User Tag List

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree585Likes

Thread: OMG Another school shooting!! :( :( :(

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is now my facebook status (borrowed from a friend)

You know who deserves a swift kick to their dangly parts? Every single person who wants to politicize the tragic Sandy Hook Elementary shooting just to benefit whatever cause they're backing. Every single person who even thinks about saying anything about the shooting that doesn't entail extending their condolences to the families of the fallen should just shut, the hell, up. Right NOW is NOT the time for insipid debating. Now is NOT the time for grandstanding that guns need to be banned, or everybody should have guns just so they can dispense vigilante justice, or point the blame at video games, or movies, and it certainly isn't a time to prattle on about the Mayan "End of the World Prophecy".
    Right now is the time for unity and finding a way to help these families recover (as recovered as they can get). That is the ONLY thing anyone needs to be talking about right now with regards to this tragedy.
    Natalka and DaveP like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

WBC to picket children's funerals..

Less than 48 hours after the Connecticut school shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT, which took place on Dec. 14, the Westboro Baptist Church is already making plans to picket. The Westboro Baptist Church is known for picketing and protesting at funerals across the country.
    Wonder which tv company will give them time to explain thier views and avoid thier presence at these saddest of sad events..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The kids were in Grade 1 and were shot at least 3 to 11 times, some at close range. This is horrific. I've seen the damage done by 1 shot from a rifle, but multiple shots on 6-7 year old kids is just horrific. I can't imagine the pain the parents must be in.

"A law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity said some of the guns used in the attack may have belonged to Lanza's family. His mother had legally registered four weapons, his father two."

6 weapons??!?!?
    Last edited by Jina; Sat, Dec 15th, 2012 at 07:39 PM.
    thecountess likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    WBC to picket children's funerals..

Wonder which tv company will give them time to explain thier views and avoid thier presence at these saddest of sad events..
    Imagine people using tragedies like this to further their ideologies/political agendas. I wonder how such people can sleep at night.

Edit: And as long as we're bringing up Westboro Baptist, they are a testament to the fact that responsible gun owners are indeed responsible. Otherwise their fool heads would have been blown off long ago.
    Last edited by DaveP; Sat, Dec 15th, 2012 at 08:02 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the apple doesn't fall far from its tree
    apparently, the mother was an avid gun enthusiast who often took her boys shooting

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/16/ny...s.html?hp&_r=0

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    They only made this policy because the security guards were gun owners in real life who had to prove they could handle the situation.
    You know what really worries me about this situation? Or the possibility of staff at my son's school carrying weapons? How can I be certain a staff member won't one day snap and kill the very children/people they are supposed to protect?
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    You know what really worries me about this situation? Or the possibility of staff at my son's school carrying weapons? How can I be certain a staff member won't one day snap and kill the very children/people they are supposed to protect?
    What's to stop an unstable person from bringing in a weapon even if they're prohibited?

I'd rather have a few stable people with weapons and who know how to use them to stop the unstable ones. Rather than everyone being sitting ducks.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    This is now my facebook status (borrowed from a friend)

You know who deserves a swift kick to their dangly parts? Every single person who wants to politicize the tragic Sandy Hook Elementary shooting just to benefit whatever cause they're backing. Every single person who even thinks about saying anything about the shooting that doesn't entail extending their condolences to the families of the fallen should just shut, the hell, up. Right NOW is NOT the time for insipid debating. Now is NOT the time for grandstanding that guns need to be banned, or everybody should have guns just so they can dispense vigilante justice, or point the blame at video games, or movies, and it certainly isn't a time to prattle on about the Mayan "End of the World Prophecy".
    Right now is the time for unity and finding a way to help these families recover (as recovered as they can get). That is the ONLY thing anyone needs to be talking about right now with regards to this tragedy.
    Well I won't be pinning that on my status that's for sure.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    What's to stop an unstable person from bringing in a weapon even if they're prohibited?

I'd rather have a few stable people with weapons and who know how to use them to stop the unstable ones. Rather than everyone being sitting ducks.
    I see your point, really I do. But Dave, how can you be certain that all gun-carrying staff in a school school are "stable?" That's my greatest fear. I'm thinking, statistically speaking, the chances of one of them snapping are greater than a lunatic coming into my son's school .
    Patty Smyth and Mrs H like this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Given how some teachers can bully thier students , I wouldn't put it past a very small few to use the threat of a gun to try and humiliate a student.
    thecountess likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I see your point, really I do. But Dave, how can you be certain that all gun-carrying staff in a school school are "stable?" That's my greatest fear. I'm thinking, statistically speaking, the chances of one of them snapping are greater than a lunatic coming into my son's school .
    Geez I can think of a couple of teachers at my son's old school I would not let anywhere near a gun
    thecountess likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Well I won't be pinning that on my status that's for sure.
    Why not? It sums up the feelings I have about people making political hay off this pretty well. And we ARE the majority in North America. Most of us just aren't as vocal as the... others.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

There used to be a teacher at my kid's school I wouldn't let near a plastic knife let alone anything capable of killing.
    Patty Smyth and thecountess like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

And I understand your point. But if a staff member at school goes off their nut, a 'no guns allowed' rule is not going to stop them from bringing one in.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Given how some teachers can bully thier students , I wouldn't put it past a very small few to use the threat of a gun to try and humiliate a student.
    So the problem now is that a teacher might bully a kid with a gun? Like a teacher predisposed to bullying kids can't bully a kid in other ways? They're going to use a gun? Really? And get themselves fired? Are you lacking sleep or something Darth, because you clearly aren't at your best.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information