User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Overheard walmart cashiers and front end supervisor talking about me

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Absolutely outraged at the service I received tonight while shopping at walmart. I went in five times to split my transactions because of coupons one per transaction. At one point a cashier followed me around glaring at me I did not think anything of it until my sister mentioned she was following us around. Skip ahead to fifth transaction I was in an aisle looking at products and I could here four cashiers and the front end supervisor saying how there are these two "girls" walking around and they are suspicious and what is the deal with the two of them. well I walked right over and said "excuse me I am a paying customer who frequents this store on a daily basis and spend over 2000$ a month for my family of 8. I am disgusted that you are accusing me of stealing, the buzzer did not go off you saw me go through each till. Never once did you come up to me and mention anything but to be loudly discussing how I am stealing in-front of other customers is down right embarrassing and you should be ashamed of yourselves. I can come into the store 20 times If I see fit and that does not give you the right to glare and talk about me rudely" Nobody said a single word to me :s and just put their heads down, how can you give customer service if you can not handle a situation?

I went through the one cashier again at the very end and she had nobody in front of her and she said please go to another cash she's open and I said "are you not" and walked away because she was being very rude and took the customer who was behind me.

Ughhhh my head is all over the place but I am very upset

Thanks for reading and p.s thank god for spell check cause when your mad you make lots of typos lol
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Last edited by tiffanyhungry; Fri, Dec 14th, 2012 at 05:34 PM.
    “Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live”. Mark Twain.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

sorry to hear about your incident... i know some people can be very rude. next time if the coupon doesn't say per customer... just do seperate transactions at the one cashier. Usuallly they will just do them all in one transaction to save time. I recomend you call the location and find the district managers phone number to discuss it if you don't get it resolved at the store level manager.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I don't see how they accused you of stealing. Being suspicious and accusing of stealing are two different things.

Having said that. I can understand how you would be upset but it is probably their job to scope out suspicious activity and returning to the store 5 or more times would definitely fall into the category of suspicious if you were in my store. Just my opinion.

It still does not give the cashier/supervisor permission to speak ill about you in front of other customers though.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Well the one cashier said she saw me putting things into my purse and emptying them outside .... but it was my coupons I was taking out
    niro_anan likes this.
    “Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live”. Mark Twain.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would definatly call and complain to a manager. That is just downright wrong.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

wow. that's so rude. I'd be on the phone to the district manage for sure.

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

That's so rude. Sorry they upset you. Definitely speak to someone higher up. Not fair you have to feel like that.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

KJH
    Male
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

My wife came into a WM and the buzzer went off just as a woman left the store. And who do you think the greeter came after. You got it my wife and she hadn't even shopped yet!
    All I know that their customer service has gone way down hill!
    niro_anan likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you don't do anything wrong, Nobody in the world has the right to comment or speak ill of you. If I feel that somebody is watching me or is giving me that "I do not trust you look" I will make sure that they see me open my coupon binder and trying to match products with coupons. Once this happen they stop right there. I will talk to a manager higher up about the incident. This might be the season for forgiveness but not for rudeness and stupidity.
    freedomslink.com , a cool homepage!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I'd probably be a bit suspicious of someone constantly coming back and forth into the store. That's why the store has a security system and security cameras. If the security system had gone off, then they have a reason to check your bags and receipt.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, I think, at this time of the year, the employees are taught to look out for suspicious activity.
    Your activity (in and out 5 times) was not suspicious, but not the ordinary,
    as you are a Super Couponer.
    I think they were trying to do their job as instructed, but maybe did not do it as well as they could
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, Dec 14th, 2012 at 07:54 AM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

that's awful, I would complain to the manager and if they do nothing contact WM head office. Best of luck!
    niro_anan and Stifler like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I don't think I've ever heard of a cashier refusing to serve someone. I'd take your $2000 elsewhere to another store. Couponing is not supposed to be that stressful.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I bet they're reducing thefts in the store by gossiping about the theif and giving them the evil eye.
    Then when they're shamed enough to actually go to cash to pay, shoo them away.
    Nice work.
    I'd complain.
    niro_anan and tiffanyhungry like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am (for about another week because of reasons just like this) a cashier at a supercentre. The posters who suggested that we are instructed to look for suspicious behaviour are correct. I would never treat a customer poorly who is trying to save money, but at the same time, did you perhaps mention to any of your previous cashiers that you were indeed doing several transactions? If you didn't think to do that, I would like to believe that had they known that they may not have been gossiping about what you were up to. Sometimes people who don't use coupons truly have no idea of why you may be doing something a certain way.

Kudos to you for supporting such a huge family and taking advantage of Walmarts policy's to help you save money. It is a shame that cashiers don't always see it as the money saver it is and often view it as a hassle to them. That being said, working myself at this time of year, it can be honestly stressful to try to stay on top of pricematches and coupons while being careful about checking flyers and dates and processing in a timely manner due to long lines and additional pressure from our management about getting it done quickly. Perhaps we all just need to work on our patience?

Merry Christmas!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information