User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: Have you ever felt......

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aurora04 View Post
    I know how you feel! I took DD to a birthday party a couple years ago, and the adults were sitting there talking about the size of their boats/yachts and where they sailed in them etc... I could not add anything to that conversation (didn't think saying my father has a canoe would have the same effect, LOL). I know it just wans't a lot of talk as there are a lot of well off families in this school (doctors, lawyers, etc...).
    To be honest, I feel sorry for such people actually. No one takes their money with them when they die. Through frugal living, we manage well (even though we are considered 'low income' now). Focus on helping the needy, not on material possessions, and your life becomes so much richer!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is like my sister. I love her to death, but she was given everything, house, furnishings, car, education... you name it, father gave it to her. Kind as can be, but she innocently makes everyone feel bummed out with all her stories about what she spends her money on.

Me, I would rather have that kind of financial freedom at the end of my career, rather then now. I will be, I don't think my sister will unless father wills everything to her.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    To be honest, I feel sorry for such people actually. No one takes their money with them when they die. Through frugal living, we manage well (even though we are considered 'low income' now). Focus on helping the needy, not on material possessions, and your life becomes so much richer!!
    I agree completely about focusing on helping the needy! This is what we do. We don't have a lot of money, but we make sure we teach the kids about helping others and we still do our donations, buy Christmas Gifts for needy people, etc... It makes the kids feel good about helping others as well.
    ZumbaQueen likes this.
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

A lot of times the bank owns those types of people. I would rather be debt free and cut coupons and shop sales then have a huge house with a maid.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I agree with CrazyQT a lot of these people are in debt up to there eyeballs
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    I`ve been told, but cant vouch for it, that there are no pockets in caskets, so you aint taking nothing with you...
    Seems to me there are people that brag about what they spend and those that brag about what they save ... I`ll do the savings brag everytime.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
    I have nothing to do today and hope to be half done by noon.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think the biggest thing people need to remember is we all have different situations. I know many people who have many nice wonderful things I would never think of buying who are not in debt where is I know others who yes are in debt because that they own.

There are so many variables that work into this and yes at times do I think wow I wish I could shop like this person or not worry about it go on vacation every year like this person does, yes I do. But currently I do not have the finacnes for these things, no, could I do these things and still make it work probably but right now for me I do not want to live paycheck to paycheck I do not want to try to juggle my bills with pay days, I want to know there are saings.

Like many have said even within your own family you will see differences, my bros lives an extremely different life style than I do and this is their choice.
    Patty Smyth and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I'm glad she made you feel welcome at the party. I hate how money seems to draw a line between groups of people and I'm glad you accept her for what she is.

Its not exactly easy to have money either. You run in to anger and jealousy quite often. Its hard to be friends with people who you were once friends with especially if you have come into money quickly. I grew up middle class, hard working parents and a very loving happy home. I come from the Province of Newfoundland, which isnt known for its rich population by far. One summer, while visiting friends in Alberta, I met my husband. He is a professional in the oil industry. He does very well. As a matter of fact, he made great money when we met, but every year since we have been together it has doubled.

He makes quite a bit ( makes 6 figures and the first number isn't 1 ) , but I still coupon, I still love to save a bargain shop. I don't fit in well with the "money" people, I have gotten together with them, and they do make me feel welcome but I have little interest in them. they also say my couponing is "weird" and mock it ( they pass the mocking off as being cute / playful ) I find them to be snobby and just annoying to be around.

On the other hand, I have been rejected by lower income people. People even go as far to say "I shouldnt be coupling" or "why would you try to save money if you seem to have so much of it" its rude and hurtful. The friends I do have now, I don't even like to talk about my husbands job. I usually give them a general answer to what he does for a living to keep myself in a "middle" class field. I have been friends with some of them for over a year and still knot up when finances come up.

People with no money can buy something, be excited, post a picture to facebook and people are excited and happy for them. People with money can't do that. If I get something new, I'm not aloud to post it apparently because that would be "bragging" - money means your not aloud to be proud of things apparently. I have worked very little in my life, I worked with Mentally Challenged people in Newfoundland, I love to help people. But when I met my husband and Moved to alberta Years ago, I havnt worked since outside the home. I have made and been raising 3 beautiful children though.

