User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: coupon binder question?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

here is mine - if my pictures actually upload.... I just used the kleenex box as a pattern and added a little ( say 1 1/2 inches) to the end flaps so I could sew it together. I will not be able to answer any technical sewing questions as I absolutely have no clue. I just winged this from looking at a similar bag, did what I thought would work - and this is what I got. Happy sewing and organizing

Name:  resized-DSCN0613.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  21.9 KB
    Name:  resized-DSCN0614.JPG
Views: 206
Size:  34.4 KB
    Name:  resized-DSCN0615.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  36.2 KB
    Name:  resized-DSCN0618.JPG
Views: 194
Size:  37.2 KB
    Name:  resized-DSCN0619.JPG
Views: 213
Size:  29.1 KB
    Name:  resized-DSCN0617.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  34.8 KB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    158 (100%)

I use a couple of different systems, I have 2 binders one for food and one for house hold, they organized by expiry dates.( this seems to work best for me with trains) Then I have a small organizer that fits in my purse( thanks to Armygirl for replacing my old falling apart one) in this one it is sectioned into the stores I plan to shop at with my list and coupons, food, household and pets, personal and soon to expire, and ones I am really hoping to find on sale soon. That way I keep my binders at home and not packing around an extra 10 lbs but I have my most needed coupons with me.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

growing up,my mom always kept her coupons in an envelope or bag in her purse. This is because we tend to walk everywhere. When dad (or DH in my case) always takes the car to work, you need to make daily stops for food, not big shops on the weekend. Can you imagine carrying a binder everywhere?

I keep the ones I am going to use right away in my purse and the ones that I will use later in a B rotation shoebox with envelopes sorted by category. Because I don't have every coupon with me at all times, sometimes I do miss out on some crazy clearance, but what are you going to do? Because of my situation I can't get EVERY deal, and I'm ok with that
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

We also go to Ogdensburg once in a while and I started researching america coupons. I therefore found "The Krazy Coupon Lady website" They have so many great american articles, links to american coupons ans stuff but the big take -away is the binder download.

I don't know if I can post this-I guess I will find out but I cannot delete the logo on the pages (not educated enough on pc stuff :http://0.thekrazycouponlady.com/wp-c...der.pdf?d52b90
    I just love the logo and the silhouette. Their website has it free to download.

Here are the catagories:
    (I added a few for my needs). (all are in plastic sheets)

Index is first page to refer to:

Next tab is Insert schedule (1 page RP and SS and a small calendar for year.
    0. Bread
    1. Produce
    2. Salty Snacks
    3. Granola Bars/Fruit Snacks
    4. PB & J
    5. Fruit
    6. Vegetables
    7. Pasta
    8. Soup
    9. Baking
    10. Breakfast
    11. Prepared Sides & Rice
    12. Condiments/Salad Dressing
    13. Drinks
    14. Refrigerated
    15. Yogurt
    16. Freezer
    17. Candy
    18. Baby
    19. Reynolds Ziploc
    20. Paper Products
    21. Surface Cleaners
    22. Laundry
    23. Dish Washing

24. Miscelanious
    25. Air Fresheners/Candles
    26. Cold/Allergy Medicine
    27. Vitamins
    28. First Aid
    29. Beauty
    30. Oral Care
    31. Soap & Body Wash
    32. Hair Care
    33. Lotion
    34. Shaving & Deodorant
    35. Feminine Hygiene
    36. Pets
    37. Office
    38. Outdoor
    39. Cars
    40. Restaurants

And then I have sub-catagories: Example: Air-Fresheners/candles

I have:
    Airwick
    Febreeze
    Glade
    Lysol

Cleaners, Laundry, Health and Beauty also have subs.

Hope this helps.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

My binder is organize by categories and the categories are place in the order of my favorite store. That way, when I'm at my favorite store, I just turn the pages and when I'm in another store, I use my cagetories
    Hi! I'm a shopaholic... hum no, scratch that, I'm a dealaholic!!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_D View Post
    here is mine - if my pictures actually upload.... I just used the kleenex box as a pattern and added a little ( say 1 1/2 inches) to the end flaps so I could sew it together. I will not be able to answer any technical sewing questions as I absolutely have no clue. I just winged this from looking at a similar bag, did what I thought would work - and this is what I got. Happy sewing and organizing

