User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: The Ikea Monkey - Superstar

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Apparently she now has two 6 year old Japanese macaque monkeys. She moved to the Kawartha Lakes area where apparently there is no by-law against having them. This has sparked many animal protection groups to call for provincial regulation on exotic animals.
    walkonby likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Good grief
    trishka likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    Apparently she now has two 6 year old Japanese macaque monkeys. She moved to the Kawartha Lakes area where apparently there is no by-law against having them. This has sparked many animal protection groups to call for provincial regulation on exotic animals.
    People should not own exotic animals (tigers, monkeys etc). There is a risk of them biting the owner or visitor. Some people have died. They belong in the wild. Ones that are too use to people end up in zoos or sanctuaries. There needs to be stricter laws, by-laws.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    People should not own exotic animals (tigers, monkeys etc). There is a risk of them biting the owner or visitor. Some people have died. They belong in the wild. Ones that are too use to people end up in zoos or sanctuaries. There needs to be stricter laws, by-laws.
    Agreed. I'd love to be best buddies with a pygmy hippo but that isn't practical. A problem with owning these types of animals is that they're cute when they're young but then they grow up, get aggressive and then are dumped by their owners.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As much as I would like a pet monkey I just wouldn't feel right taking it out of it's natural enviroment. I feel uncomfortable looking at them in a zoo!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information