User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Sausage, bacon, salami = deadly

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I'm just wondering why so much money is wasted in doing these studies that everyone already knows the answers to???? Here's a thought, why not take all that money, and use it on finding ways to make bacon, sausage, salami and the likes the old way, the way it was done many many moons ago, when we didn't have all these so called food chemicals!!!! It may be more labor intensive, and have a much shorter shelf life, but..... with all the money they would be saving from doing these crazy studies, it wouldn't matter. AND, those of us that care about our health would purchase the items every once in a while, hmmmm, wonder if they ever thought of that???
    Doing the study builds up the evidence.
    If a law suit occurs, the lawyers have research to back up their case.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, Mar 8th, 2013 at 01:28 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    mmmm, bacon.
    as you can see, bacon is the meat of life.
    What an interesting table. I thought the table started with hydrogen, helium, lithium, beryllium....
    electric_viking likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Next tiime we meat , Patty..I'll wear Bacon Perfume....
    I wonder if that company, Dementer? (they sell it at Superstore), sells bacon perfume LOL
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    What an interesting table. I thought the table started with hydrogen, helium, lithium, beryllium....

Different table, my dear Shwa Girl
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I'm just wondering why so much money is wasted in doing these studies that everyone already knows the answers to???? Here's a thought, why not take all that money, and use it on finding ways to make bacon, sausage, salami and the likes the old way, the way it was done many many moons ago, when we didn't have all these so called food chemicals!!!! It may be more labor intensive, and have a much shorter shelf life, but..... with all the money they would be saving from doing these crazy studies, it wouldn't matter. AND, those of us that care about our health would purchase the items every once in a while, hmmmm, wonder if they ever thought of that???
    In Ye Goode Olde Days, we were too busy dieing from diseases we have either controlled or eradicated like small-pox, measles and chlorea to worry about dieing from chemicals in our meat...that is if we could afford meat in the first place.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Shwa Girl and alicia like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks Darth Penguin. My chemistry teacher use to play that song to help us out in high school chemistry.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I predict in 20 years we will be talking about eating meat and dairy the way we talk about smoking now.

Let make a date to check back on March 11, 2033

I also predict people will still eat meat and smoke. People don't want to hear bad things about their bad habits.

I also used to smoke and quit 24 years ago I just hope I have reversed most of the damage done.
    walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I predict in 20 years we will be talking about eating meat and dairy the way we talk about smoking now.
    But there's no definitive study out there that says meat and dairy are bad for you. It's the combination of fat, salts and sugars in our diet that should be addressed.
    Natalka likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

There are plenty of studies, starting with the largest study ever done, The China Study.

But I already know you will poo-poo that one too because you have made it clear that no study taking the con side of meat and dairy is valid.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Let make a date to check back on March 11, 2033

I also predict people will still eat meat and smoke. People don't want to hear bad things about their bad habits.

I also used to smoke and quit 24 years ago I just hope I have reversed most of the damage done.
    About the smoking, you, as an example is what is going on more and more - people are quitting. The Ontario smoking rates since McGuinty started his work in 2006 is going down, down, down. Hmmm. Looks like he did ONE thing right.

The nitrates in processed meat is a big issue, related to cancer. The federal government seem to be afraid of the food industry. They have backed off on limiting salt in prepared foods, when the docs and dietitians keep asking the feds to help with reducing blood pressure problems, stroke and heart disease problems in Canadians.

I really hope we have different stats -- healthier stats - by 2033.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I do not need a study to know that bacon, sausage, all that stuff with the nitrates ( nitrites?) in it is unhealthy to eat. I saw when I cut out most of it ( yes I still slip now and then) my health improved overall. ( digestive wise).
    Developing a health condition ( or a few as you age) that can be improved or eliminated through diet is a gift really. It puts you in the driver's seat, I mean you can take medications for life or just stop ingesting the stuff and see if your health improves. Those are the studies I like.
    Patty Smyth and Shwa Girl like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I do not need a study to know that bacon, sausage, all that stuff with the nitrates ( nitrites?) in it is unhealthy to eat. I saw when I cut out most of it ( yes I still slip now and then) my health improved overall. ( digestive wise).
    Developing a health condition ( or a few as you age) that can be improved or eliminated through diet is a gift really. It puts you in the driver's seat, I mean you can take medications for life or just stop ingesting the stuff and see if your health improves. Those are the studies I like.
    It's hard for people, especially when they can get these for a really low price with coupons. When people have a low income, they go for what is cheapest and easiest to find and cook. They probably won't be able to afford the medication too.

Good thing there are some community programs to help low income people with shopping, cooking and eating healthy, like "Cooking from the Good Food Box"
    http://www.foodshare.net/cooking
    Patty Smyth and i_forget like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

There are plenty of studies, starting with the largest study ever done, The China Study.
    But I already know you will poo-poo that one too because you have made it clear that no study taking the con side of meat and dairy is valid.
    The problem with the China Study is that Dr.Colin Campbell picked and chose the results he needed to match his pre-conceived hypothesis. He concluded there is a direct correlation between dairy/meat consumption and cancer. Yet, when a high correlation was also present in his data with the consumption of (gasp!) wheat, he left out of his report. Wonder why?

This irregularity casts doubts on how objective Dr. Campbell was in his conclusions. It's bad science and shouldn't be relied upon.
    Natalka likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    The problem with the China Study is that Dr.Colin Campbell picked and chose the results he needed to match his pre-conceived hypothesis. He concluded there is a direct correlation between dairy/meat consumption and cancer. Yet, when a high correlation was also present in his data with the consumption of (gasp!) wheat, he left out of his report. Wonder why?

This irregularity casts doubts on how objective Dr. Campbell was in his conclusions. It's bad science and shouldn't be relied upon.

It's bad science in your opinion, let's make that clear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information