User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree442Likes

Thread: Blow the points and blow off SDM

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    After last mega losing my points I cut back alot from shopping at sdm and only did 20x days for stuff we really needed. I missed the chocolate bar deal as none left .
    My sdm gave me a heads up about the lower mega....disappointing but not much we can do. The staff at my store are awesome and the cosmetic manager is ordering in a new fragrance for me Lancome La vie cest belle so I'm happy to get it free instead of paying $95 ekkk!!!
    I'm doing one mega for $210 and mom has $105. Last year would have had $750 between us but I lost $500 worth of points left a sour taste for sure!!

Really sdm should listen to their customers for feedback but guess it falls on deaf ears!!
    Some stores that didn't listen customers are Zellers,Kmart,Eatons,Biway,Everything For A Dollar and Woolco.
    Last edited by Poirot; Tue, Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:54 AM.
    anisa, harbie, BuggaBugga and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

and look where they are, but there are plenty that do not listen who do just fine
    pippinelkhound, Insane and Sarah W like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I am pretty much done with SDM.....they do in fact have shady practices and i do not like it...their prices are not that great....their serviuce for customers is horrible....I have already cashed in my points...
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Well I can wait to see what Target has in store for us couponers .. I hope they have a program as good as SDM .. really I have the RBC points just because I needed an account that can give back to me since I was already paying for a debit card without giving me anything back .. sho the RBC optimus it works for me .. I find shoppers over priced but they do have a great clerance section andwhen they have deal they do have good ones ... I don't shop there as much but I got advantage of few promos
    Happy Shopping !!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I get my prescriptions filled there to get the points but that's pretty much all I do. I might pick up the odd thing here and there while I'm getting my meds. but I don't go out of my way to shop there. I find their prices too much higher than other places.. especially when there's an Extra Foods right next door to the SDM closest to me and I can get the same things for cheaper at EF. I get lots of prescriptions so it does add up quickly, but I definitely don't make a special trip there unless it's to redeem points.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I too only buy things that we use that are regularly priced or on sale and combine with coupons for even better deal and shop on 20x days.
    I don't see SDM doing away with the optimum program as they just joined with RBC to offer the optimum debit and credit cards. They may change it, hopefully not.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazpache View Post
    I get my prescriptions filled there to get the points but that's pretty much all I do. I might pick up the odd thing here and there while I'm getting my meds. but I don't go out of my way to shop there. I find their prices too much higher than other places.. especially when there's an Extra Foods right next door to the SDM closest to me and I can get the same things for cheaper at EF. I get lots of prescriptions so it does add up quickly, but I definitely don't make a special trip there unless it's to redeem points.
    I feel the same way, in that we get our prescriptions there and get the points. For other purchases, SDM is rarely worth the hassle for me anymore. I haven't received flyers in months. I've had to call HO a few times to make my local store adhere to company policy, and to be honest, I just don't get the warm and fuzzies shopping there. I feel like the staff is watching for a reason to refuse my transaction, and I got tired of it some time ago. The local store's clearance section also sucks, so no real reason to shop there. I'm strongly considering a move to Sobeys for Air Miles for prescriptions instead.
    Last edited by Zonny; Tue, Nov 27th, 2012 at 07:47 PM.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    I am pretty much done with SDM.....they do in fact have shady practices and i do not like it...their prices are not that great....their serviuce for customers is horrible....I have already cashed in my points...
    Me too. I will use my points to buy some Xmas cards etc and then will do my business elsewhere. I started going to No Frills close to me and they are coupon friendly and price match plus already saved money. Its not worth the hassle anymore and the stress. Getting points isn't worth it in the long run

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I only really shop there when there's bonus points, my regular purchases are generally bought elsewhere. I'm just trying to get a Vita or Wii U and if the program goes further downhill by then, I'll take my leave.

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

I'm also a little disappointed with Shoppers. This is the only year that I'm able to collect so many points and able to do 3 highest level redemption. I'm was hoping to do a major stockpiling so that I can save money and payoff all our debt beside the mortgage by next spring. I will continue to shop there, but only on promotional day and nothing else. I find that things are really expensive at Shoppers compare to other store.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLincoln View Post
    Stick to the staples.. During $50 20x the points I only get milk, eggs, bread, butter, Pop when it's 3/9.99.. and sale items that are actually a good price. However, it will take you about a year to save up for the points lol BUT.. based on complaints from local managers, according to them they lose money on a lot of food items to get people into the store, they lose more on 20x the points.. So they make nothing apparently when people do that. They rely on people buying $7 shampoo and $10 birthday cards and all the people that don't use optimum. It was worth it when you could combine PBP with Optimum events. But now they are boycotting that, and lowering redemption levels. If you are "spending for points" and buying more expensive things JUST because you need to top off your transaction, and keep in the back of your mind "Oh.. it will pay off later" simply throw the extra few dollars in a jar.
    I agree. I used to chase points but I don't any more. Makes me less stabby when they change the program.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Are people bent outta shape because of the lower Mega redemption level of $210 or some other promo I missed out on?

In any case I think the Optimum program is great but I'm pretty good with basic math and I'd never buy something at SDM if it wasn't on sale and I make sure their sale prices are decent. People are saying they're a rip-off but it's pretty easy to get to $50 buying $1.99 cottage cheese and coffee cream, cheap butter, etc etc. Never, never overpay for something to get to $50! That's crazy. I've skipped many a bonus points day if I didn't need stuff.

I didn't go nuts buying chocolate bars, Dove or Huggies wipes, but I got my piece of all those promos and others. I'll do at least one $210 redemption this year, mostly for groceries so no tax. I haven't been keeping track this year but for 2011 I did about $700 in redemptions and I figure I only spent about $1000 at SDM to get that many points (I just went through my Air Miles MC statements to get a total spent). I considered that good return on my diaper, baby tylenol & dairy dollar.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Seriously folks, just last month they were freaking PAYING people to take baby wipes out the door. I can't complain about redeeming points to buy wipes and getting back more points than I redeemed!

I do pay more attention to Club Sobeys though. My family eats waaaay more groceries than they do baby wipes.

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

i'm back on the fence lol... it is a good reward program, but i'm having serious trust issues with sdm.
    anisa, harbie, redhdlois and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think SDM has taken the fun out of collecting points tho .. seems people are unhappy with them from coast to coast .. I`ve cut way back on extras since last years point fiasco ... saying that .. its still the best program out there.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
    I have nothing to do today and hope to be half done by noon.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information