User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: You make me hate Christmas

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Am I the only one that is not a fan of Christmas? I know you are probably thinking what kind of person is she that she doesn't like Christmas?

Years ago I used to love Christmas. LOVED it. Fast forward about 15 years. I started working part time in retail (kids were grown and I was bored at home). Part time turned to full time with several promotions in a short period of time.

I love my job and all the people I work with. What I don't love is the self righteous bleep bleep bleep customers that think they are entitled to anything and everything. I know the motto is "the customer is always right" but I DISAGREE 99% of the time the customer is WRONG. They just don't want to hear that they are wrong.

Today was just one of those days. I think the majority of customers I encountered today took a grumpy pill. Customers fighting in the line up as to who was in line first. Customers cussing under their breath because we don't have something they wanted. I get it your upset and trust me I HATE that we do not have what you are looking for in stock. I know it's frustrating but do you really think it's MY fault we don't have it? Oh wait, of course you do. You just told me it was

Just really rude customers in general and days like today it makes me really hate Christmas. People forget the real reason for the Christmas season and that's so unfortunate.

Some days I wish it was acceptable to tell customers off. Oh do I have a few that would hear me roar.

LOL On the bright side 23 days til it's all over and 40 til my vacation with hubby
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh, I am so with you some days. I work in pharmacy and I swear we deal with the stupidest people ever. I'm sorry, not meaning to offend anybody, but my goodness....I have to come home and reenact the interactions with customers so I can say what I really wanted to say at the time. When I was growing up, everyone was so polite and friendly to each other during business transactions. What happended???

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I know how you feel i worked retail for 16 years and Christmas was some of the worst.I'm not a big fan of Christmas but that was because my mom died 2 days before christmas,if it wasn't for my 3 granddaughters it would just be another day
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your mom, YOU AND ME. It's nice that you have your granddaughters to help you celebrate.
    ticul and lghend like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

retail killed christmas for me years ago.. don't worry, you're not the only one

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I worked in customer service for ages & I have to agree people seem to be getting ruder & more demanding than ever.When you apologise on behalf of the company they dont accept it & blame you anyway & still rant & rave no matter how you try to help.So sad to hear about your Mom passing 2 days before Xmas you& me that makes it much harder to bear every year.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

People are the worst at Christmas. End of story.

The problem is that there's so much choice in where to shop now, that management LET customers walk all over store clerks and yell at them for stupid reasons.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I worked at Timmies in college.
    There were so many nasty people there on a daily basis that one day I just said f*ck it and told off some guy that was being an a$$hole, then I walked out.
    People are jerks, and I am not going to be surrounded by that.....mean people suck.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I have mixed feelings about customers. After reading the previous posts, I kind of think that people should treat each other with respect. I'm not saying let people walk all over you, but I've often found that people calm down when the person they are dealing with is calm (either that, or they get more obnoxious because you're not fighting with them). I try to treat people the way I want to be treated. Admittedly I have gotten upset when a store doesn't have something in stock, but in the end it's not the cashiers' fault. I try to stay calm and ask if I can order it online or when they might have more in stock. I often find that instead of a reasonable answer, the person helping me rolls their eyes, walks away from me, or treats me poorly by saying in a sarcastic tone that they have no idea when it's coming in. In my mind I haven't been rude or mean, I've just asked a question. Why the sarcasm and rudeness in return. Whether it's Christmas or not, just treat others the way you want to be treated.
    lecale, erin9mmm, ticul and 6 others like this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

i work retail, i actually enjoy it, and i've only really told off a customer once.

This is how it went down, we have this really cheap regular who would visit Michaels (where I used to work) at least once or twice a week, and would come in with a stack of 40 or 50% off one item coupons.
    Now these coupons were for 1 item, 1 coupon per customer, PER DAY.
    Everytime I would tell the lady , im sorry but the policy is 1 coupon per person per day.
    and everytime shed beg me to let her use more than 1, and i would say no because that's abusing the system.
    anyway
    so one day she apparently had enough of me telling her no and said to me.'' oh your so mean! why are you so mean? i shop here all the time, everyone else lets me do it , blah blah''
    and i finally had enough,
    I said, ''listen, i tell you EVERY SINGLE TIME you come in that you can only use one, do you honestly think i'm going to just forget that your always trying to abuse the discount system? Honestly tell me how on earth you think this company would make any money if they let people like you use as many 50% coupons as you wanted ? we offer the coupons as a way to bring you into the store, please stop abusing them!''
    and she just kept mumbling how I was mean, and she spends her money here so she should be able to use as many coupons as she wants.
    i walked away from her, i bet shes glad I don't work there anymore lol

