User Tag List

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree384Likes

Thread: Cakes, Cookies and Candies

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Thank you anna michele to put all those easy recepies,my wanted of cooking restarted by looking this,,because when you have all the dry and liquids ingrediants in the pantry,you only need to purchase the fruits or 2-3 things.easy.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

If I can have place in my counter and large one and SPACE to spread myself I would be so happy to bake those goodiesMore fun after by eating some,I am sure I can like all the recepies.
    tasha313 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    in a sealed plastic container what is the conservation time...in piece temperature or refrigerator? It is not indicate at the end of yours recepies,that would be handy to know.Thank you
    Do you mean how to store the baked brownies? Best to store in a sealed container. They start out really moist, but begin to dry out over time. I'm not sure how long the brownies are good for, they never seem to last more than a few days before they are all gone. I store them at room temperature without any problems. I have wrapped individual servings of the brownies in plastic wrap and then put them in freezer bags, and into the freezer. I did this when doing lots of baking for Christmas presents. Not surprisingly, they still dried out some...compared to being fresh.
    I hope I answered your question.

This recipe officially came from Fry's Cocoa. They mailed me the recipe over 12years ago. I recently saw this brownie recipe on their cocoa can in the grocery store.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Sep 19th, 2013 at 12:35 AM.
    cath007 likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yes,it was the question .Thank you for the response.I saw that brand too at my grocery yesterday(fry's cocoa)
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Sep 19th, 2013 at 08:01 AM.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Mini Caramel Apple Bites

Supplies needed:
    Apples
    melted caramel
    toothpicks
    melon baller
    water with lemon juice in it

http://www.thedatingdivas.com/romant...-outside-date/

JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

http://sugarkissed.net/how-to-make-cake-pops/#_a5y_p=618981

Cake Pop Supplies

To make cake pops, you will need:
    - A box cake mix and ingredients to make the cake
    - A can of frosting
    - Candy melts
    - Lollipop sticks
    - A styrofoam block or cake pop stand
    How to Make Cake Balls

To create cake pops, you need to start by making cake balls that you will later apply to lollipop sticks. The easiest way to make cake balls is to follow the directions on a box of cake mix. I usually deviate from the directions in one way, I use half the amount of oil. This helps create the right consistency for your cake balls. If you are not a fan of boxed cake mix, you can also bake a homemade cake (more power to you!).
    After you bake your cake, let it cool completely and… get ready for destruction! Your goal is to crumble your cake into fine crumbs. You can do this one of two ways: 1) Use your hands. Put chunks of your cake into a large mixing bowl and use your hands to crumble it into a pile of fine crumbs. If you use this method, I suggest cutting off the hard edges of your baked cake. 2) Use a food processor. Put chunks of your cake into a food processor and pulse it into fine crumbs. Move the crumbs into a large mixing bowl. Add a small amount of frosting to your cake crumbs and thoroughly combine using your hands. Continue to add small amounts of frosting until your crumb mixture becomes the consistency of clay. Helpful Hint: Some cake pop recipes call for you to add an entire container of frosting. I have found that this is way too much. I generally add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of frosting. A good rule of thumb is to start with a small amount and then add more frosting as needed.
    Once you have created your “dough”, you can begin rolling your cake balls. To portion out my cake mixture so that all my cake balls are the same size, about 1.25″. Roll the mixture in the palm of your hand to create round cake balls. Set your cake balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet or plate and put them in the freezer or refrigerator. If you have time, keep the cake balls in the fridge for a few hours until chilled. If this just doesn’t fit into your busy schedule, about 15 to 20 minutes in the freezer will do the trick. Do keep in mind that making cake pops is a temperature sensitive process. Putting cake balls in the freezer may make them too cold for dipping, so you will need to let them sit for a few minutes after removing them.
    How To Turn Your Cake Balls Into Cake Pops