You wouldnt believe the anger I've had because of the "easy life" I've been given. Money dosnt define me, but some people seem to let it get in the way of everything. I hate that.
    Last edited by JennyFromTheRock; Tue, Jan 22nd, 2013 at 11:01 PM.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    147 (100%)

Creating a happy home life and raising 3 children is WORK.
    Even if we all had the same amount of money, it would probably turn out close to the same way. We all have different priorities, and spend money accordingly. I think there would still be the same kind of judgements taking place. One would have a lavish home, one would have a plain home and vacation every year, one would give generously to charities, etc etc.
    Do what makes you feel good, let others do what makes them feel good, and be grateful for all that you have.
    Jenny, I hate when people make everything about money too. Really, it's usually not about money at all.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by savess View Post
    Creating a happy home life and raising 3 children is WORK.
    Even if we all had the same amount of money, it would probably turn out close to the same way. We all have different priorities, and spend money accordingly. I think there would still be the same kind of judgements taking place. One would have a lavish home, one would have a plain home and vacation every year, one would give generously to charities, etc etc.
    Do what makes you feel good, let others do what makes them feel good, and be grateful for all that you have.
    Jenny, I hate when people make everything about money too. Really, it's usually not about money at all.
    Yes I agree that Making and raising children is work. Hard work at that. I'm on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Maid, Chef, Doctor, chauffeur, etc. Also the most rewarding job. There are people though who think its "the easy life" and there is a lot of jealousy. I do a lot for our community, yet people still seem to complain when I buy something for myself of my kids. 2 christmas's ago I was called wasteful and bragging ( by people I have since obviously unfriended on facebook ) because of the amount of toys I bought my kids for christmas. I hate how some people are so ridiculous to think that a person would actually go out and buy their kids christmas gifts to impress someone else. Doesnt it occour to people that I bought them because I LOVE my kids... not to impress anyone!! Same goes for everything else that people consider bragging.... people buy things because they want them, not to impress others. Sorry I seemed to have hijacked this thread a bit with my own rant but I have been having a hard week or so dealing with this exact issue. Sorry OP
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

these lyrics say a lot...

I recall when I used to come home never had a dime
    But Lord I always had a good time
    And I recall drinkin' wine with one of my friends
    Lord, I can't go back again

(Chorus)
    Am I losin' my own way back home
    Am I losin' a good friend that I've known
    Am I losin' won't you tell me how I've sinned
    Why am I losin one of my best friends

And I recall this friend of mine I knew so well
    It goes to show Lord you just can't tell
    Now my friend won't talk to me Let me tell you why
    he thinks I 've changed because of a dollar sign
    (Chorus)

And its so strange when you get just a little money
    Your so called friends want to act just a little funny
    They'll blame you

But I'm not the one that's here to blame
    Its you my friend that's really changed
    Its a shame, such a shame
    Am I losin' once again

Why these things happen, Lord I don't understand
    But Lord it can sure hurt a man
    Why my friend won't take me as I am
    'Cause your friend Lord is the most important thing
    JennyFromTheRock likes this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    147 (100%)

Great song. Well said.
    Jenny these people are jealous - try to not let it get to you. You know what is right for your family.
    I still think that if these exact people got the same toys (etc.) you have, they still wouldn't be happy.
    I maintain - it's not about money.
    JennyFromTheRock likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

there are many ppl that are wealthy, but use that money in the most economical way possible.
    many of these ppl don't show off, raise their kids to be humble and grounded individuals, and never talk about how much money they make.

sometimes we look at ppl, no matter who they are and see things that we wish for ourselves.

you never know what happens behind the scenes in some families. never take it personally
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

This is a great post. Your friend sounds like a really nice genuine person and you do too. I think that when you take away all the layers, that's what really draws us to people.
    You don't know their finances though. You may in fact be better off. Some people live way beyond their means.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

20 years ago I was a stay at home. We lived paycheque to paycheque. There was no wiggle room. None. I made a friend who was double income, kids in daycare, she had ait all.

Now, I have a good wage, and can have the luxuries I couldn't back then. Her life has changed. One income, working a barely above minimum wage job.

We are both fortunate to own our own homes. Now she "jokingly" teases me about the money I make. I don't want to lose her friendship but it's getting hard.

I don't flaunt it, but everyuone knows how much I make because I work for the government. It's hard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information