User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Why do I keep going back to ToysRUs?

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Every time I go there I always ask myself this. Never have any advertised specials in stock. If they do, no one can find them.
    So I went today because I wanted to buy DD a Little Tikes table and chair set for Christmas. So I went to the Little Tikes section of the store. Not there. I went to the back of the store where they have their little couches, toddler beds etc. Not there. Asked 3 people, two of which said they didn't know and and pooh pooh'ed me, the third one finally directed me to the flip book where you take a ticket and go to the till with it. Okay, fine. We also saw a kitchen set that they were blowing out reg $119.99 clearance for $38.80 displayed prominently at the front of the store and grabbed a ticket for that too.
    Get to the till. Two are open, about eight people in line at each. So she rings us up and I thought that they Little Tikes table and chair set were supposed to be on sale, the flyer had said all Little Tikes 25% off. I asked to see a flyer, she told me that she didn't have one. I asked her to find one. She said that there weren't any in the store. Really? I said to her, not a single person who works here has a flyer? She said no. Okaaaaaayyyy..... so I had to look it up on my iPhone, turns out I was mistaken and the small print says toddler furniture excluded. I was fine with that, my error, still wanted the product. Gave her my Air Miles card which she forgot to swipe. She told me to go online to get the Air Miles credited. I asked her online where, the ToysRUs or Airmiles website? She didn't know.
    Now the kitchen set. The stock guy brings up the chair and table set right away. After 15 minutes it becomes apparent that they can't find the kitchen set. They ask me to be patient while they keep looking. My husband is getting really annoyed by this point, looks like he is about to go thermonuclear. Finally after 20 minutes they tell me that they can't find any, and offer me a better one but still at the same price. So I left somewhat pacified but still irritated at the bad service. During the time we were waiting when they knew they didn't have any left, they still left the displayed picture and reduced price tickets up at the front of the store. While we were waiting at customer service 3 other customers wanted to buy one too. Why not just take the display picture away and not disappoint any further customers?
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles, Apple, Toys R Us

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Wow absolutely terrible customer service. Don't blame you if you stop shopping there.

Grooming Grandma
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They don't do the logical thing BECAUSE they can't find people who can use logic that will except minimum wage...

Grooming Grandma
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wouldn't stop shopping there because of poor customer service because they still offer some pretty awesome deals on their stuff. AND if we stopped shopping at places that offered poor customer service we would have NOWHERE too shop...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That sounds like what happens at my store. I work there part-time, that happens all the time.

The only real good thing about TRU is that there's generally a decent selection of sale items and some things go on sale that other stores don't always have on sale, for toys/baby stuff at least.

I work at at mall store, and I would never ever go shop at one though because of super long lineups. The only real tip is to take your purchases to the electronics section, usually shorter lineups unless it's Christmas.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I went Friday and it was a zoo there. Plus they gave me a hassle about price matching from WM then they gave me a hassle for using at coupon. They finally gave in and I did get some good deals. I do agree that they are annoying about the AM. I am pretty sure I still haven`t gotten bonus miles I was supposed to get from a couple weeks ago.
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

ohh i know the feeling i hate that store with a passion... i swear they turn the heat up just to irritate parents..it's warmer then all the other stores in the mall especially by the tills where your forced to stand in long line ups already irritated from dealing with the store then your surrounded by cash grab crap which you then proceed to have to tell your child "no no no no no stop asking no" for the next 10 minutes till you FINALLY can pay for the items and cross your fingers that they don't over charge you! (i bought 4 items.. i was overcharged on two of them!)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I never have shopped in a toys r us, as the closest is an hour away. My daughter is almost 11, so she is getting out of all that stuff so I guess I probably wont ever shop there, lol...not missing much by way of customer service it seems!

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I totally avoid Toys R Us at all costs. I've noticed that a lot of their deals aren't really that great (I'm just looking for infant stuff right now, so maybe it's different for older kids), especially when you can get very high quality used items for less than half of the sale price. I've done some price comparisons amongst a lot of the big retailers and they just seem to not offer very good value-for-money for what I want and need.

If the customer service is that lousy on top of it all, I'll be sure to stay away.

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Toysrus is famous for these stunts. When I was buying my daughter's carseat, I brought the little ticket up, paid, and waited for someone to go get it out back. A guy said he could go look for it (I was thinking damn right you're going to go look, I just paid over $100 for this thing!). Anyways, after 15 minutes the guy still hadn't returned. I asked the cashier if she knew how much longer it would be and she just shrugged. After a few more minutes I could see him helping other customers. At this point I am enraged. I ask her to page him right away. He comes up and says "oh I couldn't find any back there..." So the cashier turns to me and says "he says there is no more back there". And then she turned around and started ringing other people in... I stood there for a few minutes and she was staring at me like I was crazy... Then she was like "Oh! Did you want your money back?"... I just bit my tongue and took a refund.
    momgoneawol and Anna Michele like this.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

toys r us is on my most frustrating store list. so is their website.
    glowworm2k likes this.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I went today, and will be boycotting Toys R Us for the rest of the holidays. Half the stuff advertised in the flyer was not in stock, while a lot of items were not ringing up correctly (the lady in front of me, then mine as well). I made the cashier get the item price-checked (40% off large Megablock Skylander set - darn right!) ... 5 min to find staff... 5 min to find item... 5 min to find manager to correct - then the manager went to price check it herself!! Then the cashier accidentally voided the transaction went she tried to key in my $5 Hasbro game coupons - and it began all over again! Grrrrrr

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

i kinda feel bad for some of the staff there because i can only imagine how nuts-o that place can be around christmas time but i mean c'monnnnnnnnnnn toys r us! its a toy store! be prepared!! i went tonight to find the popstar barbies and the playdoh makin kitchen and the staff were super unfriendly and really wouldnt do much to help me locate some of the toys. *sigh*

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I like Toysrus with airmiles and stuff but they are always trying to scam I find. They are weird with coupons and PM and sales but generally I do like them and do shop there.
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Oh my goodness I hear ya! I've experienced every single thing that you have at Toys R Us/Babies R Us before as well! The customer service there is the worst!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information