User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: Do you collect thing --- other than dustbunnies?

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I too like to collect my own pieces. Thats why my pigs hit the garage sale, all of a sudden I felt over run with them. I was getting them for Christmas, birthdays, heaven...even got one for an anniversary gift from someone!

I like to be a little choosy with my glassware now, so "Please, let me pick out my own!"
    walkonby likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

This is a picture of a bowl I purchased last week. I was so happy to aquire it. Ii only paid $15 and it's in mint condition. NOt a scratch, chip, nick, flake or flaw in the glass

Now, I have to find the smaller serving bowl to go along with it. The nice thing is that this pattern was only reproduced in a pitcher, salt & pepper shakers, a shot glass and a fluted glass so it's a lot easier to collect plates and bowls, you dont have to be worried about not purchasing an original piece.

For anyone that collects this, if you need a bit of help spotting fakes (reproduction pieces) I can offer you a bit of advice. I've read for hours and hours before I ever purchased my first piece, and am so picky that I only have at this point 4 pieces that are mint. The two I purchased yesterday will be resold, I need to pay closer attention when buying an item. I guess I was so excited as she was onlly asking $10 a piece to start with.
    anisa and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I was in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois.

did i get to one thrift store or flea market? nope!

i was so sad, i would have spent so much money! haha
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I collect tea cups. I LOVE tea cups and saucers! I finally have a china cabinet to display them in too!!! I never buy a repeat, I like them all to be different.

But, much to some peoples dismay, I use them. I refuse to have them locked up in the cabinet, not being used, just sitting there looking pretty.... Using them makes me happy! I even have tiny ones for my daughter to use
    anisa, Kitty77, Natalka and 2 others like this.
    My blog : Please join us as we talk about our journey, trials and triumphs with Autism!
    http://rubberduckiesandspoons.blogspot.ca/

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ that's great that you use them.

just because they are delicate doesn't mean they shouldn't be enjoyed
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLaeticia View Post
    I collect tea cups. I LOVE tea cups and saucers! I finally have a china cabinet to display them in too!!! I never buy a repeat, I like them all to be different.

But, much to some peoples dismay, I use them. I refuse to have them locked up in the cabinet, not being used, just sitting there looking pretty.... Using them makes me happy! I even have tiny ones for my daughter to use
    That's awesome! My mom collected them, as well, and we used them for 'teatime' which was every afternoon at 3 p.m.! Her favourite was a beautiful one with red roses on it!

She passed away long ago, and they are still in the china cabinet at the house - which was willed to my younger brother - and he's 41, single, and they are just sitting there! Gah!

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I'm glad you guys approve People are usually like "what if they break?" I don't care if they break, I want to enjoy them! (Well, I care... and I would probably cry... but, at least I got to enjoy it before it broke!)
    anisa, Natalka and hollyquaiscer like this.
    My blog : Please join us as we talk about our journey, trials and triumphs with Autism!
    http://rubberduckiesandspoons.blogspot.ca/

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

mickey mouse
    I have a whole room dedicated to him.
    While I was visiting him in 2004 my hubby had a 4 foot one painted on the wall in his room.
    I try not to collect but when I see something I like I usually get it if it isn't too much to pay.
    I mostly get from garage sales, kijiji or gifts.
    Natalka and hollyquaiscer like this.
    Breyden's, Lizzie's, Alexa's & Danica's Grama
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/[email protected]

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    I collect vintage black and white postcards of my town and surrounding community. They're all 60 to 100+ years old. Here's some of my collection displayed in my home.
    Attachment 148196
    I absolutely love the way you have displayed the post cards. Beautiful. I love old things. If I had the room, there are so many furniture pieces that are sooo cheap down here. Yesterday I saw a beautiful curved glass oak china cabinet. Amazing, I almost fainted when I saw the price. $275, back home it would be well over $1000. I knew I should have listened to dh when he tried to talk me in to buying a toy hauler, we'd have had space for furniture!
    anisa and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLaeticia View Post
    I'm glad you guys approve People are usually like "what if they break?" I don't care if they break, I want to enjoy them! (Well, I care... and I would probably cry... but, at least I got to enjoy it before it broke!)
    I feel that way about my wedding china - keep saying I should use it more other than Christmas and Easter, but I just don't. It seems like such a waste. I had told myself that I would.... it just sits there in the china cabinet, looking so beautiful!

Interesting, though, my son mentioned something just a few weeks ago - he asked if he would get it someday. Thought that was cool since he's 21 - and a man - of course he will, he's our only son.

It's extra special, because it's Ukrainian patterned (kind of like embroidered red flowers - not sure if roses or poppies), and was given to us by my whole family for our wedding.

(this is reminding me that I really should take photos of the set!)
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Got the right thread this time
    I collect souvenir spoons... yes I know it sounds tacky but it started for sentimental reasons.

Back story: My sister and I didn't grow up together and later on her career took her around the world... she started sending me spoons from wherever she was as a reminder that she was thinking about me.... Now when people find out I have a spoon collection they'll often bring me one back. I really dislike the display cabinets meant for those spoons so I recently decided to display them in my kitchen... as you can see from the gaps and empty frames... it's a work in progress
    Name:  myspoons.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  394.2 KB

Attachment 148488
    anisa, Kitty77, Natalka and 3 others like this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I started collecting Classic Pooh items almost 15 years ago. It's mainly only limited to E.H. Shepard illustrations (notecards), stuffed toys, collector edition hardcover versions of the books, and Wedgewood china. Thank goodness the Disney versions have all but taken over as I'm very happy with the size of my little collection. It's quite manageable.

One thing I do regret is that I'm missing the Classic Pooh version of Eeyore. I had a beanie version of Eeyore which I thought at the time was much cuter, but it's not to scale with the rest of them.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

I collect shoes but a close second is weight LOL

Name:  funny-scale.gif
Views: 214
Size:  14.1 KB
    anisa, Natalka, Lynn49 and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oy, coyote!
    hollyquaiscer and coyote00 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

it does make you cry!
    hollyquaiscer and i_forget like this.
    R

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information