User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi All
    I am new to couponing and price matching stuff .Need to ask if I can price match in produce section which I go grocery shopping.If so how does that work .like I can price match green pepper from No frills and Walmart or clemetines or strawberries etc. Does 2 for $5 deals comes under price matching as well or no and Does price mathcing works on milk and dairy prodcuts as well

thanks in advance
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills, Walmart

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hi Ontario Mom,
    It all depends on where you are price matching. I am also from Ontario and do a lot of price matching and wasn't until recently I started price matching Meats and Produce. Produce is easier to price march than meat. The key is to make sure that what you are buying matches (sizes).

In most cases you price match almost anything (especially at Wal-Mart) as long as everything matches (same brand, same size). Milk can be tricky because of the different brands. If Natrel is on sale you have to match it for Natrel, if Tru Taste is on Sale you have to match Tru Taste, so it all depends on what brands your store carries.

I find the biggest thing is to know your local store and even being friendly with the people there helps. (I am not saying by knowing the people you can get away with things, I just know from experience there are a couple cashiers at my No Frills I talk to all the time and discuss coupons with. Now when I go in with a question I speak to them and they are always willing to help me. Plus knowing who is good with coupons can help checking out. Most of the time you get held up because someone doesn't know the rules so if you go a regular cashier who has helped you before and you are following all the rules check out will go smoothly). Know there rules as they will never admit it but rules do change from store to store even if the company has a coupon policy. I shop at 4 different Wal-Marts and 2 different No Frills and they seem to follow different rules.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, Dec 13th, 2012 at 06:03 PM.

Thread Information