User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: weight loss tips and tricks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So Ive recently started a new "diet" I am on weight loss medication, which gives me energy too excercise, and boosts my metabolism, and makes me not hungry. I have been on it for 2 weeks and have lost 16 pounds, still have 50 to go. I have started running bare foot because it prevents shin splints which I get a lot of and it improves your circulation. And I am doing weights as well. I also have cut out meat and carbs, I still eat protein just not meat. Are there any suggestions as to what else I could do to loose weight quick? I am just soo sick and disgusted at looking at how gross I look every time I look in the mirror.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did not know where was medication like that!! Yahoo!! Terrific job, 16 pounds is amazing!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good luck with the rest of the weight jessop13! many of us are in the same mind set, down on ourselves over weight. You are on your way though, like I mentioned to you, replacing beverages you previously drank with water helps a lot! No calories.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

When you look in the mirror, look at the progress you made, not how far you have to go.
    One step at a time, one pound at a time and you'll get there!
    Negative thoughts about ourselves are self-defeating when dieting....I look in the mirror and say to myself...."So far, so good...but "that's" got to go!" and I work at it by dieting. Stay positive....thoughts ARE things and are self-fulfilling.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

We are doing the Canada's Food Guide weight loss diet (because we are cheap)
    http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/food-gu.../index-eng.php

1. eat 7-10 servings of fruits and veggies per day (whatever is on sale, with a coupon, pink sticker or rip and stick coupon, of course)
    2. eat smaller amounts of proteins and carbs (only one third of the plate) .
    3. drink fluids -- water and herbal tea
    4. walk, walk, walk (for free at a free indoor track; we try to outlap the senior citizens, but some of them are in really, really good shape)
    5. last meal by 6 PM if possible
    6. Youtube dance videos (free)
    Chris Brown raises the heart rate (start at 0.36 seconds into the video)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQWG8BVeryU

7. 7 hour sleep weekdays and 8-9 hours sleep/relaxation on weekends.
    super_e, Lynn49, cmontario and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

with the medication im on I need too drink 3 litres of water daily in order for it too work. I REALLY like the youtube dance videos idea! Sleep will be a issue, Im lucky if I get 4 hrs a night. I just cant shut my mind off at night long enough too sleep.
    Lynn49, Shwa Girl and vesper like this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jessep13 View Post
    with the medication im on I need too drink 3 litres of water daily in order for it too work. I REALLY like the youtube dance videos idea! Sleep will be a issue, Im lucky if I get 4 hrs a night. I just cant shut my mind off at night long enough too sleep.
    with sleep, if you can find one day to chill, even if you don't sleep, for about 7 hours.
    just that sleep is repair -- like a car get's a tune up
    if yo are exercising, you need the repair part

may be hard to do, but you do need consistent 7 hours on a regular basis

also sleep helps the brain to solve problems -- the body, how it functions, it's a neat package, IMHO.

How about Bye Bye Bye by INSYNC, from back in the day --- just to bust a move (time = 0.48 seconds into video)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s
    Lynn49 and vesper like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

You're doing great! I have been on a weight loss program for a few months too. I am using all natural products and they are working great! The best product is one that help to stabilize your blood sugar this I have found to a very big help. If you want more information please PM me. Also I found that when I was taking diet drugs I also couldn`t sleep most of them have alot of caffiene. Anyway good luck and remember to reward yourself for the small victories along the way!
    Lynn49, Shwa Girl and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by debilles View Post
    You're doing great! I have been on a weight loss program for a few months too. I am using all natural products and they are working great! The best product is one that help to stabilize your blood sugar this I have found to a very big help. If you want more information please PM me. Also I found that when I was taking diet drugs I also couldn`t sleep most of them have alot of caffiene. Anyway good luck and remember to reward yourself for the small victories along the way!
    You are right about the caffeine and stimulants in diet drug.
    Maybe a chewable B complex gummy vitamin gives a good energy boost when working out, and doesn't prevent sleep
    Lynn49 and vesper like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

this may sound weird, but losing weight requires a lifestyle change. You can't not "eat" forever...if you know what I mean, otherwise you will just gain it again. There is no quick fix to losing weight, sorry. It takes time. ONE and I mean ONE meal a week treat yourself to WHATEVER YOU WANT! If you deprive yourself, you are more likely to binge and then just give up. I usually choose saturday night as it is the most likely time to be out with friends. Also, work out either first thing in the morning (on an empty stomach) or right before bed and don't eat after (I find this harder as then your mind is going). If you do this your body will burn stored fat and not the food you just ate. Even a banana or 1 piece of toast is too much. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pamjcoupon View Post
    Also, work out either first thing in the morning (on an empty stomach) or right before bed and don't eat after (I find this harder as then your mind is going). If you do this your body will burn stored fat and not the food you just ate.
    It’s not true that exercising on an empty stomach burns stored fat. Well, actually, it does, but it also slows down your metabolism because it puts your body into starvation mode due to the fact it hasn’t had anything to eat for at least 10 to 12 hours. (Imagine not eating all day, and then exercising.) By the time, you do end up eating, your body will try to conserve the new fuel for later use and store it as fat until it’s needed. As well, exercise makes you hungry, so it increases the chances you’ll overeat.

Eating breakfast is the best way to start your day right because the food starts your metabolism burning calories as they are coming in.

As for exercising in the evening, exercise wakes you up, so it’s best to be done two hours before bed at the latest. Doing it later can disrupt your body’s sleep system.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

I agree with you about working out at night time, that is why I don't do it. My point was that you shouldn't eat a full meal and then go exercise. I work out at 5:45am everyday and then eat breakfast right after. I am not saying you should skip breakfast. It is very important for sure. Anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    It’s not true that exercising on an empty stomach burns stored fat. Well, actually, it does, but it also slows down your metabolism because it puts your body into starvation mode due to the fact it hasn’t had anything to eat for at least 10 to 12 hours. (Imagine not eating all day, and then exercising.) By the time, you do end up eating, your body will try to conserve the new fuel for later use and store it as fat until it’s needed. As well, exercise makes you hungry, so it increases the chances you’ll overeat.

Eating breakfast is the best way to start your day right because the food starts your metabolism burning calories as they are coming in.

As for exercising in the evening, exercise wakes you up, so it’s best to be done two hours before bed at the latest. Doing it later can disrupt your body’s sleep system.
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Here is an interesting article on the impact of adding "just a little bit of oil"

http://www.jeffnovick.com/RD/Newslet...ttle_Oil!.html

It may look like it doesn't affect things much, but 1 teaspoon has 40 calories.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Congrats on your new lifestyle No one has asked so I guess I will, may I ask what "medication" you're taking ?
    Last edited by Tbites; Mon, Jan 14th, 2013 at 02:46 PM.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I have HUGE high hopes right now for my DH. My Wheat Belly Cookbook just arrived this morning!! He is really trying to kick his wheat addiction for good! The book is eyeopening, seems the wheat gliadin binds with opiate receptors in our brains, the same receptors that are activated by heroin, morphine and Oxycontin. The end result is increased appetite and calorie consumption rather than a high. It is a vicious cycle.
    I may have to hide some things that are in the pantry ( for the kids) to reduce the temptation for him to snack. Maybe we should all go wheat free! Easier for me

babies teach us acceptance

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information