User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Help me stay at home for a year with the kids...what would you do?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I don't think you are silly for doing this. There are way to many teenagers hanging around where they have no business. I feel this ismostly due to fact that they have little or no supervision and their parents are not plugged in. I am a SAHM and wouldn't want it any other way. I found a great company where I can set my own hours and work from home. If you would like more information please PM me. Good luck!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I also resent the implication that all working mothers spend money like its going out of style and stuff their kids full of junk food. You've sterotyped a group of people by the actions of a few.

Anisa, you say that you dislike it when women put down SAHM's but in the next sentence you put down working moms. A bit hypocritical, don't you think?

I believe it's a personal choice where to stay at home or to go back to work. If you want to stay home, you make it work and make the sacrifices required to do so. But, it's not always financially fesible. For instance, I've always wanted kids but, because of where I live, I will have to go back to work. But that doesn't mean I will love my kids any less or be any less of a mom.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am taking a prep course so that I can go to University.
    I am currently a SAHM, one day I want to go to University (I have a College education currently).

Anyways, my daughter found my text book for my prep class. She asked why I was taking it, I told her I want to go back to school so I can get a job. She nearly had a breakdown.

She said....but what about my gymnastics? What about her brothers Scouts...what about swimming lessons...what about going to the zoo....what about camping, what about us travelling the world??? What about me being home when she gets home from school to be there for her!

The simple fact is, because I am not committed to a job, I have time to give to my kids to allow them to explore their interests. I am there when they get home if they need to talk, if they get sick, I can pick them up. We have an amazing relationship, and I am able to give them what I never had.

When I was growing up, I never got to go anywhere or do anything. There was never any time. Life was always about work. When I came home, it was to a baby sitter. Then there was dinner, and then it was bed. When I was older, I was alone, then it was dinner, then it was bed.

I realise that some women HAVE to work, but if you do not have to work, then why do they? Make the adjustments in your lifestyle, put your family relationships first....these are the years that matter.
    momof5boys likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information