weds and 9), two stepboys (17 and 13) and 3 cats. Like a lot of people the recession hit us really hard, my husband has been on and off work share for the last three years making finances really tight. It gets really bad for us around holidays and certain months of the year where birthdays and holidays seem to be clustered together.

I've always kept a bit of a stockpile (buying a case of 12 soups instead one - that kind of idea) but would really love to expand it while lowering our monthly grocery costs. I've used coupons in the past when I see something I'm buying that trip, I've really lucked out since joining and have found some women who were completely willing to trade packages of coupons with me for postage stamps to help me build up more of them.

I've really been enjoying the site and the people that I have made contact with so far. I've learned a lot and am really looking forward to this area to learn more!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

hellooooooooooooo my name is EJ, im 24, yes i live in duncan bc with my partner of 6 years dustin. together we have are 5 cat kids: Millie, Sabastian, Smokey, Kitty and Tommy, also i have my dog who is a wolf/huskie/shep/lab mix (looks like WGSD but creamer color) she is 13 years old, i have had her since she was 10 weeks old.

i love this site so far, and im becoming hooked on coupning and emailing etc. im very excited to learn all these things for this site and couponing, cant wait!! i hope i dont miss anything!!!!! what id love to do is figure out how to post pictures lol!

anyways i really need to get to sleep, but will check back in the morning!! have a great night every1

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello my name is Rebecca, and I live in Halifax, NS.

I like couponing because (if I'm completely honest) I'm absolutely addicted to a great deal...lol. Canadian Tire is one of my favorite hang outs simply because of the 70-80% off deals. The thing that got me into coupons was a "consumer survey" I received in the mail. Instead of throwing it out with the junk mail, I filled it out and returned it. I was very surprised by the Free Product coupons and $3-$4-$5 off coupons. I had never seen coupons for that amount before.

I have 4 kids at home (15-21), a wonderful boyfriend, and a very sweet 13yr old Lab/Border Collie X, whom we rescued 7 yrs ago from being put down.

I really enjoyed the slide show, it was quite helpful in putting some order to things. I don't expect to stockpile much, but would love to super stockpile on certain items. I go through a TON of laundry detergent - I probably do at least 15 loads a week. Every time I turn around, my shampoo bottles are empty, and juice.... I feel like my fridge is a watering hole. I guess alot of the things that I'd like to stockpile are directly related to having 4 teens/young adults. Laundy, hair, and hydration...lol

Nice to meet you all

ETA: One regional difference I have noticed is my tax level @ 15%..... yuck...
    Last edited by rebecca123; Wed, Apr 13th, 2011 at 08:14 AM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hi I'm Grace I'm in Vancouver, BC.I have 9 year old twins a husband and a standard poodle (rescue).
    I've always shopped sales and stocked up so that is not new for me. I have read Amy Dacyzyn The Frugal Zealot and followed many of her tips for years at varrying degrees depending on how life and finances were.

My handle is my online handle and has been for about 10 years...started with some online pg/parenting boards which I still belong too.

I've not used coupons that much in the past because I buy on sale, in bulk, and store brands, I cook mostly from scratch and avoid most processed foods. I also for many years have eliminated how much "product" I use and simplified to some items that are the best value. However my husband has been out of work for almost a year and is beginning his own business so because of our already frugal habits I had to start workign something else to help us out financially. So I think in a moderate way I can make couponing work for me. I intend to focus more on food products and some personal care, cleaning, laundry. I will give away anything I don't use. I will check how much I'm currently paying for the bulk laundry and dish detergent I buy (per load/mL) for example and only use coupons if it brings me below that price. If it's not going to save me money it's not worth fixing what ain't broke!

I have gotten some great deals already in free items. Having the online communities to inspire and share info sure helps.

I have quite a pantry in my basement already and use my freezer (I have a vacuum sealer) for frozen as well as dry goods. I do make a habit out of stocking up when prices are good so now i'm hoping to make my prices better and get some items for free.

