User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Laser Hair Removal??

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried Laser Hair removal and if so, any recommendations as to what is the safest/best type of equipment etc?

I have fair skin and fairly coarse brown hair if that helps. Just seeing all of the group buys for this and considering buying one but not wanting to risk my health/safety for the sake of beauty!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I have never done it, but would really want to. I hate shaving

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've thought about it, but I don't know anyone who has actually done it. Yes, guys can hate body hair too!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I had it done because I won a $300 GC... I still had to throw in $80 to pay for their "special" on 3 sessions!! I have "patches" of hair because I used to wax regularly, I still have hair sprouting on my legs after 3 sessions. Unless you get a REAL incredible deal... I think you're better off just waxing.
    Open an ING Direct account with a minimum balance of $100, enter my Orange Key 13804211S1 and they'll start you off with a $25 bonus!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Visit www.cindy.lovablelabels.ca for personalized labels - PM me for a discount code.
    Join Opinion Outpost - http://OpinionOutpost.com/join/5281613

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

my mom had it done on her chin and it worked for her. She did have a bit of a burn (not supposed to happen) and recieved sessions for free after. Those did not give her a burn. She has been happy with the results.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've done three sessions which i paid for through a group buying website. It actually was pretty painful but still better than waxing as it really did start thinning out the hair after the third session but I have to go back for a few more.

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

I was getting it done last year (under arms and upper lip). I have very dark, coarse hair that grows extremely fast too! I only went for three sessions before I stopped (got a bun in the oven!) but I definately noticed a huge improvement in just those three sessions, especially on my underarms. I had a voucher for a year of hair removal so I'm sure by the end of the year I would have had amazing results.
    I didn't have any burning or reactions either. It doesn't hurt and it's very quick. I would definately recommend it and plan on getting it done again post baby eventually.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do your homework. They had it on Marketplace and, well, some people out there do it and shouldn't be providing the service. My mom and sister had it done and had great results but they paid a whole lot and had it done through a plastic surgeon's office.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

It did not work for me...wasted $300 dollars
    New mom October 2014!

Pawkeys
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

I have done almost every type. The professional services did not work on me at all. Wasted a lot of money and time. I have tried home lasers and there is only one that worked. It was the costco Silk'n' one. It was way cheaper than any of the others. Just a note on how it works. It takes about 2 years to do. It slows down the growth until it stops growing. Legs took 1 year, underarm took 2.5 years. Face took 6 months. Arms took 6 months. Privates took 1 year.
    sasksaver likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pawkeys View Post
    I have done almost every type. The professional services did not work on me at all. Wasted a lot of money and time. I have tried home lasers and there is only one that worked. It was the costco Silk'n' one. It was way cheaper than any of the others. Just a note on how it works. It takes about 2 years to do. It slows down the growth until it stops growing. Legs took 1 year, underarm took 2.5 years. Face took 6 months. Arms took 6 months. Privates took 1 year.
    Good to know I was looking at this one I figured it was no risk cause costco takes everything back
    New mom October 2014!

Pawkeys
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Yep. you should be aware that you will need to replace the lamp cartridges; they sell them on Costco.ca.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Do they only sell the unit on Costco.ca too?
    New mom October 2014!

Pawkeys
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

no. You can get it straight from Silk'n'
    Abby5 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My friend did it with a groupon promo. She really liked it and said it wasn't as painful as she thought. She is really happy with the results!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information