User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Looking for Opinions on ING

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I opened an ING account about a week ago. On open it requested that i send a cheque in to do a deposit to my thrive account. From my understanding this actually ends up giving my ing account access to my credit union account. And in all honesty I'm not sure i like that. I havent sent the check in as of yet as i'm contemplating my options.

I did decide after reading other peoples comments on here to send my cheque in. It deposited quickly enough...However It took a long time to get the debit card....which i received yesterday and the pin number is yet to come. I'm looking forward to actually being able experience ING.
    lucy16076 likes this.

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

ING & PC are good choices. I am disappointed with PC Mastercard right now because they cancelled my mastercard from the time I landed in Jamaica last month, so I ended up without a credit card for my trip! Good thing my bf's card worked (from another institution)...regardless, overall both banks are quite good. I use PC Financial for all my daily banking simply because there is a kiosk that I can go to if I need to speak to someone face to face. (that's been rare over the last 8 years). I have ING for savings & children's accounts (they give you money to start accounts for them!), and simple GIC's for money that is for the kids but they aren't getting for a bit. I realize it isn't the best investment of those monies, but then again, these days...what is?
    So, feel great about your choice! NEVER EVER pay a bank to hold YOUR money!!! They are investing it & making MILLIONS from your money so DO NOT pay banking fees......EVER! There are too many great options out there that do not charge service fees & give free checks!! Even your $3.95/month doesn't sound like a lot, but in reality they are charging you to access your OWN money! That's crazy! Run elsewhere if you can! It might be a pain to change things, but it will save you $47.40/year plus interest!
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lucy16076 View Post
    ING & PC are good choices. I am disappointed with PC Mastercard right now because they cancelled my mastercard from the time I landed in Jamaica last month, so I ended up without a credit card for my trip! Good thing my bf's card worked (from another institution)...regardless, overall both banks are quite good. I use PC Financial for all my daily banking simply because there is a kiosk that I can go to if I need to speak to someone face to face. (that's been rare over the last 8 years). I have ING for savings & children's accounts (they give you money to start accounts for them!), and simple GIC's for money that is for the kids but they aren't getting for a bit. I realize it isn't the best investment of those monies, but then again, these days...what is?
    So, feel great about your choice! NEVER EVER pay a bank to hold YOUR money!!! They are investing it & making MILLIONS from your money so DO NOT pay banking fees......EVER! There are too many great options out there that do not charge service fees & give free checks!! Even your $3.95/month doesn't sound like a lot, but in reality they are charging you to access your OWN money! That's crazy! Run elsewhere if you can! It might be a pain to change things, but it will save you $47.40/year plus interest!

I was told that unless you notify a CC company about international trips you run a huge risk of having your card locked if you use it out of country. They unusual usage.
    lucy16076 likes this.

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

I've learned since to contact the financial company prior to my trips...funny though...I've been travelling for years & had never done this before so it didnt' cross my mind....I will be doing this from now on though!
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

PC & ING for years now. I am not sure if the "other" regular banks are still around lol.. Actually, I do know that CIBC is, cause I go there for my PC needs but thats about it.
    Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Get up to 18 GB in free online storage when you sign-up using this link -> http://db.tt/218DjYg

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Too much hassle to sign up...

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

There is a new promotion:

Every time a friend opens an ING DIRECT Canada Account with $100 or more and uses your Orange Key, you'll both get $25. The more you refer, the more you can earn.
    Plus, for a limited time, in addition to the $25, you and your friend will each get 2.50% interest on your savings. This includes all of your non-RSP and non-TFSA Investment Savings Accounts.
    walkonby likes this.
    MY ORANGE KEY 16680564S1
    Every time a friend opens a Tangerine Account with $100 or more and uses your Orange Key, you'll both get $25.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Just know that with this new promo which ends in August, any accts that were opened during their last most promo do not qualify to receive the 2.5% interest rate. Mine are still kind of new accts, ( opened in April) so they should give me the nicer interest on them till the new account smell goes away. lol!!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I was told that unless you notify a CC company about international trips you run a huge risk of having your card locked if you use it out of country. They unusual usage.
    I backpacked through Europe for a few months before getting married and I did't notify my CC and my cards were never closed and I went from England to Denmark to Germany to Paris,etc... I guess it depends on the company and what mood their in

wot
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I switched my HISA over to ING to take advantage of the interest rate. Even without promotions, it's still comparatively better than what I was getting before the switch. I deal with the two business day delay on transactions by using the automated system to set up transactions in advance.

Feel free to use my Orange Key: XXXXXXX
    Last edited by couponlady; Fri, Jul 12th, 2013 at 09:24 AM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

This is just a bit of info for those opening an account for their bigger kids. So account was opened np for DD, we both got the $25.00 ( orange key thing) and then she went to make an online deposit from the acct connected to the ING and they said they needed more info on her before they could allow the deposit???

A CS rep on the phone said they would mail her an ID verification form. They said it was required as a Federal Anti-Money Laundering legislation. Hmmm, so you allowed her to open the account, took her initial deposit, but now she is suspected of being a money launderer? lol!!
    Just kidding, it must be because she does not have a credit card. No way to check her out I think. So photo copies front and back of a pic ID and the form filled out and witnessed/signed by a professional of our choosing. (tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor.....no, GP. , vet, lawyer, dentist ) Seems silly, but I suppose these precautions are a good thing. In a few days she may be able to process that deposit.
    Has anyone else experienced this with ING?
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Jul 15th, 2013 at 05:11 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    This is just a bit of info for those opening an account for their bigger kids. So account was opened np for DD, we both got the $25.00 ( orange key thing) and then she went to make an online deposit from the acct connected to the ING and they said they needed more info on her before they could allow the deposit???

A CS rep on the phone said they would mail her an ID verification form. They said it was required as a Federal Anti-Money Laundering legislation. Hmmm, so you allowed her to open the account, took her initial deposit, but now she is suspected of being a money launderer? lol!!
    Just kidding, it must be because she does not have a credit card. No way to check her out I think. So photo copies front and back of a pic ID and the form filled out and witnessed/signed by a professional of our choosing. (tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor.....no, GP. , vet, lawyer, dentist ) Seems silly, but I suppose these precautions are a good thing. In a few days she may be able to process that deposit.
    Has anyone else experienced this with ING?
    Yes, same thing happened to my BF last year. They took and deposited his $100 cheque no problem but he had to do the same thing once he tried to put more money in. Was a pain but it was fine after he did as requested.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

We are still waiting for it to get sorted out, thanks for letting me know it is something your bf experienced too.

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

The new promotion is a great way to make money... Every time someone opens an ING Direct investment savings account both that person as well as you make 25.00. In addition both you and a friend can earn 2.50 % interest. If anyone is ready to invest an initial deposit of 100.00 you are welcome to use my orange number 29564343S1. BUT WAIT THERES MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I offered this deal last year as well. If you sign up using my orange number I will send you 10.00 of coupons from your wish list. GIVE IT SOME THOUGHT!
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Feel free to use my ING Orange Key below
    Tangerine Orange Key - 34427019S1

Become a new Tangerine client and open a Tangerine Savings, Chequing, TFSA, GIC or RSP account with an initial deposit of $250 or more and use Orange Key - 34427019S1 to earn yourself a free $100 deposit bonus. http://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information