User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Best Christmas news/gift!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Today I received the best news as a Christmas gift. First, a bit of back story... Someone very near to me had been trying for 10 years to have a baby. After 3 in vitros, she got pregnant and had a beautiful baby boy this past June. He is adorable!! She has said she would like another one, but she's a little older and was thinking if it didn't happen in the next two years then she would stop trying. She was going to start actively trying this summer. Today at Christmas she revealed to us all that she is expecting again!! She's only 6 weeks so not many people know, but we do!!! (I'm not allowed to share news on Facebook or anything yet, but I hoped SC would be anonymous enough... Hopefully no one here knows who it is. And you do... Shhh!!!! i know at least one SCer who knows this person, so pls don't say anything. I think you're the only "common friend" who might see this, so it's pretty safe. ) It was the best news anyone could share!! She's a wonderful mom (the dad is awesome too!) and they've wanted this for so long. I'm so happy for them! Super exciting!!!

The couponing side of this - her doctor recommended that she stop breastfeeding this baby (something about how breastfeeding increases uterine contractions and there is a small chance that that could make miscarriage more likely. It's definitely a hot topic and many people think that it's not true .... But given her history, she's not going to do anything that may make a miscarriage more likely... So she stopped breastfeeding this baby). For that reason... She now has not only the expense of diapers and all of that for another baby, but now formula costs too for this baby (she'd like to breastfeeding the new baby til 1yr if possible, so hopefully no formula needed there.) Her baby is 6 months old so she will need another 6 months worth. She said she uses Similac Advance with something added... Not sure the exact name. If anyone has any suggestions of a good place to look for Similac coupons, please direct me!! I do think I signed up for every "new mom" promo I could find for her first baby... But I haven't seen a lot of Similac... Most likely cuz she was breastfeeding and I pretty much ignored formula coupons or promos.

Anyway... Any tips/places to look are appreciated! Just wanted to share his wonderful brag with you all!!! Merry Christmas!!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

What fabulous news! Congrats to your friend.
    croman7 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wonderful news!
    croman7 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (97%)

Awesome news...and will keep my eyes out for you....

Check-out this...and ask if someone can RAOK you some!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/115859738563334/
    croman7 likes this.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wonderful news.. Merry Christmas..
    croman7 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great news. Contact Similac, explain the situation and ask them if they could send a few coupons to her. She is very lucky to have you helping her out.
    croman7 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Fantastic news, congratulations to your friend. I wish you good luck with finding coupons for Similac. Redeeming points at SDM especially with VIB bonus points might be a good idea. Thank you for posting and Happy Holidays for all of you.
    croman7 likes this.
    freedomslink.com , a cool homepage!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

If the baby is six months old, its stomach shouldn't be so sensitive. Tell her to try Costco's Kirkland brand formula. It's $23.99 for 1.46 kg. Most name-brand formulas go on sale for $24.99 for half that amount. With my first son, I used Enfamil and paid a fortune even with sales and coupons. My second used Enfamil for the first five months and then we switched to Kirkland and have been very happy with it.
    Shwa Girl and croman7 like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Have you signed up for the similac club. They send coupons and free samples of formula just go to similacs main web site and there should be a link some where to sign up
    croman7 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

as soon as I read this my immediate reaction, was, OMG!!!! Don't worry... I won't tell anyone
    croman7 likes this.
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Congratulations! to your friend. I'm sorry I have no knowledge of baby things but am sending best wishes that everything goes well!
    croman7 likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

croman7 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks for all the happy responses everyone! Pam - thx for being quiet. i knew you would see this and know immediately who it was. hahaha.
    I did tell her about the Kirkland suggestion. She said she'll think about it and compare the two next time she goes to Costco.
    i did sign her up for the Similac club, i have no idea how often she gets coupons. Unfortunately she just gave away two $10 ones and a $5 one to a friend who was formula feeding at the time (and she wasnt, so she didnt think she needed em! kicking herself now!!)
    i'll check out the facebook link that was posted - thanks.
    we JUST both redeemed all our SDM points for other things (incl diapers for this baby..) but didnt get any formula - cuz we didnt know!!! I'm already planning to save up more pts for her and I to get diapers for the new baby. but we won't have enough pts to redeem anytime soon (and the formula need is NOW for this baby. the new baby will be breastfed, assuming it works well for her). We still got some good redemptions for other stuff tho, so i'm not too sad about it.

I also have some other formula coupons that i am willing to trade for Similac, if anyone is interested. I'll go make a post about it in the trading section right away (i'm at work... i should maybe work a little before i go too baby-coupon-crazy. )

Thanks for all the love everyone!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by croman7 View Post
    Thanks for all the happy responses everyone! Pam - thx for being quiet. i knew you would see this and know immediately who it was. hahaha.
    I did tell her about the Kirkland suggestion. She said she'll think about it and compare the two next time she goes to Costco.
    i did sign her up for the Similac club, i have no idea how often she gets coupons. Unfortunately she just gave away two $10 ones and a $5 one to a friend who was formula feeding at the time (and she wasnt, so she didnt think she needed em! kicking herself now!!)
    i'll check out the facebook link that was posted - thanks.
    we JUST both redeemed all our SDM points for other things (incl diapers for this baby..) but didnt get any formula - cuz we didnt know!!! I'm already planning to save up more pts for her and I to get diapers for the new baby. but we won't have enough pts to redeem anytime soon (and the formula need is NOW for this baby. the new baby will be breastfed, assuming it works well for her). We still got some good redemptions for other stuff tho, so i'm not too sad about it.

I also have some other formula coupons that i am willing to trade for Similac, if anyone is interested. I'll go make a post about it in the trading section right away (i'm at work... i should maybe work a little before i go too baby-coupon-crazy. )

Thanks for all the love everyone!!!
    So happy for your friend! We had been trying for ages too.. never happened for us but we went the other route and adopted a beautiful little boy who just turned 3. Anyway, about your friend...join your local freecycle group. I have often seen people post formula coupons.
    croman7 likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Awesome brag. Awesome news.
    Quote Originally Posted by croman7 View Post
    The couponing side of this - her doctor recommended that she stop breastfeeding this baby (something about how breastfeeding increases uterine contractions and there is a small chance that that could make miscarriage more likely
    Good doc. Yes, the body tries to protect itself and the baby that is born, in favour of the baby that is not yet born. I think it's a defense mechanism. We probably don't like the way the choice is made by the body, but that's how it is. Yes, breastfeeding works well, but some cannot do it for medical reasons -- and this is one example.

Thanks for sharing, OP.
    croman7 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information