Helpful Hint: For the next few steps, work with just a handful of cake balls at a time, rotating them in and out of the fridge. This will ensure that you always have chilled cake balls ready to go. This is where it comes in handy to have a few petite cake pop stands to rotate around!
    Microwave your candy melts in a bowl on low power for 30-seconds at a time. Stop and stir after each 30-second interval then repeat until the coating is completely melted. Do not overheat the candy melts or your coating will become lumpy. If the coating is too thick, add a small amount of vegetable oil to thin it out. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into the melted coating and then into a cake ball, gently pushing until the stick is about half way through the cake ball. Set your cake pops in the fridge to chill for dipping. (You can also turn your cake pop upright and set it in your styrofoam block or cake pop stand.)
    Dip each chilled cake pop straight down into the melted coating until the cake ball is completely covered and sealed. If you need to angle the cake pop, gently tilt it in one direction and then another. Resist the temptation to stir the coating with the cake pop. If you do, your cake pop may fall off of the stick into a candy coating abyss. Remove the cake pop from the melted coating by pulling it straight up. Then, turn the cake pop at an angle and gently tap off any excess coating. Don’t get fancy, keep it simple. Helpful Hint: A tall narrow bowl works best for dipping cake pops. Keeping the coating warm throughout the entire dipping process is key to having a smooth coating on your cake pops. To avoid having to repeatedly reheat your coating, a chocolate melting pot is a great tool. Set your cake pops in your styrofoam block or cake pop stand until the coating has hardened. Or while the coating is still wet use sprinkles, candies, or sugars to decorate your cake pops.
    How To Make Cake Pops
    sugarkissed.net Ingredients and Supplies
    - A box cake mix and ingredients to make the cake
    - A can of frosting
    - Candy melts
    - Lollipop sticks
    - A styrofoam block or cake pop stand Directions
    1. Follow the directions on a box of cake mix with one exception: use only half the amount of oil.
    2. Let the baked cake cool completely. Then, crumble the cake into fine crumbs using your hands or a food processor.
    3. Add a small amount of frosting to your cake crumbs and thoroughly combine using your hands. Continue to add small amounts of frosting until your crumb mixture becomes the consistency of clay.
    4. Roll the cake mixture into balls about 1.25″ wide.
    5. Set your cake balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet or plate and put them in the freezer or refrigerator until chilled.
    6. Microwave your candy melts in a bowl on low power for 30-seconds at a time. Stop and stir after each 30-second interval then repeat until the coating is completely melted.
    7. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into the melted coating and then into a cake ball, gently pushing until the stick is about half way through the cake ball. Turn your cake pop upright and set it in your styrofoam block or cake pop stand.
    8. Set the cake pops in the fridge to chill for dipping.
    9. Dip each chilled cake pop straight down into the melted coating until the cake ball is completely covered and sealed. Remove the cake pop from the melted coating by pulling it straight up. Then, turn the cake pop at an angle and gently tap off any excess coating. Turn the cake pop upright.
    10. Set your cake pops in your styrofoam block or cake pop stand until the coating has hardened. Or while the coating is still wet use sprinkles, candies, or sugars to decorate your cake pops.
    tasha313 likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

ty shawlightning
    Butterscotch Drops

1 1/2 cups sugar

1/2 cup of margarine

2/3 cup of evaporated milk

1 cup butterscotch chips

1/2 cup coconut

3 1/2 cups oats

Combine sugar, margarine and evaporated milk in pot and bring to boil.

Boil 1 minute stirring constantly.

Remove from heat and add butterscotch chips.

Stir till smooth.

Add coconut, stir and then add the oats. Mix well.

Drop onto wax paper.

Chill till firm.

Store in fridge.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 egg
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 cups whole wheat flour
    1 cup oats
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 tsp allspice
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 cup pumkin puree
    1 cup chocolate chips

