User Tag List

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree364Likes

Thread: Dec 1-2 Mega/Bonus Redemption shopping lists

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I stocked up on a lot of staple items, some stocking stuffer stuff for the kids and gifts for the teachers. $23.40 OOP... love it! Saved a redemption for another day. (Side note- the regular price for a jar of peanut butter is $7.99?!?!? What are they smoking!?!?!)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (75%)

I havent had a chance to go yet...will there be anything left lol
    torontogal12 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'd say it depends on what's on your list, but after being there for a couple hours this morning, I can see how many things will not be on the shelf tonight and throughout the day tomorrow so maybe it would be better to go today!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamato2boys View Post
    Is it better to redeem today or Sunday?

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

I'm amazed at how much people are redeeming!! How in the world do you accumulate so many points to be able to redeem 5 & 6 times?? That's a whole lotta spending throughout the year! Hopefully everyone was buying things on sale AND with coupons!! Good job on you all!
    I'm not finding a lot to go in after, so I'm going to stick with the "staples." I think I'll do a $70 redemption with:
    Peanut butter, pickles, Kelloggs cereal, tuna, egg nog, zoodles, coconut, eggs, nuts, candy canes for my Christmas baking & stockpile. Maybe a couple bits of makeup for stocking stuffers...This should be about $70 in freebies !!

I refuse to buy things "just because it's free" & will save my points for something I might need down the line.

Happy shopping everyone!
    Last edited by lucy16076; Sat, Dec 1st, 2012 at 11:44 AM.
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lucy16076 View Post
    I'm amazed at how much people are redeeming!! How in the world do you accumulate so many points to be able to redeem 5 & 6 times?? !
    I would say the Gift Card promotion mostly, I got 130,000+ pts from it and I know others have got alot more than me from it. Also when a certain item has bonus pts and it's on sale people buy ALOT of them.
    Last edited by The_Scarecrow; Sat, Dec 1st, 2012 at 11:44 AM.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I used to be shocked too to see the number of redemptions people have but not anymore haha. A lot of people here seem to be buying a large supply of food items like milk/cheese/etc on 20x day and they freeze it. Or baby formula/diapers.

I think a lot of people took advantage of the chocolate and baby wipes promos too.

We don't have kids and don't have the space to stock up on food supplies so don't get too many points this way. Lowly me only had enough for 1 redemption and only because I bought a camera there on 20x day!

I'm amazed at how much people are redeeming!! How in the world do you accumulate so many points to be able to redeem 5 & 6 times?? That's a whole lotta spending throughout the year! Hopefully everyone was buying things on sale!! Good job on you all!
    I'm not finding a lot to go in after, so I'm going to stick with the "staples." I think I'll do a $70 redemption with:
    Peanut butter, pickles, Kelloggs cereal, tuna, egg nog, zoodles, coconut, eggs, nuts, candy canes for my Christmas baking & stockpile. Maybe a couple bits of makeup for stocking stuffers...This should be about $70 in freebies !!

I refuse to buy things "just because it's free" & will save my points for something I might need down the line.

Happy shopping everyone!
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sat, Dec 1st, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I'm amazed at how much people are redeeming!! How in the world do you accumulate so many points to be able to redeem 5 & 6 times?? That's a whole lotta spending throughout the year! Hopefully everyone was buying things on sale!! Good job on you all!

Happy shopping everyone!
    I was able to acquire enough points throughout the year for 6+ redemptions... 2 of which came from buying gc through the year for gasoline. My other four plus(I also did one max redemption this year already) came from buying my regular groceries (that I always buy at SDM because they are cheaper than anyone else for these items) on milk, cream, any sale item on 20x point days only and bonus point coupons...

I spent about $2500 OOP at SDM this year on grocery items that were on SALE. That's only about $200 a month for a family of five and two cats. I can easily spend $50 a week on milk, eggs etc at SDM. It's all about the planning..... I only shop the best sales/gc/20x point events and I use a ton of coupons at SDM. Without a doubt the optimum points program is the best return on investment, if applied properly.

