User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Abusing Similac cheques

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Silly girls...they will get caught and possibly charged...not the brightest plan!
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

These are cheques with the limitations to be used toward formula. They are entered in as a payment to the retailer instead of dollar's off. Retailers have to verify them. Banks would too and would probably laugh at you if you took one in there. If the ATM could spit it back out I am sure it would.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

don't believe everything you overhear (!)....I know lots of young people who keep up a running repartee of sarcasm, inside jokes and grandiose stories to amuse themselves, especially when they are aware they have an audience listening in.
    newbiesaver and Granger like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I don't believe it either. Those cheques would not be accepted by a bank ... I do however believe that "they" sell them on kijiji. My son is on similac and I have bought sample cans from people on kijiji.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Last time I was at SDM they had a massive sign by both cash registers instructing cashiers that they were NOT coupons and not to be entered as coupons but to be entered as cheques ... or something to that affect. I can't remember exactly what it said but I do remember the bit about them not being coupons and that they were actual cheques to be deposited to a bank. What do i know, I never use the things, I trade them.

I signed up for it and I only ever got a one time "cheque" for $5. I traded it. Now I get them from another girl who lives local and I re-trade them.
    My work has told the cashiers the same thing. They have to be entered as cheques, since that is how the transaction # gets printed onto them.

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

I was a cash supervisor at Zellers for a few years. Similac cheques are ACTUAL cheques and are processed through the cash register and in the cash offices as any cheque would be. It was always my assumption that Abott Nutrition did this because it'd be so much easier to refund the companies this way. I do believe that a bank is only supposed to cash it to retailer who carry Similac though...

Trading Score
    171 (100%)

I imagine these girls were just trying to sound "cool" (not saying this is cool, but they might think that), or get a rise out of their friends. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over this.
    newbiesaver likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by charlotte1983 View Post
    I don't believe it either. Those cheques would not be accepted by a bank ... I do however believe that "they" sell them on kijiji. My son is on similac and I have bought sample cans from people on kijiji.
    Sell them?! Wow thats not very nice! I donated mine to the food bank because surely those little cans aren't worth that much. What do they make like 3-5 bottles worth?
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Sell them?! Wow thats not very nice! I donated mine to the food bank because surely those little cans aren't worth that much. What do they make like 3-5 bottles worth?
    I buy the sample cans of goodstart on kijji all the time. I know they're about the same size as the similac ones. They're 340g, which is half of a regular size powder can you'd buy. It does me 3 days if we're reeeeeally lucky, which would be about 12 bottles.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Yes, do a random kijiji or craigslist search for formula. You will see tons of sample cans from multiple brands (here in the GTA anyways). Prices range from $6 tot $10 per can (in my experience) ... Sometimes it did end up cheaper than buying in store and using a coupon, so I bought them. Mind you, most of the people selling sample cans almost always have more than 1 can to sell, so you have to wonder where they get them.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

i always just put mine on kijiji for free when i got samples cans of brands i didnt use, i know theres a girl in my city who sells the similac full size cans for 20$ HOWEVER theyre from the states I called similac to find out if theres a difference in the ingredients from the usa and canada, and she said yes there is a difference.. so ive always just used cheque+ coupon, and i save a good amount.

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

i too seen on my local kijiji. someone selling similac coupons 5 for $15 or 20 for $60 and they will trow in a can of similac (sample can) for someone who needed similac coupons/checks before i had 2 kids drinking similac sensitive formula i was going threw a large can every 2 days a average 25 to 28 dollars a can. coupons helped me out, but when i see someone take all coupons from doctors office and try to sell them. that upsets me. I know a lot of couponers here in regina that abused them. One was a person i showed couponing too.Im no longer friends with. She abuse coupons a LD, also she would clear shelves made me sick, and would make you too, if i told u what she did. of course i couldnt do that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information