User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Hi, allow me to explain something to you...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

My son who has just worked his first Christmas/Boxing Day season in retail posted the following on his Facebook page: "Anyone who says there is no such thing as a stupid question has never worked in retail!" Some of the stories he comes home with make me roll on the floor laughing....others make me wonder why some people even bother buying gifts if they are purchased in anger, frustration and pigheadedness toward fellow-shoppers and retail staff.
    So many coupons....so little time!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    May I add...please don't constantly circle the car-park looking for the closest spot to the front door. I was in and out in the time it took you to find the perfect, non-disabled spot ..okay I had to walk a whole extra ...................20 ft..while you drove for an extra 15 mins..
    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaRYoung View Post
    I agree with the part about the shopping carts. To me this applies year round. I don't understand why people don't put their carts away.
    I am gonna say one thing here. When I am half crippled up with both my knees aching and barely able to bend either of them to walk but I HAVE to do the shopping anyways, I sometimes take the extra time to find a close parking spot and am often successful, and when I am done if I am not up to walking the cart back I don't.
    Ciel likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaRYoung View Post
    I agree with the part about the shopping carts. To me this applies year round. I don't understand why people don't put their carts away.
    100% agree!! if you can walk..shop..pick-up items on shelves..then your able to secure your cart after your done using it.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I understand that sometimes we can't put our cart back due to pain, but, if thats the case, we have a responsibility to ensure it is in a safe place and it won't roll into other vehicles. I get really angry when I see carts left in the handicap spots. Why are these spots close to the store, because people with these plaquards are sick, unable to walk very far, or many other reason we don't know about. It's extremely rude to expect someone with a plaquard to get out of their vehicle, push the cart out of the way, get back in their vehicle, park, then get out and return that cart to the store/corral.

At Christmas we are all extremely busy, but that is no excuse for possible doing damage to anothers vehicle because we are tired or lazy.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I hear ya, OP.
    Been there -- last week. LOL.
    I just kept my cool. And they thought they had won one over on me. I just let them go ahead, put my items on the belt behind them and just stared at them. Not angrily. They kept looking back, waiting for a reaction. They should have been paying attention to the cashier. When the cashier told them the total, they weren't ready. Then the scrambling to find the debit/credit card came. Then they messed up the chip password x 2 and the cashier's patience was tested.
    Then they turned red.

Of course I had my money, coupons, Auto Cash and reusable bag ready. They were loading their cart as I passed them, and out the door I went. Before leaving, I made sure to tell the cashier thank you, and loudly, that she did a super job with me all year (one of my favourite cashiers -- yes, I profile), and Merry Christmas.

Hmmm. I don't think they will try that with another Shwa Girl, again.
    holla, oshawaa!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information