User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: SDM in GTA where total before coupons doesn t work

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi......
    I am a sdm points collector since 2 years,I never used massive coupons,mostly do my grocery which I would have to do anyways every week.Yes I combine some items to make up total on which I use coupons.but they make mostly $5-$10 difference.......
    so today just thought that I should share the places... where I tried in past but didnt get 20x pts.The reason was that I used $1 or $2 in coupons after total hit $50.
    one was sdm in eglinton square.
    next one is sdm near danforth/coxwell intersection.....sorry dont know the store no.
    If some one else knows of such store where cash register doesnt give you pts even after total hits $50 plz share .
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by sadybrad; Wed, Nov 7th, 2012 at 10:58 PM.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Hi sadybrad .

Do you think it's possible for you to scan and post several of your receipts before asking folk to jump on a boycotting bandwagon? Maybe there's an explanation for why you didn't get your points and someone here might be able to pinpoint the problem .
    Insane, PurpleBunny89 and sadybrad like this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ohh thats my first post and I think its been misunderstood.I am neither boycotting myself nor asking others.I still go to these locations as clearence is great there.I just wanted to know other S cers experiences if they have gone to those places and used coupons.Did they got pts?
    At the eglinton square location I recieved pts in past while using coupons....but last month on 18,500 pts event when I tried using coupons,cashier said to me,....I am 400 percent sure that you wont get the pts.But I told her politely to go ahead with my transaction as I always do...But to my surprise I really did not get any.
    Sorry cant post reciept as I returned everything right away...that was another long story....rant infact when cashiers treating me like dirt that I m returning bc of pts.....rolling eyes ...etc
    Also abt the danforth location,that incident happened 2 years ago.since then I never tried coupons there again.
    peachies likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

If it was a 20x on $50 and you did not get your 20x I would first check to make sure your Regular Points on your receipt(s) were 500 or more - meaning that you did spend $50 before tax and $ off coupons.

Just a thought .....
    Insane and sadybrad like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

My guess would be that the cashier didn't enter the coupons properly (code 2001).
    The cashier or the cash register can't control if you get the points if everything is entered properly.

You could also call headoffice and have them apply the points since it is in their coupon policy that you can drop below the $50 mark using coupons and still get the points.
    Or maybe print the policy and carry it with you to these stores.
    Insane, PurpleBunny89 and sadybrad like this.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

May it be how they are ringing in the coupons?

Do they do the total, and then subtract the coupons? Or are they subtracting the coupons before the total? (I'm not sure if this makes a difference, just a suggestion).
    sadybrad likes this.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    My guess would be that the cashier didn't enter the coupons properly (code 2001).
    The cashier or the cash register can't control if you get the points if everything is entered properly.

You could also call headoffice and have them apply the points since it is in their coupon policy that you can drop below the $50 mark using coupons and still get the points.
    Or maybe print the policy and carry it with you to these stores.
    +1
    sadybrad likes this.

discounter
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

sdm near danforth/coxwell intersection is one of my favorite SDM, I have never encounter problem with this store on 18500/20x event with coupons.
    sadybrad likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

They probably entered some of your $ OFF cpns ( $ 1.00 off ,$ 2.00 off etc ) as Free product cpns .

The code for $ off cpns is 2001 and for free cpns is 2002.

Make sure the code 2001 is used for your $ OFF cpns and not 2002 , otherwise it won't count towards your $50 total .
    sadybrad likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

did u buy bottled water or pop,, remember the deposit doesnt count
    sadybrad likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by canpip1 View Post
    sdm near danforth/coxwell intersection is one of my favorite SDM, I have never encounter problem with this store on 18500/20x event with coupons.
    Yes ,and to my surprise that is only SDM where I see Dairy land milk 4L gallons.All other SDM only have milk bags.
    If somebody has tried Eglinton Square location ,plz let us know.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Guys I dont know why?????Does this thing happens only with me....
    Today I did 20x shop at RBC plaza sdm,bought 10 nivea bars with other item and total was $ 50.45 before tax.manager was there and very helpful.She didnt object with coupons but told me you wont get the pts.I said its ok..she entered 2001 coupon code and my out of pocket was $25.And again to my surprise I did not get 20x pts.but I got some bonus 1500 pts.
    She told me shoppers is tightening their rules with couponing recently....and same thing happened with some one else too at her store.
    I still think may be its my fault somewhere and registers cant do this...I bought 2 bags too for 10 cents.but total was $50.45 before tax.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sadybrad View Post
    Guys I dont know why?????Does this thing happens only with me....
    Today I did 20x shop at RBC plaza sdm,bought 10 nivea bars with other item and total was $ 50.45 before tax.manager was there and very helpful.She didnt object with coupons but told me you wont get the pts.I said its ok..she entered 2001 coupon code and my out of pocket was $25.And again to my surprise I did not get 20x pts.but I got some bonus 1500 pts.
    She told me shoppers is tightening their rules with couponing recently....and same thing happened with some one else too at her store.
    I still think may be its my fault somewhere and registers cant do this...I bought 2 bags too for 10 cents.but total was $50.45 before tax.
    Could you please post your receipt? We'll look and see!!!

BTW, I was in the same store this morning around 8 lol!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

20x today? Doesn't it start tomorrow?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoobird View Post
    20x today? Doesn't it start tomorrow?
    For SDM Downtown (mostly financial district) 20x and bonus redemptions are always on Friday, as they close on Sat and Sun!
    sasaliu likes this.
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information