CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Congratulations.What a wonderful gift

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Congratulations!!!

With my little girl I went when she was 9 days old, 1 month, 2 months, 4 months, and 6 months.

My friend has a little guy who is 1 week old and his next checkup isn't until 2 months, she and I were talking about thsi today actually, I think they have changed it.

Trading Score
    133 (100%)

I have midwives, so baby was seen at 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, 2 weeks, 4 weeks and 6 weeks.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Awwwww, Children are a gift from god and you just had another gift. Lucky you. I had a daugther for my first one and she past, but i was able to have onother one and beleive me til this day and for ever he will be MY BABY. Children are so so special. They bring so many joy in your life and they are the only one that can bring this type of joy. It's a joy that we can not explain and is such a warm feeling in your heart. I work with i needs children and beleive me they make me forget all my trouble and by just smilling. Love them, love them and will always loving them and that's for every children in the world...

Sorry for the spelling i am still learning how to write in english...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Congratulations and what a beautiful Christmas present, enjoy

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Congratulations
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Enjoy your early xmas present! If you need peace of mind by all means book an appointment. I would just try to go when it isn't too busy so your little one doesn't pick up any of the flu bugs or colds in the waiting room.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Congrats!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

congrats, momma!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your little ones b/c they grow up way too quickly. As for your question about frequency of doctor visits, I can't really remember now but I know that once #5 came along, the doc almost had to drag me in lol.....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by steen View Post
    Well actually I had her on Dec 2nd. I'm so glad that whole first week is over with (and that I am no longer prego!) I went into labour naturally this time which was SOOO much better then being induced. I ended up needing an epidural again since I was ready to jump out the window I was in so much pain (although I had to wait an hour for it since the doctor guy was busy in the ER! horrible) But it was totally worth it. She is the cutest and was a pound smaller then my first (7'11 instead of 8'11 - but my first was 9 days late).

I found that things I worried about the first time around I am still worrying about this time around, but I don't need to check her breathing every two seconds at night like I did with my first. So this momma gets a bit of sleep at night. I don't have a picture of her to post yet though.

The funny thing is I just had this one and I am already thinking of a third! With two girls now it would be nice to try for a boy (3 is my max though!) but at the same time we will see how things go when this one starts to get around as well. I feel like I haven't been on this site in ages! I've been so busy with the two little ones!

I do have a question though. When any of you had your babies how often did you have baby well checks with your doctor? we saw ours 2 days after being out of the hospital and our next appointment is when she is 2 months old. I am nursing and I thought with my first we went more often? But maybe since I am more confident with nursing this time and he wasn't concerned with anything about her that that is why? Just curious. I thought that was strange. I know I can go in anytime if I have questions or concerns or if I even just want to get her weight to make sure she is gaining, which I have no worrys about since she is pooping/peeing enough.

Anyways I'm super excited about this little one being here as you can tell and just wanted to share the good news. Now I just have to be patient and wait until my doctor gives me the okay at 6 weeks post partum to work out because I tell you I have the workout bug so bad right now but I think 2 weeks post partum is pushing it. To makes matters worse I ordered Zumba exhilarate which just arrived yesterday. So hard to not pop it in and start dancing my bum off LOL
    that's a big gamble! most folks stop at two
    i know this one family who had five girls
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks everyone for the congrats! She is a little cutie!

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    steen, you are in Ontario. Do you have access to the free 6 week midwife service? Do you live close to a public health unit -- the nurses will do a well check too (at your home or at the health unit)
    http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/...phuloc_mn.html
    http://www.ontariomidwives.ca/
    Thanks for the links Shwa Girl I will check them out. A nurse did call me a week after I went home to see how I was doing but of course at that time I wasn't having any problems. It's just mostly nursing problems right now although she is getting enough since she has enough poops and pees but still.I'm just nervous about the gaining weight part since I had so much trouble nursing my first (even though she always gained). This little one is definately thriving though.

Quote Originally Posted by couponclippercaitie View Post
    Congratulations!!!

With my little girl I went when she was 9 days old, 1 month, 2 months, 4 months, and 6 months.

My friend has a little guy who is 1 week old and his next checkup isn't until 2 months, she and I were talking about thsi today actually, I think they have changed it.
    They must have changed it then. I thought it was wierd. Although I guess with my first I was taking her to a pediatrician from the hospital since at that time we didn't have a family doctor. So since he deals with children and babies it could be why I went more often?

Quote Originally Posted by ticul View Post
    Awwwww, Children are a gift from god and you just had another gift. Lucky you. I had a daugther for my first one and she past, but i was able to have another one and beleive me til this day and for ever he will be MY BABY. Children are so so special. They bring so many joy in your life and they are the only one that can bring this type of joy. It's a joy that we can not explain and is such a warm feeling in your heart. I work with i needs children and beleive me they make me forget all my trouble and by just smilling. Love them, love them and will always loving them and that's for every children in the world...

Sorry for the spelling i am still learning how to write in english...
    aww hugs, sorry to hear about your first. Children definately are a blessing aren't they. It's so worth it when you see them smile and be all cute!

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Congratulations!!! Enjoy your little ones b/c they grow up way too quickly. As for your question about frequency of doctor visits, I can't really remember now but I know that once #5 came along, the doc almost had to drag me in lol.....
    hehe yeah I loathe having to go at 2 months since we have to bring our eldest with us and all the stuff we have to bring for two now and have the eldest in the stroller while the other one is in her car seat in the middle of winter makes me want to pull my hair out LOL. We don't have to mayn family close by that can watch our eldest while we go.

I can't believe its been three weeks already though!
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    free stuff with swagbucks! Give it a try : > http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/karottz

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    that's a big gamble! most folks stop at two
    i know this one family who had five girls
    Yeah I know I also know someone that had four girls the last being most recent and they were hoping for a boy but no such luck. I couldn't imagine having 4 or 5 girls! Yikes the teenage years would be crazzzzy!! We will see how I feel once this one is running/crawling around if we actually decide to go for a third lol.
    frugal50 likes this.
    free stuff with swagbucks! Give it a try : > http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/karottz

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Congrats to you and your family for the wonderful additional.
    As for the Doctor's visit I went 2 days after discharge from hospital.
    Then again at 2 weeks and 1 month for weight gain checks.
    Then at 2, 4 and 6 months for needles. And then at 1 year, 18 months etc.
    Hopes this helps, you can always go in at the 1 month mark for a weight gain check.
    There is nothing wrong with that, actually I would just to make sure that she is within her percentile.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information