User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Midnightly
  • 1 Post By anastasia1009
  • 3 Post By tccl21
  • 1 Post By abbasgirl
  • 1 Post By francine1985

Thread: milk 2 go chocolate milk (and maybe others)

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

A little while ago we bought our son a 500ml milk to go chocolate milk at walmart and he got extremely sick after he drank it. he was threw up all over the table and the floor at the mall when we were at the food court eating before catching a bus to go home. he didn't feel like eating anything but had wanted a cookie before my husband went to buy our food. i opened his milk and gave it to him... well i told dh to smell it once we were on the bus and the milk was sour. we called the customer service after we got home and i called a few times and even left a message never heard back so i called yet again and finally talked to someone who told me it must be the store and said i should have a sip every time i go to give him a milk (seriously that's your answer its my fault he got sick because i didn't drink his milk). so anyway they sent me 2 coupons that i haven't used yet.

My husband took him to the mall the other day and didnt bring the coupons but did get him another milk 2 go chocolate milk same expiration date as the first one we had an issue with but this one was bought at sobeys. dh did smell it on the bus home before giving it to ds and it was also sour. my mother also bought my son a milk to go chocolate milk on saturday and i smelled it and it too was sour. all 3 came from different stores all 3 had the same expiry date. i called again today to inform them i had the same issue of sour milk again and that i was worried it might be a bad batch. the woman i spoke with said it must be the distributor for our area and from now on i should keep my receipt every time i buy their milk. i am so sick of this company and the rude attitude of the customer service. (aside from their pathetic response to blame me and imply i was the only person with this problem they had a definite attitude in their voice during both phone conversations) I am supposedly going to get more coupons but to be quite honest i will likely just leave them on a shelf for someone to use. I am so angry with their response and attitude. we will be buying chocolate milk from another company from now on. we liked the milk 2 go until this because the bottles were easier for my son to drink out of but its a easier to bring him his own cup from home and not worry about cleaning up vomit in the middle of public or having to deal with a meltdown because their product is bad.

I will not publicly post the expiry date that these 3 milks had (they were all good for a very long time though) however if anyone else has had any issues with this (or any of their other flavors) i would strongly suggest calling them and if anyone sends me a private message with the expiry date of their bad product i will let you know if it matches.

I'm sorry but this cant just be a coincidence especially since we had bought their milks for 3 years without a single problem until it all happens with the last 3 we bought.
    This thread is currently associated with: Sobeys, Walmart

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

he did not even have a bite of that cookie he had asked for (so that definitely was a sign there was something wrong wanting a cookie until after drinking the milk)

and we never gave him the last 2 chocolate milks that we smelled he only had the 1st one that made him sick

***i tired to say it was a red fla g but the word fla g wont show up in my post at all when i spell it without a space
    Last edited by francine1985; Mon, Apr 8th, 2013 at 03:24 PM.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

that is frustrating. i had a similar problem with a pasta.. i called the company to complain about a significant issue (i found bugs in the box.. eewww!) and they basically told me that it leaves their factory just fine and that it's the secondary company that distributes it that is the problem or the store..
    francine1985 likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

that happen to me too my hubby and I got dole bagged lettuce. I washed it, and made a Cesar salad with chicken. I had the salad with the chicken and hubby didn't. Next morning montezuma's revenge for me and about 6 hrs later cause hubby had the salad later than me he was sick. I called Dole they blamed the chicken but hubby never had the chicken and my cats had the chicken too and they were find. Then they said it was the dressing and finally they said maybe there lettuce. From that day forward never ever bagged lettuce.
    Some customer service reps automatically blame other things or the customer not the product. Why would we waste our time, call the company to complain just for the fun of it. They should apologize and come up with a solution. Opened a Friskies Salmon can and it was disgusting cats refused, call them and they apologized and even said sorry to my kitties and got a coupon for 6 cans of cat food. Simply resolution and was nice so I still feed them Friskies. Bad customer service from Dole never again buy there product.
    francine1985 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yuck! I stopped buying these awhile ago. Check the ingredient list - there is very little in there that I'd even consider milk. It's like pouring chemicals down your kids throat. Gross.
    Tbites, thriftygranny and daynabas like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    Some customer service reps automatically blame other things or the customer not the product. Why would we waste our time, call the company to complain just for the fun of it. They should apologize and come up with a solution. Opened a Friskies Salmon can and it was disgusting cats refused, call them and they apologized and even said sorry to my kitties and got a coupon for 6 cans of cat food. Simply resolution and was nice so I still feed them Friskies. Bad customer service from Dole never again buy there product.
    That's very true. In most cases, an apology and some coupons are all that's needed, which isn't even a big expense to the company. But denying that there's an issue tends to lose them a customer - a lot more expensive if they really thought about it.
    francine1985 likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    That's very true. In most cases, an apology and some coupons are all that's needed, which isn't even a big expense to the company. But denying that there's an issue tends to lose them a customer - a lot more expensive if they really thought about it.
    That's definitely true in this case. like i said i likely wont even use the coupons and i am completely done with the company. i was (and honestly still am somewhat) concerned that it might be a bad batch because it smells sour cut looks fine which makes me wonder if maybe a machine wasn't cleaned properly and either a new batch was mixed with an older batch or some chemical was left in the machine and turned it. it looks fine even when poured out so it wasn't lumpy or separated but there is definitely something wrong with it. but they want to take an attitude and blame me for having a problem somewhere between their factory and the store they have definitely lost us as customers.

my son loves chocolate milk and after 3 years of buying their milk every single time we go out for groceries it definitely adds up. add to that that ds2 will likely start drinking milk in 2 or 3 months (and if hes anything like ds1 it will have to be flavored to get him to drink it) that will add up to a decent drop in sales for them.

hopefully this rant will prevent another kid from getting sick from their milk. and i wish i had thought to say to them "I'm sorry i didn't stop my son from getting sick because i actually had faith in your product I've been buying him for years"
    smileyKT likes this.

Thread Information