Thread: Have you done your taxes yet?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Received my refund today!!! Yeah!
    Natalka and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Always read your Notice of Assessment-particularly if CRA adjusted your claim (say down to 0) for an amount. Understand why (see if you can figure out the reason for it) so you can make a note for your records and keep it in mind for next year. If something seems wrong, follow up with CRA on the item-people there do make mistakes too.

If you have not filed before the deadline and you are eligible for benefit payments, you are possibly delaying your access to the benefits as the tax return sets up the new benefits payments beginning in July.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    The tax year covers the calendar year from January 1 to December 31 and represents the tax year for the return filed or due to be filed.

Status of return

We start processing returns mid-February and will provide the current status for your return as follows:

• Not received
    • Means that we have not received your return, or it has been received but not entered into our computer system.

If you filed a paper return on or before April 15, it could take four weeks before it shows as received. If you filed a paper return after April 15, it could take six weeks before it shows as received.

If you filed your return using EFILE or NETFILE it will show as received shortly after you receive your confirmation number.
    • Received
      Means that we have received your return, but that it has not yet been assessed.

We usually process paper returns in four to six weeks and EFILE and NETFILEreturns in two weeks. Some exceptions apply. For more information, go toReview of your tax return by CRA.
    • Assessed
      Means that this tax return has been processed by our computer system for the first time, and your Notice of Assessment has been sent to you.
    • Reassessment in progress
      Means that a change request for your return is in progress. When there is a ‘*’ displayed then confirmation numbers are noted at the bottom of the page.
    • Reassessed
      Means that your return has been changed, and a Notice of Reassessment has been sent to you.

We usually respond to a paper taxpayer requested adjustment within eight weeks and internet requests using the Change My Return option within two weeks.

Date processed
    This is the date your return was assessed or reassessed. A dash (–) in this field means that the return has not yet been received or assessed.
    You can view detailed information about assessments or reassessments by selectingAssessed or Reassessed.
    My paper mailed return is showing Received for a while now , hoping for a refund soon

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Cool I am getting my refund on May 16 . Did it the old fashioned way with paper & pencil & dropped it in the CRA drop box as opposed to mailing it in.

Timeline :

1. April 18 - Dropped Paper Return ( envelope ) in CRA drop box close to my house.

2. May 2 - Showing Received online

3. May 9 - Showing Assessed online

4. May 9 - Showing Refund will be directly deposited on May 16
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

just wanted to thank my smart canucks memebers. Because of you, I was able to do my own tax return. I love it. Thank you so much
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Cool I am getting my refund on May 16 . Did it the old fashioned way with paper & pencil & dropped it in the CRA drop box as opposed to mailing it in.

Timeline :

1. April 18 - Dropped Paper Return ( envelope ) in CRA drop box close to my house.

2. May 2 - Showing Received online

3. May 9 - Showing Assessed online

4. May 9 - Showing Refund will be directly deposited on May 16
    Tomorrow.. he he he

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread Information