User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Returning "Free" Tylenol to walmart?

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I was in walmart this evening picking up a prescription. Here I am sitting on a bench with happens to be at the end of the aisle just about beside the childrens medicine. I overhear two women ask the pharmacy assistant if they can return tylenol because they bought a certain kind and their child doesnt like it, no big deal. The pharmacy assistant says thats fine with the receipt but then one woman says that they have about 200 dollars worth to return! The heck?Obviously the tylenol was purchased with coupons making them just about free otherwise why buy so much. I didnt hear the rest of the conversation as they were walking away and I feel a little bad for eavsdropping but wow to buy that much of a free product only to return it gives all of us a bad name, I hope they werent allowed to make the return.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow that's pretty blatant. Really hope the store said NO. An honest mistake, maybe, but just donate all of that stuff you got for free!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

I have heard of people doing that... Even worse, I have heard them price match items to get them free and than return them at the full price. Arg, it is very frustrating for sure!
    Leigh-Anne and PammieD like this.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Woah! That person has more balls than brains, that's for sure. Part of me finds it amusing that they can't even wait until the sale is over to pull a stunt like that. I definitely hope the staff was able to see past their scheme and deny the return (even if it was just for store credit).

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

I don't think the store can even put returned medicine back on the shelf so what are they supposed to do with $200 of unsaleable Tylenol?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

huhu, wat! 200, that insane! but i think there are those people out there and one that shops at my local WM too....I was at my WM 2 days straight for the past 2 days. yesterday I went there were at least 20-30 of the 2-11yrs old tyleno on shelf. and today I went there again. there were 0! only the infant one were left. I think to myself,....who the heck brought them all in one day.....wooo, given that WM location is not busy, mostly dead on weekdays.....I got 4 on this deal, 2 infant and 2 children and already thought that was too many already for 2 kids, they do have an expiry date on them.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

So the store can't restock the meds bc they can't guarantee its safety anymore and cashiers know what you are up to - way to ruin couponing people

No wonder WM is checking those coupons for copies so carefully
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Everytime there is a free of next to free deal my walmart in Halifax is cleared out the first day.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

I didn't even know about this deal until I saw a woman at my Walmart with a cart full. Then I came online to see what was up. I get free samples from mmy doctor so I don't need any.... Even if I did that woman already took them all!
    Leigh-Anne and PammieD like this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

The coupon says one per customer. Too bad cashiers aren't noticing. Mine did. Didn't matter though, I was using 2 different coupons and went back the next day. Shame on the person using a coupon that is clearly limited (assuming they realize it too I guess).
    Crochetlady and Leigh-Anne like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't even noticed that Walmart sell any tylenol.
    Everybody love computer, hookbag computer parts

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

thats what 70 bottles?! really i'd hate to see the poor child that goes through 70 bottles of tylenol in the time before it expires here we might go through 2-3 a year and that's pushing it
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Argh!
    Crochetlady and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

no words!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matchstix View Post
    I don't think the store can even put returned medicine back on the shelf so what are they supposed to do with $200 of unsaleable Tylenol?
    You're right, they can't put it back if it was returned, they have the file a "claim" for it.. I think the manufacturer either gives them a rebate on the price, or a percentage of the loss back. Either way, the companies are going to crack down on this really soon if it keeps happening. I've returned things that I've purchased with a coupon before, but I've never purchased something with the intention of returning it to get the amount back.. it's too bad the policies can be exploited this way.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information