Method
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together until fluffy and light. Add egg and vanilla and mix again.
    In a second bowl, combine flour oats, baking soda and spices. Add the dry to wet and mix until it just combines. Blend in the pumpkin puree. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Drop 1 Tbsp of cookie batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet with about 1 to 2 inches between cookies. Bake for about 12 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.
    - See more at: http://www.sweetpotatochronicles.com....a7jzT6Lc.dpuf
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Nuts and Seeds Granola Bars
    1 tablespoon grape seed oil, plus extra for pan
    1 1/2 cups whole oats
    1/4 cup pistachio pieces
    1/4 cup currants
    1/4 cup dried cherries
    1/4 cup shaved, unsweetened coconut
    1/4 sunflower seeds
    1/4 cup dried cranberries
    1/2 cup honey
    1/4 natural creamy peanut butter
    1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Method
    Preheat oven to 325.
    Using an 8×8 inch pan greased with oil, place parchment paper down leaving excess on the sides to lift the parchment out.
    In a large bowl, mix oats, pistachio, currants, coconut, dried cherries, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries.
    In a saucepan over medium heat, mix oil, honey and peanut butter until blended and warm. Pour peanut butter mixture over oat, seed and nut mix and stir until blended. Using moist hands, place oats into prepared pan. Mould and flatten mix into pan.
    Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until oats are golden brown. Remove and allow to cool. Lift parchment from pan and then slice into bars. Store in an airtight container.
    I used peanut butter for this recipe but you can use your favourite nut butter including almond and sunflower.

I did substitute the peanut butter for the plane. You never know who your neighbour is. And I let Scarlett eat them this time.

- See more at: http://www.sweetpotatochronicles.com....aRQMdP2s.dpuf
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Momof3girlies likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Chocolate-pretzel granola bar

HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 1/4 cups quick oats, stirring often, until browned, 4 to 5 min. Set aside.
    STIR 1/4 cup each unsalted butter, creamed honey and packed brown sugar in a large saucepan set over medium-high. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in oats, 3/4 cup each puffed-rice cereal and chopped pretzels, and 2 tbsp flax seeds until combined.

SCRAPE into a greased 8×8-in. baking dish. Smooth top, then sprinkle with 1/3 cup chocolate chips. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 min. Cut into bars. Let stand at room temperature 5 min before serving. Keeps well, refrigerated in a resealable plastic bag, up to 1 week.
    MAKES 18 bars | Great source of Fibre.
    Variations

Gingerbread granola bars
    SPRAY an 8×8-in. baking dish lightly with oil. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 1/4 cups quick oats and 1/2 cup chopped pecans, stirring often, until browned, 4 to 5 min. Set aside.
    COMBINE 1/4 cup each unsalted butter, creamed honey and packed brown sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground ginger and a 1/8 tsp cloves in a large saucepan over medium-high. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in oat mixture, 1 cup puffed rice cereal, 1/4 cup finely chopped candied ginger and 2 tbsp flax seeds until combined.
    SCRAPE into prepared dish and smooth top with a spatula. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 min. Cut into bars. Keeps well refrigerated in a resealable plastic bag for up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature for 5 min before serving.
    MAKES 18 bars

Blueberry-cinnamon granola bars
    COVER 1/4 cup dried blueberries with warm water in a small bowl for 5 min. Drain and pat dry with paper towel. Spray an 8×8-in. baking dish lightly with oil.
    HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 1/4 cups quick oats and 1/2 cup sliced almonds, stirring often, until browned, 4 to 5 min. Set aside.
    COMBINE 1/4 cup each unsalted butter, creamed honey and packed brown sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon in a large saucepan over medium-high. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in oat mixture, 1 cup puffed rice cereal, blueberries and 2 tbsp flax seeds until combined.
    SCRAPE into prepared dish and smooth top with a spatula. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 min. Cut into bars. Keeps well refrigerated in a resealable plastic bag for up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature for 5 min before serving.
    MAKES 18 bars

Gorp granola bars
    COVER 1/4 raisins with warm water in a small bowl for 5 min. Drain and pat dry with paper towel. Spray an 8×8-in. baking dish lightly with oil.
    HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 1/4 cups quick oats and 1/2 cup chopped, salted peanuts, stirring often, until browned, 4 to 5 min. Set aside.
    COMBINE 1/4 cup each unsalted butter, creamed honey and packed brown sugar in a large saucepan over medium-high. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in oat mixture, 1 cup puffed rice cereal, raisins and 2 tbsp flax seeds until combined.
    SCRAPE into prepared dish, then sprinkle 1/3 cup m&m’s evenly overtop. Smooth top with a spatula. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 min. Cut into bars. Keeps well refrigerated in a resealable plastic bag for up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature for 5 min before serving.
    MAKES 18 bars

