• 1 Post By grumpy
  • 3 Post By Jina
  • 2 Post By blueeyetea
  • 1 Post By Candini

Thread: Best way to organize outfits?

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Hi all,

I have a closet problem. Bit of a pack rat. Trying to be diligent and clean out/ remove an item if i buy an item.

Recently trying to make more outfits...
    has anyone found a decent way of organizing things or a plan where you can remember what can go with what and just grab and go?

Do you line up stuff by colour, or by style (skirts, shirts, etc) or?

I find the InStyle Magazine tear outs on colours (what goes with what) really helpful.

thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I organize the tops by colours and are in this sequence: purple, light pink, hot pink, red, orange, brown, beige, white, grey, black, dark blue, light blue, turquoise, green
    This creates a nice flow of colours lol (bit of OCD there )
    Then all skirts together, all pants together. I found this layout easier to pick things to wear than before when everything was random.
    for e.g if I pick a brown skirt, I just go to matching coloured tops.

I have space below the tops so I bought some shelves where I have the folded items like t-shirts, casual clothes to wear at home, jeans, etc.

For the space above, I have baskets for hats and bags.
    Mia001, Natalka and angelapride like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My needs are simple, so my closet is organized with like items together, i.e. pants are lined up, blouses, knit tops, etc. Easy to see everything I have and I can just mix & match. Very flexible.

One colleague of mine is using one wall in her bedroom where she installed five hooks, i.e. one for every day of the work week. On Sundays she organizes what she'll wear for the week by lining up everything she'll need for a particular day on the hooks, including accessories and jewelry. When getting ready to work, she saves time because she doesn't have to think about it.
    Last edited by blueeyetea; Wed, Feb 20th, 2013 at 09:49 AM.
    Mia001 and lecale like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not a problem for me. I clear up my closet regularly and separate things by style. For little items like socks, bags, i use box.
    Everybody love computer, hookbag computer parts

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I go through my closet 2-3 times a year. I get rid of anything that doesn't fit any longer (unless it has sentimental value). Those go into a garment bags so they don't get dusty and then are at the back of the closet. The items in good repair are given to charity.

I tend to shop in outfits. I have a bunch of basics so that I have the building blocks of outfits (like dress pants, blazers, jeans, skirts, jackets, button up shirts). Then have a bunch of layering items (t-shirts, tanks, blouses).

I tend to organize my closet according to items. I tend to group things according to season. My summer things are currently at the back and my winter things are at the front. I then put items in groupings of item so that all dresses are together, all pants are together, etc. I don't really organize according to colour because I find that I get confused about items that are multi-coloured (where do you put them)? I don't need my organizing principle to be confusing to me.

I don't tend to get outfits ready the day before. I would find it to be a waste of time if the weather changed, or plans changed and the outfit I picked was no longer appropriate.

Lucille Wingfield
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is there anything else out there that I can wear, and still look good? I really only like jeans

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i normally consider the place i went for more. and if the place is casual then jeans and shirt. as simple as that. this is actually my consideration.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

In my closet I only have all my tops/sweaters/dresses. All organized: black, grey, white, colours (I don`t have a lot of coloured items) In my dresser drawers I have pants. But again everything I own is black or white lol so all my outfits match.
    Mia001 likes this.

Thread Information