User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Friends spamming my FB with their business ventures!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I woke up this morning to about 20 different invites, wall posts and related crud on my Facebook.

it was all basically " friends" trying to pimp out their businesses, like Avon, Epicure and that stuff.

it is ALWAYS the same people, and it is always the same stuff!

so, I put a nice passive aggressive comment about how classy my friends who create separate pages are, because it allows me to choose if I want to see their stuff separate from maintaining their friendships.

oh and did I ever hear it!
    Not that I care really. If I send you a personal message to get together for a coffee and you cannot reply to me but feel the need to invite me to your epicure party, then I know where your loyalty is.....and it is NOT with maintaining my friendship.
    This thread is currently associated with: Avon
    Last edited by i_forget; Thu, Mar 14th, 2013 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

I feel ya on that one! I get invites to all kinds of money-making "parties" from people I haven't seen in ages. Oh, and then there are the Facebook Baby Showers... These people haven't had the time to even meet my youngest (almost 2 year old) daughter yet, but they want me to come and shower them with gifts because they know I'm generous. Bunch of greedy, cash-grabbing jerks!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oy, just block or unfriend them.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oy, just block or unfriend them.

The worst is my "aunt". I am just going to cancel the account.
    I do not know why I even reactivated it.
    electric_viking and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Yeah... I have those people too. It's really annoying. They should just make a page and only talk about it on their page. Makes it way better for everyone
    DaveP likes this.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wait, when you say "did I ever hear it" do you mean these people complained about your passive aggressive comment? Just delete them and you won't get spammed anymore
    DaveP likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Wait, when you say "did I ever hear it" do you mean these people complained about your passive aggressive comment? Just delete them and you won't get spammed anymore
    It was actually quite funny.
    I got the kids ready to go to their camps and dropped them off and came home and my fb was flooded with comments and personal messages from a load of people who assumed that the post was directed at them and they were all trying to make excuses and find out if it was about them and such.

I have never really been passive aggressive before, I am amazed with the reaction it got.

Delete and moving on....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I have a facebook fan page for my etsy handmade items and if my friends want to see what I am doing with it then they can become a fan. Maybe about once a year I will post a link on my personal page about my facebook fan page in case I have made any new friends in that time or old friends didn't realize I had a fan page and want to join. I don't like getting all the invites for home parties so I won't clog up my friends feeds with my stuff, that's what the fan page is for. (and I rarely post on my fan page, average once a week, so even if friends are fans they are not overwhelmed by every item I post or make or sale, etc.)
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I get this to and it's annoying. I really hate those party things anyways since everything that they are selling is so expensive to begin with. I also don't need a million different candle warmer things. I also hate when people spam/share those pictures allll the time! You know maybe reading them once gives me a chuckle but when I see like 10 friends share the same picture in a day it gets annoying
    i_forget likes this.
    free stuff with swagbucks! Give it a try : > http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/karottz

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

this is exactly why i don't have a fb account for family/friends - only use it for samples/promos... I figure if ppl wanna know my business, they can pick up the phone and call me, or email me... some of them.. edit, MOST of them, are just nosy & want to know my biz without maintaining a relationship.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

thankfully I don't get many 'invites' except for those STUPID fb games/apps (I just end up blocking the app, and won't ever see the invites again)

Gotta love those people who have nothing else better to do ALLLLLL day long, so they share dumb photos and sayings and crap. Ya, I don't really want to see all this you spend your time looking at all day..... although sometimes it's funny, I could do without.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Okay what I really hate is people posting pictures of their dinner plate and describing what incredible culinary concoction they made for their family tonight. Geez louise.... get a life. I really don't care how good your roast beef with grilled winter vegetables and a baked potato is.... I've seen roast beef before. If you've seen one roast, you've pretty much seen 'em all.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And the people who feel the need to tweet about the great crap they just had or that their shoelace just broke or some such silly thing. get a friggin life people.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    And the people who feel the need to tweet about the great crap they just had or that their shoelace just broke or some such silly thing. get a friggin life people.

You just gave me an amazing idea

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

always here to help.
    julesie-pie and i_forget like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information