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I work in customer service and it's the worst. I have a lot of patience with people because I know that in my line of work what is said isn't personal and they are frustrated with their own circumstances and take it out on me. I've been called probably every bad name you can think of and people are incredibly rude. It's made me see the worst in people and now can't abide being among crowds. I try not to let it affect me but of course how can you not?

I feel for anyone in retail. I couldn't do that job and be calm. Customers make me appreciate my cat so much more and she gets extra snuggles lol
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I always try to be extra patient and nice to cashiers/retail workers at Christmas. I get agitated just being in the store with a ton of people, so I can only imagine how awful it is to work there. And of course everyone is in a hurry.

I never shop when I'm in a hurry, and if there's a mistake, I try my best to make sure it's not my mistake first.

So hopefully when you're not at work you can still find a chance to enjoy Christmas! (Because I find it to be the most peaceful time of the year....if you ignore all the scrooges )
    GoJays, ticul, SavenRaven and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I worked at Wal-Mart in high school. Most days were fine, but there were two incidents I will NEVER forget. The only people that would flip out on me usually were ones when I caught stolen/counterfeit credit cards and money. One fake $100 bill was pretty believable.. quite personally, I think the supervisor that was on was in on the whole thing to be honest, because she came to inspect the bill and said it was fine, but the way she talked with the customer made it seem like she knew her almost. Anyway, a woman bought a $5 item with $100 bill. After much debate on if it was real or fake, I ripped it in half to show the both of them it was fake (Fake money rips like paper, real money does not) It was a newer fake $100 and you could not see the face through it, but the supervisor was trying to convince me I was blind.. psht.

A girl put a few cases of pop on the belt, I told her I was just in a car accident and cannot lift them, so I scanned them with the hand scanner and said she could put it back into her cart. She started flipping on me because I wouldn't lift it up and put it to the left of me where the bagged groceries go. I told her I couldn't lift it, she proceeded to be a very rude person, so I picked up one and threw it onto the table. She finally shut up and put the cases back into her cart. She told me she'd complain, I told her to go ahead. My manager was just thankful I even came into work after being in an accident and hurting and agreed the woman was an idiot.

Another time an old man didn't like the price of the large cans of Campbells soup, so he threw one at me.
    GoJays, ticul, wolfwoman and 2 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I have worked retail for many years and have always treated all my customers with respect. I was always happy even when they were yelling at me for some stupid reason (like not having their size in stock). There were a few customers that I would have loved to have told off, but always refrained of course. LOL. I do like when customers stand up to other rude customers. My mother loves to go shopping on Christmas Eve. She is finished her shopping, but always loved to go to pick up some odds and ends. It was her escape from us as kids and she just kept up the tradition. Anyway, there was this man in front of her being rude and complaining, etc... My mother looked at him and told him that it wasn't the stores fault that he left his shopping to the last minute. Their workers wanted to be home to spend the day with their families as well, but they were working as fast as they could. She then asked if he was going to let a few long lines ruin his Christmas. The guy looked at my mother and thanked her and wished her a Merry Christmas. I always wished there were more customers like that although, I am not sure that will work today.
    GoJays, coupon girl, ticul and 1 others like this.
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    LOL On the bright side 23 days til it's all over and 40 til my vacation with hubby
    I hope you have a good vacation.

As a customer, I get the Christmas grinches starting in the store parking lot. They will run you over as you walk from the parking lot to the store. They will smash into your cart and keep going as if you are invisible. They will race you to the cashier as if they are in a hurry and then send someone back for more items, making you wait.

This could be why they turn into Christmas grinches by the time you see them.

I am glad I am on SC because we don't have much Christmas shopping left to do. We've been shopping the great deals, calmly, throughout the year.
    GoJays, YOU AND ME, ticul and 3 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information