User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Returning "Free" Tylenol to walmart?

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Just curious to "learn" more about wether it's indeed legal or not.... I know its against rules on kijiji to sell certain medical things, but that in itself does not make it illegal. It is over the counter medicine..... I tried googling this topic but only found many stating it isn't illegal. Could you please forward me a Canadian government page that states otherwise..... I like knowing silly facts like this I do condone this behavior of making money on the cost of manufacturers by this method.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I watched yet another documentary on the high cost of Wal-Mart yesterday morning, and having watched that one twice now, it's really sunk in as to how they do business, treat their employees and they people in the factories in China that make most of the toys and apparel they sell. I've also noticed that anything I purchase their both clothing and other items, either breaks or falls apart in some manner within a year, the last shirt I purchased was done after 4 washings.....it started getting tiny holes in the fabric and just more and more holes. I told my husband that I now will do my best not to purchase anything a Wal-Mart unless I absolutely have to. I purchase a t-shirt at Target, a Massimo brand, that was 4 years ago, and I must say, it's still in excellent condition and I bet I wear it at least twice a month. I will however go to Wal-Mart to get free things, I have no problem with that, but I won't spend any money like I said, unless I have to. I know that Wal-Mart employs a lot of people, but that's it, they just employ them for as little as possible, make them work overtime and fudge so they don't have to pay them. I'm just sick about the document. It really opened my eyes.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As I've worked at Walmart (Ontario: Customer Service) and Maxi (Quebec: Cashier), there's a very specific policy on medication / anything from the pharmacy section.

Walmart allows the return of unopened medication with a receipt.
    Walmart allows the return of opened medication after the client has had a discussion with the pharmacist and returns to the counter with written permission. A receipt is required.
    Walmart prohibits the return of unopened or opened medication without a receipt.

Because of this, coupons will always appear on the receipt, and there is no way that you will be reimbursed 100% of the cost pre-coupons. If you paid 20$ for 200 Tylenol after coupons, you will be reimbursed 20$ (no returns on the coupons, of course; those are "lost") - not 600$, assuming 3$ a box.

Maxi, from what I've understood, is final sales on all prescriptions, with or without a receipt. Don't hold me to that, though.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Yusshin View Post
    As I've worked at Walmart (Ontario: Customer Service) and Maxi (Quebec: Cashier), there's a very specific policy on medication / anything from the pharmacy section.

Walmart allows the return of unopened medication with a receipt.
    Walmart allows the return of opened medication after the client has had a discussion with the pharmacist and returns to the counter with written permission. A receipt is required.
    Walmart prohibits the return of unopened or opened medication without a receipt.

Because of this, coupons will always appear on the receipt, and there is no way that you will be reimbursed 100% of the cost pre-coupons. If you paid 20$ for 200 Tylenol after coupons, you will be reimbursed 20$ (no returns on the coupons, of course; those are "lost") - not 600$, assuming 3$ a box.

Maxi, from what I've understood, is final sales on all prescriptions, with or without a receipt. Don't hold me to that, though.
    very fair

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I bought 30, a mix of tylenol and Mortin. I did not buy them all in one day. I bought 5 per day. Our walmart must have had lots of stock because the shelves were never empty until the last day when I bought the last 5. My kid hates both, she will only take Advil. I donated them, some overseas and some to shelters. Only a couple were free, the rest I used $2 cpns. I can't even understand how someone could get that many free. It would certainly set off warning bells at my local walmart.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

jaw-dropped

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I watched yet another documentary on the high cost of Wal-Mart yesterday morning, and having watched that one twice now, it's really sunk in as to how they do business, treat their employees and they people in the factories in China that make most of the toys and apparel they sell. I've also noticed that anything I purchase their both clothing and other items, either breaks or falls apart in some manner within a year, the last shirt I purchased was done after 4 washings.....it started getting tiny holes in the fabric and just more and more holes. I told my husband that I now will do my best not to purchase anything a Wal-Mart unless I absolutely have to. I purchase a t-shirt at Target, a Massimo brand, that was 4 years ago, and I must say, it's still in excellent condition and I bet I wear it at least twice a month. I will however go to Wal-Mart to get free things, I have no problem with that, but I won't spend any money like I said, unless I have to. I know that Wal-Mart employs a lot of people, but that's it, they just employ them for as little as possible, make them work overtime and fudge so they don't have to pay them. I'm just sick about the document. It really opened my eyes.
    What's the documentary called? I like watching documentaries on this sort of thing. Really opens up your eyes!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLover618 View Post
    What's the documentary called? I like watching documentaries on this sort of thing. Really opens up your eyes!!
    There was one on the CBC called Walmart: The High Cost of Low Price. It's really good. Maybe you can find it online.

Never mind this is why stores (specifically Walmart) are triple reading coupons and making it hard to use them (I always get a hard time when I try to use 2 tear pad coupons...don't bother with printable anymore), but this is also why I think coupon values have decreased as well.

Don't for a minute think that manufacturers and retailers don't read these forums, your blog and fb couponing groups...because they do...and I have that on very good account.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    Just curious to "learn" more about wether it's indeed legal or not.... I know its against rules on kijiji to sell certain medical things, but that in itself does not make it illegal. It is over the counter medicine..... I tried googling this topic but only found many stating it isn't illegal. Could you please forward me a Canadian government page that states otherwise..... I like knowing silly facts like this I do condone this behavior of making money on the cost of manufacturers by this method
    Dariusz I'm confused...do you condone buying with coupons and returning for profit? Or do you condone buying and reselling for a profit? Not looking to start something...just to clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    That's the one I'm talking about...thanks for posting!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information