User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went grocery shopping with the family yesterday and my hubby drove to complete frusteration. Since I've started couponing and cutting costs on the grocery bill I now start planning my weekly meals based off what is on sale as well as what I have coupons for (as long it's a good deal). And since I've started buying this way my grocery bill has gone down so much. So my annoying shop story: (frusteration #1) Were in the dairy aisle and I pick up a box of coolision yogurt which cost $2.77 and I had a coupon for it so oop $1.77 then my hubby decides to also pick up a box of danino to go's for a whopping $4.77 and no coupon. (frusteration #2) pasta aisle my hubby decides to pick up a package of pasta and pasta sauce which were not on the list and neither of them were on sale and no coupon but he felt that we had to have them I guess. So today I get the no frills flyer and sure enough the pasta sauce that I paid full price for yesterday is going to be on sale for a $1. And that is just a couple of the many frusterations from yesterday. And needless to say my bill was higher than it has been in a long time, grrrr.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, No Frills

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Sorry you hada frustrating day...it happens to the best of us unfortunately!
    Let him drive you next time - and then find him a newspaper and a coffee shop to wait in.He'll probably be a lot happier and you definitely will,lol - this is what i do with my dh when he gets irritating -
    Come on -Join me ! Get Points, get Free stuff

http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kazm-l
    And if you need a link for Zoombucks or Irazoo ....let me know!!

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

LOL! I feel your pain. I have to leave mine home too most of the time. I spent so much time organizing to spent the least possible OOP and he goes around throwing ANYthing in the cart to get to our budget as fast as possible and get out of the store.. lol
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

LOL, I no longer take my hubby and my kids when I go shopping. Hubby does not compare prices at all, and kids.... well needless to say they are much cuter when they are not throwing things into the cart, or asking every 5 minutes for something that is NOT on my list.

Yep, shopping is definetly MY time, it is so much better that way.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

My dh is worse than the kids. It actually gives me anxiety knowing that he's buying stuff full price that was on sale last week.

I guess I can just be glad that he's not doing the weekly shopping.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I have only been seriously doing it for a couple of weeks and when I show him what I bought for $10 he understands. He is no longer allowed to stop off and pick up things on the way home. That especially ticked me off since he always paid $.05 per bag. I give him the superbucks from gas and he is allowed to pick up milk with them. If we need anything else he now tells me and I pick it up. It wasn't too hard when he saw how much we could put into out retirement fund without sacrificing anything.

Cia
    Female
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

I always try to leave hubby home as well. He has little to no self control in the grocery stores. He said he wanted just a watermelon last nite from the store, I had asked him to get me some strawberries, no problem: you get the fruit and I'd like to look at plants, I said to him. He comes out of the store with watermelon, strawberries, 4 pack of choc. bars, bag of shelled peanuts and...wait for it.... 8 lobsters. My entire weekly food budget gone. I have a freezer full of meat, so this week I just needed to buy fruit and fresh veggies. Lesson learned on my part, oh yeah, and the watermelon squished my strawberries.

Thread Information