User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By juliedianne
  • 1 Post By Patty Smyth

Thread: Ugh walmart...

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

First time rant but I really needed to let this out.

I thought Walmart price matched anything as long as it has the item description and price. I pretty much got into a huge discussion with 2 "managers" at my local store for the 3rd time. Told me they don't price match anything that says "club price", "rewards card" or 3 day deals even if it has the item description and price. I told her this pretty much includes more than half of the Safeway and SOF flyer. Am I in the wrong? I've been doing this for awhile and this is the first time I've heard of such strict rules. Another one I heard is that they don't price match 3/$10, 3/$5 type of deals that it has to state the price. I was trying to PM the toilet paper that was on sale at SW this weekend if that makes a difference.

Anyone else have this issue? I finally asked them if they were offering me my gas money back since I spoke to the district manager in the morning and he said it was ok and to come anytime on the phone because I tried on Friday and my husband tried this morning had the same thing happen. However I get there and he is no longer there and one of the "managers" said she was in the room with him when this phone call happened and "he never said that." what?!? Why would I drive a 3rd time to the store if I wasn't sure?

I should have gone to pricesmart
    This thread is currently associated with: PriceSmart, Safeway, Save on Foods, Walmart
    TL and WL: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/fuzzycoconuts/

TL: $1.50 WUB2 Patak's, $3 Zantac, $1 Bertolli

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

my walmart up the mountain don't PM 2/3 days sales or the 10 for $5.00. I tried more than once to PM cat food when it was 10 cans for $5.50 and was told it has been there policy for years. but the Walmart near me is hit or miss but the 10 for deals they still won't do.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I know RCSS doesn't price match 5/10 etc deals so I can definately see this being the same at walmart.

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

A long time ago, Walmart told me that they do not price match club card/member prices. I took the Safeway flyer and price matched the $3.99 Royale toilet paper at Canadian Tire and used the $1 coupon too -- also was given extra CTĘ for price matching!

Trading Score
    101 (100%)

I have not tried recently but in the past have not been permitted to price match flyer items that say "Club Price" etc. as Wal-Mart maintains that those are 'special' prices not available to everyone as they require a membership. :S

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i could understand if you had to pay for a membership like a costco price.. but they should match safeway/save on foods and such.. i've had this issue also.. i found it was dependent on the cashier and how good of a deal it was
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hmm. Well, I work at a Walmart Supercentre. I am not sure about the membership one but the 3 day sales we are absolutely supposed to PM. I had to read a whole policy on our PM guarantee and so it did state that we are supposed to price match 3 day sales provided we have the item in stock and its on one of the 3 days.
    GoddessDigi likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Mine doesn't match any of them and have shown me a policy where they do not match limited time sales even with an end date
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

One more reason not to go to Walmart.
    thriftygranny likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

My local walmart with only price match the 3 for $10 sales if it says in the fine print on the ad, or $3.33 each
    As long as it specifies the individual price they will price match them.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I must have a great Walmart. They'll pm anything in a flyer.

Thread Information