• 1 Post By Sunraven
  • 1 Post By walkinglady
  • 1 Post By SharonMe
  • 1 Post By nicolthepickle

Thread: CT small personal brag.... :D pic included

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Hi, well I know this is sad but ive never actually gone to one of these scratch card events ....my mom has been a dedicated person and has gone alone pretty much the past 6-10 years . I dont remember any recollection of it in my childhood either . SO I was in the market for a food scale and candy thermometer, and would have just gone to buy them at CT anyday BUT then I though they must have a sale or something b/c im not goingto shell out $40 for a scale itself...the thermometer was only1.99 (yea right) ....so I waited 2 months .. aybe more and BAM WHAT IS THIS ...A SCRATCH CARD EVENT GAURANTEEEEEED MONEY?????????.I went around the evening after one of my classes just because I didnt want to miss the $5 :D

So my mom had said weshould go together and shes right ..a good thing we did. We got there and 2 bags milk left , 2 cups danone 1.99, what salt...does ct even have salt cause I dont see any LOL ..shelves were cleared , no juice .97 or 1.97 .etc people going bananassssssss literally .

So we grabbed a bag milk , as you turn to get the danone ...all gone.... okay still must be something left...yeah right . Juice disappeared. So I our cart was a bag of milk..just 1 ...I was walking around a found a salt box (without knowing shelves were cleared..my luck ? ) and put it in cart..okay only 2 things that wont even equal $5..time to find my free things ...then it appeared ..what is this ????????? A FOOD SCALE FOR 9.99 (had to hold back on fainting ) reg price 29.99 my dream came true .....picked that up ... my mom started to freak out on what else to get and I had to calm her down becaus weareshopping for FREEEE WHO CARES LOL....it must have been the crazy people clearing shelves like loonies that got it her...[no offense to those that cleared shelves. You got what you wanted , that makes me happy ]

So she picks up a tea stainer ..3.99 I said no matter how much u need itget it at dollarama instead ..3.99 FOR A STRAINER WHAT ELSE WILL I BE SEEING ....to my horror ..the thermometer was 4.99 not the 1.99 show online !!!!!!!!! whatt will I do .. so I picked it up jus incase.

So the rest was boxes /containers (I go crazy for them , so does my mom ..probably Inherited obsession), nothing special to normal people but if you saw the smile on my face when picking them up....you wouldve thought I was a crazy loonie clearing shelves with containers :D

My method was to get min $5 of what you need and add $5 of what you want. This was for each transaction ...only because you never know if you will win $10 so why miss the opportunity :D ...so each line up was my mom and I . Each a seperate transaction . I would put something like $5.50 of items and the extra $5want item . Scratch the card while lady is ringing in and if I see a $5 on the card I tell my mom to leave the item in her transaction .therefore it doesnt hassle the lady ringing in and voiding it. Then my mom puts her $5 of need and adds my $5 want just incase she get a $10 and so we wouldnt be wasting the opportunity. If it does t come up we leave the item. Mind that the item in this case was my 4.99 thermometer.. (just couldnt pay 4.99 for it) so we lined up twice and used 4 scratch cards , all were $5 , we were given 1 more from someone else in line with us and another one from a lady (which we gave to a lady behind us ) . This is my brag

transaction 1 for myself
    9.99 food scale minus $5 = 6.30 total gained 5cents

Transaction2 my mom
    1 salt x .79
    1 milkx3.99( cashiersaid milk was 7.99 and we left it but then she checked price and It was 3.99 thank god )
    Aluminum x .89
    1 container x1.20 (reg either 2.50 or 1.50 cant remember)
    Total 1.50

Transaction 3
    4 containerx 1.20
    1 small container x.89
    Total=1.02

Transaction 4
    7 noodles x .39
    1 container 1.20
    1 small box .89
    Total 1.40

Transaction 5
    1 FOOD THERMOMETER X4.99
    2 noodle .39 ( shoulve just got 1 ...but couldnt help it )
    Total = 1.95

My total was 11.30 for6 boxes , 2 boxs, 1 food scale, thermomter, milk, salt, aluminum foil, 9 noodles = 51 cents an Item :D

Transaction totals are off the top of my head ....cant go get the reciepts so its an estimate but the total is dead on :D
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama, Shell

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh niro_anan, I sure like the way you posted that story, it was as if I was walking through all the aisles with you! I loved the excitement you felt over your very first CT scratch card, but I am so surprised your Mom did not force you ( drag you, lol) years ago! It is free!!
    Anyways, enjoy all your containers and your lovely food thermometer.
    niro_anan, cbou, wolfwoman and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

I noticed you are in Scarborough like me, was this at the McCowan/Sheppard location?

Good thing you went later, that place was craaaaaazy around 2pm. LOL
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Oh my god , yes I did go to that location ...spent 4 hrs doing 5 transactions, from 3:45-7:30 ..there was nothing there...everyone picked up random stuff and what peeved me the MOST was fridge items left out on the side of isles ..I saw over 10 juices along my way to the cashier thats not including the other stuff I saw just to get to the lineup..grr. I was one to leave items but those items I left with the cashier for pickup by the other employees to put back on shelves .

The store I can say was 100% mess , I felt bad for closing employees cleaning up

Quote Originally Posted by Sunraven View Post
    I noticed you are in Scarborough like me, was this at the McCowan/Sheppard location?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Btw what did you get ?
    If you dont mind me asking ....when I went shelves were clearing

Quote Originally Posted by Sunraven View Post

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by niro_anan View Post
    Btw what did you get ?
    If you dont mind me asking ....when I went shelves were clearing
    I went a bit earlier. Left around 2pm. My card was actually ripped and stolen from my flyers, but my aunt got me a few cards (she picked them out of the recycling bin) and I used those. I got milk, laundry detergent, dishsoap and windshield washer fluids.
    niro_anan likes this.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wonderful storyteller you are niro! And best of all you got your scale and thermometer at good prices. Thank you for posting.
    niro_anan likes this.
    freedomslink.com , a cool homepage!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I felt like I was there too. I'm happy that you got your food scale at such a saving.
    Your storytelling really showed the thrill of the hunt you feel when you get what you're looking for at a good price. Love that. It was nice too that you got some extra cards. Sweet!
    niro_anan likes this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yay, I have the same scale and I love it! Use it all the time. I've never seen milk at a CT.
    Great brag.
    Last edited by nicolthepickle; Tue, Mar 19th, 2013 at 04:56 PM.
    niro_anan likes this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks everyone, have I made you as excited for a food scale as i was? My looked at me when picking it up like... this child must have serious brain damage.... why on earth a food scale and thermometer...

A bummer to the trip that ive been trying to forget is that we used a cart the entire time we were at ct....the same 1 cart for all 5 transactions which my mom went and found ...so when we were leaving there were flyers in the cart and i assumed my mom brought ours along.. nope....unfortunately!!!!! it wasnt ours and there was a scratch card IN THE CART THE ENTIRE TIME (someone must have left it there)..Which we covered with milk , then my handbag....gahhh another $5 scratch and i wouldve bought all chocolate as a treat FREE . but we finishd 5 transactions...my mom couldve used it since we lined up anyways for the 5th transaction but we didnt see it til after....lesson learned: check cart thoroughly

Thread Information