User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Ok, let's be honest here...

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

With all the talk of Christmas it got me thinking... I know we all "say" we don't want anything for Christmas, but let's be honest... I'll be the first to admit it, I LOVE getting gifts!!!! Who's with me?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

We actually dont make a big deal about Christmas or gifts, we buy stuff as it is needed and give each other 'gifts' throughout the year of I noticed you wanted this so got it
    We both work a lot so usually our gift at Christmas is he takes some time off (I get Christmas off anyway) and we go away for a couple of days and relax together
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Time together is always nice pix I should also say that I love giving gifts as much as I love getting them!!
    hollyquaiscer and vesper like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Since I'm always responsible for shopping for everyone, it would be nice to get something as a SURPRISE. I usually just pick out gifts for myself from my DH and my mom. My sister is big of GC's.

My biggest wish is always to get a nice gift that I'd love as a SURPRIZE. I always go out of my way to think up and search for great gifts because there's nothing better than opening a gift that completely knocks your socks off. Like something that you simply adore that perhaps you wouldn't have thought of yourself. I love seeing people speechless after opening their gift. It doesn't always happen but I do try fairly hard. I'd just love to have that kind of effort returned.

As for as my WL this year: A new camera - A good one! lol. I used to have a real big, good quality, high zoom camera but it died (cost $400 back in the day). I bought a cheap ($70) Kodak waterproof one to replace it and it's not the same. It's great for on the good with the kids but it just doesn't have the quality my old one had. I'm hoping SDM has a good one for around the $250 mark so I can use a mega redemption towards it. lol

Fun thread sheets! Looking forward to see peoples responses. It might give me ideas for the hard to shop for people on my list.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I already know what my Christmas present is this year. I'll be getting plane tickets to fly and see my husband each month. Presents are nice, but seeing my husband every couple of weeks is more important.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I do love receiving gifts! Who doesn't! But I also love to give gifts - love seeing ppls expressions when they open it!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love gifts! I want baked goods and more Nikon lenses!!

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I like giving gifts - I normally do up cookie tins for people so that I don't have to shop anywhere except bulk barn. I've been doing this for about 10 years now and it's my favourite thing to do!

In general, I don't like receiving gifts. My Dad wasn't around a lot when I was small (in a bad marriage and working long hours), so he used to buy us gifts to make up for it instead of just spending more time with me and my sister. A few other family members did this as well; we used to get a lot of birthday cards with $10 inside as kids instead of getting a visit or even a phone call from the family member in question. I have never been able to get over the idea that I am getting gifts instead of people just showing that they care in a non-materialistic way (i.e., being "paid off" in gifts....).

There is one exception: I do appreciate a homemade gift that somebody has taken the time and effort to make themselves - homemade cookies, homemade cards, photos of family, hand-knitted scarves, etc. These show me that they have put effort into doing something just for me. That effort doesn't need to cost much or fulfill any material need of mine, it just shows that they genuinely thought about things that I like/enjoy/can use and did something with me in mind.

And, although I know it makes me sound like a big party pooper, this is my latest rant on gifts:
    In the past three weeks, I got a bunch of gifts for my convocation that turned out to be baby items. This made me really, really sad because it wasn't even stuff *I* wanted or needed or could use on myself (believe me, my personal life isn't enriched by rattles and onesies!), and it just felt like nobody gave a damn that I had spent the past 4 years doing a PhD and instead were only interested in the contents of my uterus.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I love gifts! I want baked goods and more Nikon lenses!!
    Yay for baked goods :D
    Angela273 and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Come on people! I want to see your most wanted wishes! lol. If you got to be greedy for just a minute and shout out your most wanted material gift, what would it be???

I'm totally going to be stalking this thread for ideas. hahahahaha.

If $$$ wasn't an issue, I think I'd faint if DH planned and booked a family vacation - it wouldn't even matter to where! Just knowing that we'd all travel and spend time together WITHOUT me having to stress out from all the planning. I love travelling so that would be the MOST AMAZING GIFT EVER to me.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

I want a freezer this year. Only because I love couponing and stocking up, so when a good sale comes for frozen items, I can't stock up too much on it cuz I don't have enough room in my regular fridge/freezer.

Or a Kitchenaid mixer thingamajig - i love getting stuff for the house because those will get used more as opposed to something personal for myself which just gets stored away.

Howeverrrrrrrr last year, I got a slow cooker and a food processor for Christmas, and they are still sitting in the basement in their boxes. Go figure.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love Christmas, I love my birthday, I love Valentines Day. If I do not get a present on these 3 days, I am heartbroken.
    It does not matter how big or how small, it is that someone was paying attention to me and knows what I love and what can make me happy.
    I am happy with a bunch of weeds from my kids, a sticky note saying I love you....anything. It is the thought that counts and knowing that someone is thinking about me
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I have been asking for a Kitchen Aid stand mixer for years!! I would love some new bedding too... something that didn't come from Value Village would be nice!!

Lola is right, this thread is all about being selfish!

My birthday is right after Christmas so a lot of times I'll get one gift for both... it's not that I don't appreciate the gift but it makes for an awful depressing bday lol

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Every time you receive a gift,,,means you bought one for that person. So, i love opening the gifts, but i hate buying the gift as well.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    I have been asking for a Kitchen Aid stand mixer for years!! I would love some new bedding too... something that didn't come from Value Village would be nice!!

Lola is right, this thread is all about being selfish!

My birthday is right after Christmas so a lot of times I'll get one gift for both... it's not that I don't appreciate the gift but it makes for an awful depressing bday lol

Boooo to a multi purpose gift. Honestly I make a HUGE deal out of birthdays. It's all about it being that person's day. DD's bday is in December (same as Sheets' DS if I remember correctly) and I wont even decorate inside until after her day.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information