Thread: Confessions of a Mom

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by angel_2011 View Post
    (knock on wood hard!)
    that's HOW you get pregnant!

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

when DS was born (hes my firstborn), I remember telling hubby "oh i don't understand those moms who like sending their kids to school and who brag about how they can't wait for school to start and they don't like the summer holidays or weekends cuz the kids are home from school... yadda yadda ...." and I remember saying that I wasn't going to be like "those" moms. fast forward 5 years later.. I AM THOSE MOMS!! I look forward to seeing DS get on that school bus, and thinking to myself.. Yes! 6 hours... with 1 kid... woohooo! as much as I initially hated the idea of Full Day Kindergarten.. I must confess, that I've gotten to love it

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    that's how you get pregnant!
    lmao!!!!!!!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by angel_2011 View Post
    when DS was born (hes my firstborn), I remember telling hubby "oh i don't understand those moms who like sending their kids to school and who brag about how they can't wait for school to start and they don't like the summer holidays or weekends cuz the kids are home from school... yadda yadda ...." and I remember saying that I wasn't going to be like "those" moms. fast forward 5 years later.. I AM THOSE MOMS!! I look forward to seeing DS get on that school bus, and thinking to myself.. Yes! 6 hours... with 1 kid... woohooo! as much as I initially hated the idea of Full Day Kindergarten.. I must confess, that I've gotten to love it
    You are COMPLETELY normal!! Plus you have given all of us some much needed laughs, thank you! Hang in there....it will go fast very soon, then one day you will be like many of us ...ahem, seasoned gals, looking back on it all.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    hey, if we are ratting out our own Mom's I have a beauty!
    I imagine she did this to ensure that we all dried the silverware properly before it went into the drawer.
    Her words of instruction were " you cannot put them into the drawer wet, because they will start crying " Okey Dokey Mom!
    Well, I admit...I was either dumber than a stump or I NEVER thought my Mom lied about anything so it " must be true " ....
    This isn't a confession but your post made me laugh and remember a fib my mom told me.....When I was about 5 years old I was at a baby shower or something like that (a room full of ladies anyways) and I asked my mom why all the ladies sit with their legs crossed. She said it was because they probably had to go to the washroom. I remember thinking "I'm 5 years old and I know how to get up and go to the washroom how come these ladies don't!"
    ...it was YEARS later when I figured out the truth. My mom laughed at me when she realized how long her little fib lasted!
    Last edited by erin9mmm; Wed, Feb 13th, 2013 at 02:50 PM.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Subscribed...will have to get thinking about posts to make. P.s. I hate cartoons too. DH knows all the Dora songs, not me because I go to my happy place and tune out.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kw01ai View Post
    Subscribed...will have to get thinking about posts to make. P.s. I hate cartoons too. DH knows all the Dora songs, not me because I go to my happy place and tune out.
    And when you are in that " happy place " are you in the fetal position with your hands covering your ears? hee hee.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Uh yeah I am pretty sure she did . She snatched all the ones she liked the best
    Can you tell your mom that I said thank you and that she is a genius? Between the snatching of the chocolate and lying to you about your coffee skills, well I think that she is just the best lol
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    And when you are in that " happy place " are you in the fetal position with your hands covering your ears? hee hee.
    If she did, I would not blame her. Dora makes me want to pull out my eyelashes. Seriously, what message are they sending out to kids? that it is okay at that age to be wandering around with no parents, a monkey and a map, talking to strangers?
    Last edited by i_forget; Wed, Feb 13th, 2013 at 05:56 PM. Reason: I blame the touch screen for my bad spelling and grammar

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

i LOVE Dora!!! she is the best baby-sitter ever!!!
    Granger likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am a teacher and on parental leave with a 5 month old baby boy. I admittedly reacted differently to some of these posts simply because I am a teacher.

-Some days I start to count down the hours until dh gets home.
    -I enjoy being able to hand LO over to dh, even if it means I have to go wash the dishes and cook supper.
    -My little man is exclusively breast fed. In November he had a bottle that he would take sometimes which enabled me to get a little extra sleep and for dh and I to go on our first date since his birth. Fast forward to January and we discover that he no longer accepts pumped breast milk. We found this out the hard way. I left LO with dh so that I could go icefishing with my brother. Pumped a bottle of milk that morning and headed out. I had one bar of cell phone service off and on so I was unaware that LO was refusing to drink his bottle for dh. By the end, I had been gone 7hrs and LO only drank 1.5oz the entire time that I was gone. Needless to say, he was not a happy boy for daddy and he was sure hungry when I got home. It took us 4 different bottles to find the first one that he would drink from. We have now offered him a total of 6 different bottles and he will actually spit the breast milk out. He will play with a soft tipped sippy cup, but does not want to drink from it. I would really like to be able to leave him with someone else for more than an hour without him being hungry and needing mommy.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My parents are divorced and I was raised by my dad since the age of 3. As I got older I remember my mom encouraging me to sweep the floor when I visited. She would say that anything I got off the floor made it cleaner than when I started, which was true. I liked this approach because even if I missed stuff, the floor was still cleaner by the end of it and she would try to show her appreciation for my effort.

My dad has his own approach to things. I think my favorite saying from dad was "the best way you know how." This applied to everything.
    Me, "How do I make meatloaf?"
    Dad, "The best way you know how."
    Me, "How do I ______?"
    Dad, "The best way you know how."

I don't remember a time when I did not cook. I love baking all kinds of goodies, but bread is not my thing. My dad would encourage me to try to bake bread anyway. Not just any bread, by whole wheat bread. My dad is a semi-truck driver and he took the whole wheat buns to work. He complimented my bun making skills by telling me how they did not fall apart. Haha They were pretty close to being hockey pucks. I think that was one of the few times that I baked bread.

I would often make rice with chili or sweet and sour meatballs with rice. I would go to dish up supper and ask Dad if he wanted the chili on top or beside. Dad would always reply "yes." So I would reply, "on top then..." That's when Dad would finally reply "beside." The thing is, I always knew Dad's answer, but we would have the same conversation each time.

When I'd bring my dad a big cup of coffee to the living room he would always wait until I was close to him before he would loudly announce "Don't spill it!" This always made me jump, and I often spilled some coffee. Dad still gets a kick out of doing this. The thing is, I knew he was going to do that, but I would jump anyway. I am still a person who can be startled in by things that I expect.

I have a very close relationship with my dad. He is supportive and loving. My dad calls me2-3 times a week. I still have a relationship with my mom, but it will never be the close connection that I have with my dad.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I know all the Wiggles songs, Thomas the train songs, etc by heart and will often sing along while doing the chores. Makes DH laugh and me feel completely embarassed. Even DS says "mommy stop"

Sometimes I'll pretend I don't hear DS when he's up in his bedroom so DH would go instead

I wish I could have earplugs nearby when DS whins.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I am a teacher and on parental leave with a 5 month old baby boy. I admittedly reacted differently to some of these posts simply because I am a teacher.
    I am going to psychically predict that this is your first child and that you teach between JK and grade 2.
    lol
    mamathree and erin9mmm like this.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I was NEVER going to yell at my kids, I was NEVER going to be THAT mother with the screaming child in the grocery store, I was NEVER going to buy them electronics, etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, I do ALL of those things, and more!
    Jina, Crochetlady, kazm-l and 7 others like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information