Like you, I am not redeeming a lot this weekend but waiting to use the points on things I need through the lean and mean months of winter.
    OOP: $3844.62 (fuel, food, household, health & beauty)
    Coupons used $901.90
    Average grocery savings percentage: 82.30%
    Gasoline savings percentage: 15.58%
    Accumulated Bonus Value(not yet redeemed): $1032.52

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (75%)

quick question...on my way out to shop!! Can I transfer my mom some points right now for her immediate use today for SR or will there be a time delay?!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sulley_baby View Post
    quick question...on my way out to shop!! Can I transfer my mom some points right now for her immediate use today for SR or will there be a time delay?!
    It should be immediate

It takes me all year to get to 95000 points, so I don't spend a lot of money shopping at SDM - I've only shopped there on 20x events, but I don't participate in many of them either; I also didn't participate in the chocolate bar promo, nor the baby wipes promo (no babies here THANKFULLY and after 4 kids, I can't stand the smell of the things (the wipes, not the kids.. well ok, they are teens now so that's debatable))
    Last edited by KrazE; Sat, Dec 1st, 2012 at 12:27 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Just returned from doing $210 and $105 redemptions. Store was BUSY for 830am!
    Not alot of stock either. They didn't have my #2 item- wii dance 4 so that will have to wait.
    Some of what I got:
    Schick movember kit for Dad -$6.50 coupon
    gummie vitamins for the kids
    BOGO pullups for DS
    B1G1 dentabones for donation/my doggies
    Assassins creed 3 for DH
    assorted chocolates for the bus drivers
    assorted grocery items
    skin tag remover kit for me (gross I know but I always wanted to try it!)

I had a hard time finishing my list because so many things were oos but ended up putting about ten things back in the end because I was over. I had a very patient cashier ( I had over $30 in coupons as well) and a not so patient line behind me.
    We spent two hours in the store! Fun fun fun.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Just returned from doing $210 and $105 redemptions. Store was BUSY for 830am!
    Not alot of stock either. They didn't have my #2 item- wii dance 4 so that will have to wait.
    Some of what I got:
    Schick movember kit for Dad -$6.50 coupon
    gummie vitamins for the kids
    BOGO pullups for DS
    B1G1 dentabones for donation/my doggies
    Assassins creed 3 for DH
    assorted chocolates for the bus drivers
    assorted grocery items
    skin tag remover kit for me (gross I know but I always wanted to try it!)

I had a hard time finishing my list because so many things were oos but ended up putting about ten things back in the end because I was over. I had a very patient cashier ( I had over $30 in coupons as well) and a not so patient line behind me.
    We spent two hours in the store! Fun fun fun.
    Oops forgot to add $7.90 oop for transaction #1 and $21 for transaction #2.

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

WOW! I don't have babies anymore so I miss out on all those promos....can't remember hearing about the choc bar promo. What was that? I do try to remember to buy SDM gift cards for my purchases first. I live on a border town so all gas is typically bought state side (can't beat their prices in Canada), so gas cards don't work...but I will be looking for more reasons to buy gift cards in the future. Wonder if they sell grocery store gift cards at SDM?
    I'm very happy with SDM points & their program! Thanks everyone for tips on how to better use their points program! I'm sure there are those on here wishing as I am, to get the best bang for our buck & this blog right here is one of the best!
    Here's my list if I make it tonight to the event.
    http://worz.ca/sdm/print.php?lid=5dc...6732ac24dd95f5
    Lots of goodies to bake my Christmas desserts and a little makeup for my DD's stocking this year.
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Oh yeah, MAJOR markups on alot of stuff. $9.49 for a bottle of febreeze lol.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2dv8 View Post
    I stocked up on a lot of staple items, some stocking stuffer stuff for the kids and gifts for the teachers. $23.40 OOP... love it! Saved a redemption for another day. (Side note- the regular price for a jar of peanut butter is $7.99?!?!? What are they smoking!?!?!)
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

You mean those febreeze sprays that go on for $2.99? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Oh yeah, MAJOR markups on alot of stuff. $9.49 for a bottle of febreeze lol.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Not the air effects, like the fabric refresher stuff

[QUOTE=torontogal12;5127600]You mean those febreeze sprays that go on for $2.99? LOL[/QUOTE
    torontogal12 likes this.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information