User Tag List

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Mega Redemption Cancelled?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Calm down everyone, it was never confirmed and therefore cannot be "cancelled"
    As others have mentioned, there are so many stories flying around, from it being cancelled to it being $300. My local manager also mentioned just yesterday that I must be looking forward to it so I am not all that worried, and if it is - I still can redeem for $200 of free stuff
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jkcouponer View Post
    were not going to believe it beccause we have heard from one person. no one has said anything that has offeneded you in anyway so there is no need for us to apologize, thank you verymuch.
    You may not be seeing moderated posts, and if someone feels offended, perhaps there has been a tone to posts that is offending them. Being new on a site as big as SC can be overwhelming and someone other than this poster started this thread, so it is not just one person.

Quote Originally Posted by seltaeb24 View Post
    Ok folks you don;t have to believe me because I am newbie, some of the comments are not needed. Why don't we have a longtime member on here phone shoppers ask for manager, and they will tell you that they had a conference call yesterday and it is Cancelled............Then you can come back on here and say sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by seltaeb24 View Post
    IMLN why don't you call and ask for manager and they will tell you they were informed yesterday, then come back and say sorry to me......My first day on here and you slam me for no reason, I am just as mad about cancellation as anyone else.
    Calling SDM will do no good because as far as they are concerned, they don't know when ANY promotion is held. I am sure no one means to offend you but SDM changing promotions is a touchy subject recently. However, while I can see how you can feel offended, no one is actually slamming you.

~~~

Again, everyone calm down and discuss this politely please
    Jezebel, harbie, hcao and 4 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Now everyone please follow along with me.

Close your eyes. Open your hands, palms facing the ceiling.

And sing along to Doris Day.....

Que Sera, Sera,
    Whatever will be, will be
    The future's not ours, to see
    Que Sera, Sera
    What will be, will be.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just got off the phone with head office there has not been a cancelation on anything that they know of at this time. That's what I was told ten mins ago
    sharkie likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No one is slamming, sheesh.... we're all just making jokes about the obvious 'friend of a friend of a friend'. It's just funny if you ask me. Just as much funny as when people comment about the 300$ redemptions vs. 134000 point redemptions.

As fallenpixels said, SDM changing promos has been quite a touchy subject, and when everyone is expecting this 'mega redemption' its creating a bunch of anger for nothing. a 250 redemption isn't a 'right', sure, it happened before, but it doesn't need to happen again. For what its worth, would you all cut up your optimum cards if they never had a bonus redemption ever again? Even at the 'measly' 170$ we are all still gaining from the promos. So let's not get all tied up thinking about the mega redemption.

I know its jokes and stuff, but I see threads here about people making lists, losing sleep over this, dreaming about flyers... Like I said before, I am excited to use up for bonus points, but let's not let this take over our lives! so what, we'll get 237 boxes of kleenex instead of 312. Or 3 video games instead of 4, etc.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd hate to be SDM head office now. Answering the same phone call over and over for probably the next hour or so...

I'll start the next rumor: head office is going to change the promo because of all the phone calls - out of spite. (actually, I believe that rumor was actually already started if memory serves me correctly!)

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The correct rumour would be "SDM are cancelling it out of spite for all the money they lost by the greedy people on forums who bought chocolate and wipes than needed for the whole of Canada for 10 years"
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

If it is cancelled, which, of course, i don't want it to be..i at least hope they would have a bonus redemption so i can spend my points. Fingers crossed!!
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Honestly why in the heck are people racing to call HO for a rumour? At some point, there is going to end up being a negative effect due to people racing to call HO at the slightest thing.

We don't even really know if there was a Mega planned for December to begin with, we can only assume based on previous years. We don't know for certain the redemption levels, again, we can only assume based on previous years. And honestly, there is more mis-information provided by the SDM Facebook page and even people that actually work there than should be happening, but it keeps happening.

Attacking others over rumours is really over doing it, and people need to just stop & be patient until we actually see flyers or notices from SDM to confirm anything.
    redfox, Jezebel, scbpooh and 10 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Seeing as the flyers are printed up MONTHS in advance whatever is planned for December 1st will NOT BE CHANGED.

QUIT calling headoffice. They will NOT tell you either way.

All that accomplishes is clogging up the lines for people who have real problems.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    Honestly why in the heck are people racing to call HO for a rumour? At some point, there is going to end up being a negative effect due to people racing to call HO at the slightest thing.

We don't even really know if there was a Mega planned for December to begin with, we can only assume based on previous years. We don't know for certain the redemption levels, again, we can only assume based on previous years. And honestly, there is more mis-information provided by the SDM Facebook page and even people that actually work there than should be happening, but it keeps happening.

Attacking others over rumours is really over doing it, and people need to just stop & be patient until we actually see flyers or notices from SDM to confirm anything.
    Exactly..no matter what people hear from whoever..there will always be rumours until the flyer comes out. People will drive themselves crazy, including myself..lol..Please don't call HO..don't need anything negative to come out of it.
    sharkie likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (75%)

omg I will be devestated and not shop there anymore my mom and I have enough for 4 x $250 and this and all my shopping I have been doing there for this reason alone I dont have the money for xmas gifts otherwise
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

This thread should be taken down!! Poor head office and poor scers having mini heart attacks when seeing the title. I feel sick :s
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I think we should start a pool and see who guesses closest to the actual promo.
    My guess is they will call it a CELEBRATION redemption for $300 for 100K in points for DEC. 1.
    kidsteph and sharkie like this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sulley_baby View Post
    omg I will be devestated and not shop there anymore my mom and I have enough for 4 x $250 and this and all my shopping I have been doing there for this reason alone I dont have the money for xmas gifts otherwise
    Remember cash is your only friend who won't devalue.So if you can shop less at Shoppers you will save money.Cash can be used anywhere to purchase Christmas gifts.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sat, Nov 17th, 2012 at 12:58 PM.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information