Dark chocolate-cherry granola bars
    COVER 1/4 cup finely chopped dried cherries with warm water in a small bowl for 5 min. Drain and pat dry with paper towel. Spray an 8×8-in. baking dish lightly with oil.
    HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 1/4 cups quick oats and 1/2 cup sliced almonds, stirring often, until browned, 4 to 5 min. Set aside.
    COMBINE 1/4 cup each unsalted butter, creamed honey and packed brown sugar in a large saucepan over medium-high. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in oat mixture, 1 cup puffed rice cereal, cherries and 2 tbsp flax seeds until combined.
    SCRAPE into prepared dish, then sprinkle 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips evenly overtop. Smooth top with a spatula. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 min. Cut into bars. Keeps well refrigerated in a resealable plastic bag for up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature for 5 min before serving.
    MAKES 18 bars
    Momof3girlies likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Chocolate Turtle Cookies - from super807

Ingredients
    · 1 cup all-purpose flour
    · 1/3 cup cocoa powder
    · 1/4 teaspoon salt
    · ½ cup butter, softened
    · 2/3 cup sugar
    · 1 large egg, separated, plus 1 egg white
    · 2 tablespoons milk
    · 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    · 1 1/4 cups pecans, finely chopped
    · 14 soft caramel candies (I like to use Kraft caramels)
    · 3 tablespoons heavy cream (can use evaporated milk instead of cream)

Directions

Dough Preparation

• Combine flour, cocoa, and salt in a small bowl.
    • In a larger bowl, use electric mixer on medium-high speed, and beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. (If don’t have electric mixer, this can be done by hand.)
    • Add egg yolk, milk, and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixutre and beat until incorporated.
    • Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture until just combined.
    • Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, 1 hour.

Baking

• Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
    • Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
    • Whisk egg whites in bowl until frothy. Place finely chopped pecans in another bowl.
    • Roll dough into 1-inch balls, dip in egg whites, then roll in pecans. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
    • Using the 1 teaspoon measure, make indentation in center of each ball.
    • Bake until set, about 12 minutes, switching and rotating sheets halfway through baking.
    • Microwave caramels and cream (or evaporated milk) in bowl, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
    • Once cookies are removed from oven, gently re-press existing indentations. Fill each cookie with 1/2 teaspoon caramel mixture.
    • Cool 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
    • Try not to devour them all at once.

Makes 2 ½ dozen cookies.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Salted Caramel Blondies
    Ingredients

• ¾ cup butter, room temperature
    • 1 cup brown sugar
    • 2 eggs
    • 2 tsp. vanilla
    • 2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 tsp. baking soda
    • 21 caramels (I like to use Kraft caramels), unwrapped
    • 1/3 cup evaporated milk
    • Pinch of sea salt or coarse salt

Directions

• Heat oven to 350 F.
    • Line two 9”x 9” baking pans with parchment paper. You need to use two pans rather than one larger pan as one will be for the bottom layer, and one for the top. Set pans aside.
    • In a bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well.
    • In a second bowl, mix flour and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture, and mix until just combined. Over mixing will make the batter tough.
    • Spread half the batter in the bottom of one prepared pan and half in the other pan.
    • Bake for 8 minutes. Removed pans from oven, but leave the oven on.
    • Now make the filling. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the caramels and the evaporated milk. Heat for 60 to 90 seconds in microwave oven, stirring occasionally, until completely melted and combined.
    • Pour caramel mixture over one of the partially baked layers.
    • Sprinkle caramel layer with sea salt.
    • Take the second partially baked layer from its pan. You can choose to crumble it over top of the caramel layer, or you can just place it whole over top of the caramel layer.
    • You now have one pan with a partially baked bottom layer, melted caramel and a partially baked top layer.
    • Return the pan to the oven, and bake for an additional 20 to 22 minutes.
    • As soon as you removed the blondies from the oven, sprinkle a pinch of salt on top.
    • Let cool completely before cutting into squares.

http://thisnortherngirl.wordpress.co...amel-blondies/
    aka super807
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

☆•♥• Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Bark Recipe! •♥•☆
    http://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com/2...hocolate-bark/
    Season 40 Winners At War