Name:  resized-DSCN0613.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  21.9 KB
    Name:  resized-DSCN0614.JPG
Views: 206
Size:  34.4 KB
    Name:  resized-DSCN0615.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  36.2 KB
    Name:  resized-DSCN0618.JPG
Views: 194
Size:  37.2 KB
    Name:  resized-DSCN0619.JPG
Views: 213
Size:  29.1 KB
    Name:  resized-DSCN0617.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  34.8 KB
    You did a great job. The one I have has lining over the entire case, I will take some pictures and post it. I also have mine organized by category. I think if I just used that A,B,C category, I'd get to confused..."Know lets see, did I put the kraft dinner under P for pasta or K for kraft dinner or M for macaroni and cheese "
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlmama04 View Post
    I use a couple of different systems, I have 2 binders one for food and one for house hold, they organized by expiry dates.( this seems to work best for me with trains) Then I have a small organizer that fits in my purse( thanks to Armygirl for replacing my old falling apart one) in this one it is sectioned into the stores I plan to shop at with my list and coupons, food, household and pets, personal and soon to expire, and ones I am really hoping to find on sale soon. That way I keep my binders at home and not packing around an extra 10 lbs but I have my most needed coupons with me.
    The only thing I hate about leaving binders at home is when I would run into a great clearance item and then not have the coupon with me. VERY FRUSTRATING!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I have aphoto wallet type thingy I keep in my purse for my soon to expire and def will use aand not trade items such as milk bread eggs etc (set up according to expiry date , hate whe they expire onme)
    I keep an accordian folder and binder in my reusable shopping bag i keep my multiples or ones i hardley use in the binder and the ones that I have one or two of tha i hope to find a great deal on int he accordian\
    i find if i don't have all of them with me at all times i miss too many great deals
    all are kept in order of expiry Like someone else said it is sooooooooooo much easier for trains and trrading

also wanted to say great job on the bag I know a few people who have made their own and they are great, i might tackle a similiar project when mine falls apart
    great question
    Nayya, ticul, pumpkin9211 and 3 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

I carry 2 binders with me everywhere. It is what works for me.

Binder #1
    ALL FPC's
    ALL Call-in's
    Groceries

Binder #2
    Health & Beauty
    Household Items
    Pets

When I am doing my flyer shopping I pull all the coupons out that I know I am going to use and clip them together and put them in the zippered part of my "binder carrying bag". That way, I can just grab those when getting ready to check out.

Like others, I don't go without my binders because I have found great clearance items and having to leave to go and get the coupons and come back... its just a PIA. So... I am always "prepared for a deal"

I tried to do it alphabetical..... It was a disaster for me. Kinda like Holly. Where did I put my Dr Pepper Coupons
    1) under "pop"
    2) under "beverages"
    3) under "dr pepper"

Everyone needs to figure out what system works. I doubt any two couponers have the exact same system.
    Nayya, ticul, Anna Michele and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I have a coupon purse that's sorted by category as well as a couple small accordian folders with coupons for items if the price is right. I love my coupon purse, it's so handy and sorting by category totally works for me.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I am not a massive couponer...so I just have a little accordian file folder. I do it by category.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have binders and I organize them by expiry dates it's just easier for me for trains & trading etc. plus I know that I should be checking my current months coupons and see what I can or plan to use up.

I also have an accordion folder tingy that I keep separate that has was I plan on using shortly (hoping for sales) or items I purchase on a regular basis.

I have been lazy lately and have not been taking my binders with me and it has bittin' me in the ass on a few occasions and I see clearance racks and/or deals and I know I have those coupons sitting at home.

So I should make an effort and start bringing the binders along with me each trip regardless of their weight.
    mhmartel likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow.....didn't know others here have some really cool organizer here.....I know its sounds funny, but the only thing I got here to put my coupons in is a $1 small photo album from dollarama and a cookie tin to put other coupons that I won't be using yet or have a longer expiry date. no filings no tabs no labels, i just slip coupons into the album like photos.......every week I will plan out my shopping, take out all the coupons that I will be using and write out the list of stuff to get, gather up all the flyers that I need to pm, elastic band them all together, put it in my purse and I m ready to go.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I have a zippered binder and organize by category. Alphabetically doesn't work for me. I need to know if cereal is on sale, what coupons I have for cereal without going all through the binder remembering what I filed things under. I also have a small zippered pouch that I take into the store with me that matches the grocery list for the day, the coupons that I plan on using in that trip and any that I might use as expiry is close or I think there might be a deal on it. Also any coupons I plan on playing coupon fairy with. The big binder I leave in the car and can pop out for a coupon if I happen upon a great clearance deal. (Doesn't happen often, but I have left binder at home and that's when the awesome deal appears)
    I like the small pouch for inside the store as I feel everyone is looking at you with a big binder.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information