Time is an issue. I work shifts and more than full time (taking all the overtime I can get right now) and I do all the cooking, and shopping. So getting to the stores for the deals has been difficult.

I have quite a nice collection of coupons for only 1 month of collecting. I have them organized in a cheap plastic pocket photo album. Works very well!

Looking forward to learning from all of you!
    1. Create a post and introduce yourself a bit (ie. from Kamloops, mom with 2 kids ...)
    2. Share the story behind the Smart Canucks "name/handle" you chose
    3. Tell us how you found out about couponing.
    4. Do you have a pet(s) and if so tell us about them and post a pic if you like ...
    5. Share your thoughts on the tour and whether you think you'll stockpile a little or a lot.
    Last edited by jujubetwins; Thu, Apr 14th, 2011 at 12:41 AM.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Great intros everyone ... wow 15% tax -- is that the Fed and prov combined rebecca123? I have one teenager and I can't keep up -- don't now how you do it. They see food or drink and inhale it I think.

Seems to be a lot of pets in this group .. 5 cats EJEJ that must be fun sometimes.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Meadea - those special days are a challenge when times are tough. If you build your stockpile slowly you can definitely stay within your weekly budget and still add items. And soon you'll have a little more money weekly as you can use the stockpile items. You also have a super opportunity to save by shopping at London Drugs and using multiple coupons on a product (called stacking).

Christmas and birthdays are tough and even when you kids get invited to other parties expectations can be high for what gift you send depending on the circle of friends/families.

If you'd like to have some $$ for presents etc, I'd suggest checking out Swagbucks, www.swagbucks.com. Some people paid for their Christmas presents last year from what they made on Swagbucks (it's a legit site, no spam, phishing, annoying popups in your face ads etc...)

On their site you can earn gift cards with Amazon.ca or Amazon.com or $$ sent to Paypal or redeem for reward stuff. It works best if you're online a fair bit because some of the "points" come at unexpected times. Spend about 15 minutes a day of playing games, using their search engine, answering a poll, to earn a $5 gift card in about a week or so.

If anyone decides to try Swagbucks, love if you used my referral link in my sig below or at least use someone's link from Smart Canucks. We get a little bonus for finding someone new. Here's where the Swaggers hang out on Smart Canucks: Swagbucks Search & Win, Search & Earn, Shop & Earn v2

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

So a bit about me. I live in Saskatoon with my husband, daughter and her partner, son who is 17 and one lovely border collie/blue heeler dog (Maggie) and a "giant size" puppy -- German shephard crossed with Husky maybe.

He's 6 months and more than 50 lbs and belongs to my daughter.

Here's the puppy Roco when we brought him home.

Photo from Flickr

I stumbled upon couponing when I was on sick leave. I had some diaper coupons $3+ and no one wanted them locally on freecycle group and I thought someone has to want these so I searched out coupon groups and found a few but spend most of my time here on Smart Canucks.

If the truth were to be told, I'm better at couponing for donations than for my family. For the past two years I had a major hamper project but I've cut back a ton on what I'll do. Here's a pic of the stockpile built up for the hampers - about 85% was from coupon shoppiing (with the helpful coupon donations from many many SCers).

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

ohhh puppy is adorible!! and im soooo jelous to all your unico products u have stocked!!! i emailed them complimenting them, they replied but said they dont do coupons :-( i have a bunch of dog food coupons that i cant use as honey-bear is 13 and eats a vetrinarian diet... i counted 46$ in dog food coupons, trying to donate them but so far no such luck!! spca only feeds Hills, the pound doesnt want them, i tried 2 other local rescue sites but no replies... im an animal rescuerer if i could aford to use the coupons buy the products then donate them to the food bank i would, but unfortuantly i am not able to do that... money is very tight...
    YES having 5 INDOOR cats can be fun lol, pretty crazy at times too hahaha i forgot to mention the 3 lizzards we have also, every single animal has been rescued.
    ok im gonna finally watch yourslide show!! will check back later!!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information