User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart Coupon Policy Change Again??

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I was at the Bayview and Elgin Mills store at Richmond Hill ON. I just returned my whole purchase because I was able to get the BP at 2 other stores. Then the supervisor who did my refund looked annoyed and told me that even if another store gives me the BP.. Shoppers HO will deduct them back from my account! I said "That's fine I'll still refund". I'm also surprised that the way they refund me is they went to their coupon pouch and pulled out all my coupons back to give to me instead of refunding me the full price. I don't mind but that caused me to stand there for 15 mins waiting for them to just dig out the right coupon.

Oh and this store also rejects multiple of the same coupon too! They also told me 1 coupon per purchase of the same product!

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

When I first read your post over the weekend I was quite happy I have never had a problem at all using coupons at any shoppers.......that was, until today. Same thing that you originally posted, they wouldn't allow me to use two of the same coupon if it said "one per purchase" on them. Not to mention I was already frustrated by the time I got to the cash because they were out of almost everything on my list but I altered it a bit to hit $75 and made it....and then I got to the cash and she told me this. Lol
    I advised her that I did a very similar shop there over the weekend and had no problem at all using identical coupons on each product (ex. 2x$1 off mio and got 2). She said that they get written up if they allow it. Sooo I walked out of there with nothing. Definately disappointed and upset with SDM today. *shakes fist*

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by Venuila View Post
    When I first read your post over the weekend I was quite happy I have never had a problem at all using coupons at any shoppers.......that was, until today. Same thing that you originally posted, they wouldn't allow me to use two of the same coupon if it said "one per purchase" on them. Not to mention I was already frustrated by the time I got to the cash because they were out of almost everything on my list but I altered it a bit to hit $75 and made it....and then I got to the cash and she told me this. Lol
    I advised her that I did a very similar shop there over the weekend and had no problem at all using identical coupons on each product (ex. 2x$1 off mio and got 2). She said that they get written up if they allow it. Sooo I walked out of there with nothing. Definately disappointed and upset with SDM today. *shakes fist*
    Was it the same store? If not please list to warn other SCers!

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

No, it was in St.Thomas Ontario, the one near CT.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Ask them how many you are purchasing and if they are only charging you for one of those items since you only have one purchase - usually works
    Insane, Panthea, Venuila and 1 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Their old policy used to state this.

I have the whole "one per purchase" debate at many a store. Extra Foods is the worst. I've argued it until I turn blue, called HO, gave them emails from P&G that states they don't mean per transaction and they still WON'T do more than 1 in a transaction if it states 1 per purchase.

Honestly, I'd call Head Office and let them deal with the store and their willy nilly coupon policy.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

No, it was in St.Thomas Ontario, the one near CT.
    Venuila they should know better, I had the same situation with this particular store back in the fall on a 20x the points day. The bleach blond supervisor, and the useless male manager argued that one per purchase meant one coupon only. Was treated HORRIBLY and very embarassed as the supervisor was quite accusatory when calling in the manager. I came home upset, and called head office. They stated that I was correct, one per purchase = one per item, said they would call the store, and also gave me points because of the way I was treated. Might be worth a call in to head office and complain about the store....
    Insane and Venuila like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

If they do make this a standard policy, I will no longer shop there. As I previously told them I have no issue taking around the corner to Wal-Mart.

Freshco told me last November they would be changing there policy to one like coupon per purchase, not sure if they happened as I have not been back since. I know price match their items else where.

I have never cleared a shelf unless a store was down to one or two of an item left, and I always make sure to leave stock for others to buy but in general when I shop I rarely just buy one of an item. A great example is Shampoo and Conditioner I always buy both and have a coupon for each if they want to tell me I can only use one like coupon I am not going to go to their store switch to get my Shampoo and Conditioner nor am I going to make sure to bring someone so I can break up my purchase. For this reason if stores go to one like coupon per purchase they have lost my business. Not when so many other stores will not limit me to one like coupon per and those ones that are not limiting are the ones that get my business.

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NickiB View Post
    Venuila they should know better, I had the same situation with this particular store back in the fall on a 20x the points day. The bleach blond supervisor, and the useless male manager argued that one per purchase meant one coupon only. Was treated HORRIBLY and very embarassed as the supervisor was quite accusatory when calling in the manager. I came home upset, and called head office. They stated that I was correct, one per purchase = one per item, said they would call the store, and also gave me points because of the way I was treated. Might be worth a call in to head office and complain about the store....
    Wow...yeah I've only been there a few times so far and not too impressed. I'll definately be contacting head office I have tons of complaints about shoppers in the past few months. Is the other one any better?

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I had this experience once. I lived 2 blocks away from a shoppers and my car died and I got fed up of them only allowing one coupon... they wouldn't even allow you to go through another time... one coupon per day. I went on shoppers facebook page to get "clarification" because I knew management was just messing with couponers... HO got right on it and asked for the location.... I gave it and instantly the problem was VERY solved. I also got a few optimum points to help wash the bad taste out of my mouth.

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

I ended up emailing them last night. The customer service rep replied with "As you indicated, one coupon can be used per item purchased and not per total purchases." Thank You!! Lol, I'm still holding a grudge with the store though. I think it's terrible when customers know more about their policy than people that work there.
    Mags likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I ended up emailing them last night. The customer service rep replied with "As you indicated, one coupon can be used per item purchased and not per total purchases." Thank You!! Lol, I'm still holding a grudge with the store though. I think it's terrible when customers know more about their policy than people that work there.
    I called HO last night also and was told I was correct and was told that they would speak to the manager regarding this...Got a call back today from HO and was told that although I was correct the manager still reserves the rights to limit how many he wants to sell regardless of what is says in the flyers...so in other words...if you plan to use a coupon you are still only able to purchase one however, if you want to purchase more than that you are not allowed to use coupons. Or better off going to another store that is able to accommodate my coupons.
    anisa and bdkmosher like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I don't think this is a store-wide coupon policy change, but rather a case of individual stores making up their own rules. Just like how a SDM near me will not accept printable coupons, even though SDM's coupon policy clearly states that they do. I used 4 identical coupons in one transaction yesterday without issue.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

wow this type of thing scares me
    i don't like when store policies go against the wording on the coupons. its really confusing!!!
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

One day, someone will break it to the stores that they MAKE money taking coupons and as long as the store has the stock no matter what the company issuing the coupon is not going to argue per purchase, item ect. They are charged a percentage for taking our debit cards and credit cards but are PAID a handling fee for taking coupons. They will get the money and some, if only they would actually learn that coupons are not evil but in the long rung MAKE them more money, save them more fees...
    anisa, Poirot and Coragirl like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information