User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Thinking of you... (relation/friendship advice)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

cheaters hurt both the spouse and the person they are having a fling with. I've often wondered why cheaters can and don't get sued. Imagine the jury awards!
    SharonMe likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    cheaters hurt both the spouse and the person they are having a fling with. I've often wondered why cheaters can and don't get sued. Imagine the jury awards!
    I've seen some stories out of the US where they do get sued, for 'loss of affection'. Google Loss of Affection Lawsuits - there was a judgement of $5.8 million in one of the cases. Apparently, it is a 'common' lawsuit it some states.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I think you know this is wrong…or you wouldn’t be asking for advice here

This is a dangerous game. You deserve to have someone who loves you and focuses on you, not someone who is focused on avoiding getting caught and using you as a backup plan. Why waste your time with someone who has a “commitment” to someone else and doesn’t want one with you?
    If he/she is comfortable with cheating on their current partner, and doesn’t care about hurting them, they will be just as comfortable doing the same to you. I don’t know the age difference, but take that into account as well. Is this an older person taking advantage of you, younger person?

Sure it will hurt cutting ties at first, but ultimately you will feel better about yourself because you won’t be stooping down to this person’s level.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by padfoot View Post
    Thanks everyone for your continued advice and yes, i have been reading everything, just soaking it all in as it is hard to decide. But i think i will stop trying to have a relationship with this person like everyone else says to do - run away lol.

I also find it funny how people switch between genders when i havent revealed anyones except mine lol. I guess mailing a card is bad as i didnt think about if their partner had opened their mail. I mean theyve already read their private texts.

I still welcome any future advice!
    Good point about the genders! We shouldn't make assumptions seeing as relationships are not always a male/female dynamic.

Hope things are going better - have a lovely weekend!

Cheers,

Snip.
    Last edited by snipandsave; Fri, Jan 25th, 2013 at 02:02 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Padfoot, what did you decide? Hope you are staying away
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

if he's cheating on her, guarantee he will cheat on YOU
    do you want to be with a slimebucket that lies and cheats?
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Safyre View Post
    I think the OP has responsibility to themselves and only themselves. Telling the other person partner may change nothing and will serve to hurt the person they do care about. I have had a boyfriend that cheated on me, many people told me, but I choose to believe him above anyone else. My own issues. I don't regret the time I spent with him, he just wasn't the man I needed him to be. I've also been the other women before, and we got away with it, to this day I don't believe the other party ever knew. I say, we all know what is right and wrong, we choose our actions, our reactions and what helps us sleep at night.
    i agree!
    Safyre likes this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information