User Tag List

Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Like Tree5498Likes

Thread: Sooo, exactly what is good about getting old???

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

anisa, Natalka, McSkier and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

anisa, abbasgirl, Natalka and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

http://women.webmd.com/women-over-fifty-8/50-tips
    some quotes from some doctors, writers and good old humorist Andy Rooney

Women Over 50 Are Self-Assured
    14. You know what you like and what you don't like. If someone is trying to talk you into wearing pink because it's trendy, you don't let them influence you. There's wonderful self-trust when you hit 50. -- C. Northrup
    15. You've learned that you can depend on yourself and you are open to new opportunities. You can accept change, tackle life, and move on.-- S. Mitchell
    16. There's no such thing as "dressing 50." We're past the point when someone can say you're dressing too young. Women know themselves, what looks good on them, and dress to complement the assets they have. -- N.

Women Over 50 Are Sexy
    17. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 50 is far sexier than her younger counterpart. -- A. Rooney
    18. I look better today than when I was in my 30s. I am 87 lbs. lighter and dress to show my figure-8 curves. -- WebMD: Edie90601
    19. Women in their 50s make great lovers. Going through menopause can be extremely freeing. As she ages, her sexuality becomes more important, and she is better able to enjoy it. -- N. O'Reilly
    20. You've gotten over the "nice girls don't" thing.Hopefully you've finally gotten over that! You know yourself sexually -- and if you don't, this is the time to find out. -- C. Northrup
    21. I am working out, shopping, traveling, and enjoying my friends more and often. I lost weight and my style of dressing has changed. I am now wearing hip-hugging jeans, leather -- everything. Even my sex life has improved. -- WebMD: Jackson922
    22. A woman over 50 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women or drag queens. -- A. Rooney

Women Over 50 Have More Fun
    23. You can finally get the car you've always wanted. You can toss the minivan and really indulge yourself. -- J. Ganahl
    24. We've learned that being older is the perfect excuse to get out of something we didn't want to do anyway. -- WebMD: Clara38
    25. You've learned to appreciate spontaneous humor, for it gives life a spicy flavor. You laugh a lot, and laugh out loud. You let the child within you play. You don't have to be "perfect" because no one's perfect. -- S. Mitchell
    26. I am self-employed and having fun. I am taking classes at the local university and surprisingly made friends with students of all ages.-- WebMD: Edie90601
    27. When you're over 50, you have the freedom to date for the fun of it. It's more about do we have chemistry and am I hot for him? -- J. Ganahl
    28. We've discovered that we can act like teenagers whenever we feel like it, and people think it's nifty. -- WebMD: Clara 38
    29. You're finally kid-free. For some people, that is very sad. But I don't know a single person who didn't come around to "look at all my free time. I can totally take art classes, I'm not tied to the carpool." -- J. Ganahl
    30. You recognize that talent does not know age. You learn the value of taking risks, pushing your personal comfort level, reinventing yourself. -- S. Mitchell
    31. At this age, almost all men are younger than you, so might as well date them. People look at you less askance for dating younger men.-- J. Ganahl
    32. A woman over 50 will not lay next to you in bed and ask "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think. -- A. Rooney

Women Over 50 Know What They Like
    33. You learn to fuel your life from your inner wisdom, from your soul. Your life only works well if it's fueled from what's really true inside, not from what's current in magazines. -- C. Northrup
    34. You might participate in a current trend, but what's true must be from what's in you. -- C. Northrup
    35. Your sense of personal style comes together. After decades of experimenting, you learn what feels comfortable, what looks dazzling. -- J. Ganahl
    36. If a woman over 50 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting. -- A. Rooney
    37. You really have learned who you are as a person, what your likes and dislikes are. It makes life ever so much more pleasant and joyful and simpler when you know. The downside is, it makes it hard to find people to date because you're so much more selective. -- J. Ganahl

Women Over 50 Are Wise
    38. At 50, you realize that life is big, much bigger than you ever knew. You see that life has this ability to be very healing, that the full implications of events aren't always evident. What you might think is awful can turn out to be a blessing. -- C. Northrup
    39. Women get psychic with age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 50. They always know. -- A. Rooney
    40. It's a time of self-reflection. You thought the glass ceiling would make you happy and fulfilled. Now you're looking for your purpose in life, looking for work you love to do. -- C. Barnett
    41. She knows the value of mentoring. There are younger women out there who want role models. A woman over 50 has wisdom to offer. -- N. O'Reilly
    42. You know the wisdom of surrender. You're right that your ex-husband wronged you. You can spend the rest of your life beating that drum, but that's the road to bitterness. There is wisdom in letting go of your grievances. You begin to know what's important and what isn't. You know what hill to die on. -- C. Northrup
    43. When you turn 50, mortality rears its face. Women start looking for their mission in life. The whole arena of giving back to society becomes their focus. -- C. Barnett
    44. You have more compassion, more acceptance, for yourself and other people. You are no longer shamed by your own humanity. You learn to see the humor in your own foibles. -- C. Northrup

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

anisa, McSkier, DaveP and 1 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

anisa, McSkier, DaveP and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

bluerose, anisa, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Angela273, McSkier, DaveP and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Great humour about getting older but in another vein, my favourite quote of the last year is:

"Never regret growing old. It is a privilege denied to many."
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hollyquaiser asked, "So exactly what is so good about getting old?"

Ask this lady. Queen Elizabeth II.
    1. She performed in the London Olympics opening ceremonies.
    Jumped out of a helicopter.
    With James Bond.
    At 86.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AS-dCdYZbo

2.She has her own Facebook page.
    With 115,000 likes.
    I am one of her Facebook friends.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Queen-...40671425981842

Liz rocks.

Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sun, Jan 13th, 2013 at 11:47 AM.
    Natalka, McSkier, ssbean and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

managing the pace of your life - so you can breathe and live in the moment

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Getting old means that you dont want something that was most wanted in your youth.
    Shwa Girl and coyote00 like this.
    if the music's too loud, you are too old.

Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread Information